“Hyatt poor service”

Hyatt Regency Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the hyatt, the only international chain throughout our recent visit to morocco. The rooms were crampy for triple share & the toilet doors were see through. A bit odd for friends sharing room. We stayed the 1st night in Casablanca and our last night. On our last night upon arrival from marrakech, we informed reception that we didn't want a room with transparent toilet doors. She said ok and yet assigned such a room to us. We had to call reception to change room, asked for front office manager Armando but he instead of offering solution, gave us excuses, ie said only 10 rooms in hotel with non transparent toilet doors and all were full. my friends spoke with another reception Zara who assigned another room but with
strong food stench and we called reception again and this time got public relations who when she got to our room agreed it reeked. She then helped change our room and with a toilet that offered
privacy ESP since we were triple sharing. On our check out Gita the receptionist was rude and
refused to accept our keys to check out prior to Breakfast despite us explaining that we need to rush to airport. Finally after persuasion she accepted our room keys for checkout. After breakfast we boarded our van and waited for our bags which upon checking we found out Gita did not give the keys of 2 of our rooms to the porter to collect our bags and the bags were still in the rooms. We were delayed and were stressed all the way out of Casablanca due to rush hour traffic. I rate hyatt poor instead of terrible due to the prompt attention of Zara and the PR lady. Avoid hyatt if you can. Our travel agent told us they were on the poor service list for a long time until recently where they are trying to improve hyatts image but looks like they have along way to go to improve service levels. We are going to feedback to our singapore agent on the poor service of hyatt regency casablanca.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carolin R
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The location is marvelous just next to the basar and the service is awesome. I had a suite on the 11th floor and i was impressed by the view from my room over the basar towards the sea. I also very much liked the Nespresso machine in the room, but the best was the piltes mat, so I could do my morning exercise in style. I did not like that there was a carpet, but to be honest it looked fresh and clean. The internet was fast. The mattress a little bit too hard. The room might need some renovation within the next 2 years, but for the moment it is still ok.
The breakfast in the executive lounge was great and the service was awesome.
I will come back.

Room Tip: 1102 is a nice suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been going to the Hyatt for the last 10 years. I've seen the upgrades being done to the hotel. I have a special bond with the hotel: I can't put my finger on it, but it makes me feel at home. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The staff is very, very friendly. I'm always impressed that they greet me by name. The hotel is clean. The little touch that makes it for me is the lounge music throughout the entire hotel.
Breakfast is elaborate but rather expensive at 260DHR. As well, it's funny but sad to see that the staff easily looses control during the morning rush. Glasses are not added fast enough, the jar of orange juice remains empty for too long... Nothing a good manager wouldn't be able to fix though.
The attached Café M is worth the visit! The menu is awesome. I highly consult to try the local wines: for instance the Médaillon, Cabernet Sauvignon. Really good.
In regards of the competition it is a bit on the expensive side.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have visited Casa 2-3 times per year for the past 6 years, usually alternating b/w the hotels on Ave. d' Anfa. The Hyatt was a very pleasant surprise, with clean modern rooms, fast Internet, good restaurants, and friendly service ( although painfully slow at times) The Hyatt is now my preferred option for my business trips.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 10, 2013

i chose the hyatt for my recent work trip to casablanca as it was the hotel with the best reviews of the options provided by my company (the others including le meridien so still other good intl chains). as soon as i arrived around 6:30p to check-in after a very long flight and a full day of work mtgs, i was impressed by the very nice lobby and the smiling mgr. i had requested a quiet non-smoking room as i was there for work and needed to sleep well and focus w/o much noise. however, as soon as i went into the room (201) at the very end of the hallway RIGHT near the emergency stairwell exit, i was disappointed after the first impression of the hotel. it was SO loud with staff constantly coming and going with banging so loud of the emergency exit doors as well as talking on cell phones that there was no way i could stay in that room. when i called guest services, i was told the mgr would call me back. 15 min later, i called again and was told again she would call me back. finally, i went down to the lobby to request a room change and saw the mgr only to be told that the hotel was fully booked and i was stuck. i said i am an avid NON smoker and the floor / room stinks of cigarettes and the noise level of the emergency exit door (also not the best location for a single, female traveler by the way as a safety measure) - both of which were factors that were making it unable for me to rest after 4 hrs of sleep and a long day at work. she has NO sympathy or empathy and instead repeatedly reminded me of what a privilege it was for me to stay at the hotel - despite the fact that my company is a priority. after a nasty attitude from the mgr and the WORST night's sleep i can remember, i requested a room change for the following day. in the meantime, given the horrendous attitude of this woman without even so much as a gesture of something nice to help me relax after i said repeatedly how exhausted i was, i asked to speak her mgr. he had not been briefed at all re: my situation so again - on 4 hrs of sleep - i had to waste my time to explain the entire situation again from day 1 as well as the lies told by his lady mgr that she had arranged for room service to send me a token of goodwill. as that goodwill never arrived (a metaphor i suppose), i let him know that she blatantly lied to me as well as the degree of service i received. in the end, i received a new room and amends were made though i was left with a bad experience about this hotel still. in addition to the drama upon arrival on day 1, i discovered the phone did not work in the room when i was expecting a business call and basically would have to take the phone call in the toilet. in addition, due to miscommunication with the inept staff, i was needlessly awoken early in the morning by the concierge re: a request after i had finally managed to sleep decently on day 2. finally, in addition to the above words of caution on staying in this hotel, i suggest you do NOT depend on the bell staff to help with hailing a taxi. after at least 5 different requests to help get a taxi with the meter, i was ignored and instead suggested to go with strangers loitering in cars outside the hotel in *unmarked* cars. an example is that from the hotel to Rick's Cafe it should cost 15mad by meter and the hotel suggested 100mad with one of these random men. totally insane though captures well the essence of my stay at this property with little regard for safety or peace of mind for guests. thank goodness there for the Sofitel that just opened very closeby...

Room Tip: Avoid room 201 and rooms near emergency exit if you value a good night's sleep.
1  Thank Kathmandu74
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

I remain,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

i stayed for a couple of nights in Casa ( as the locals usually call Casablanca ) recently and found out after some unpleasant experiences, that nighlife in Casa was dangerous & treacherous unless I was recommended to visit Black House after midnight. Prior to that I visited the corniche ( Ain Diab) along the Atlantic coast, which had a mushroom growth of bars, night clubs, karaoke clubs etc. These places were infested with men & women looking for lonely foriegners to cheat & rob them of their money and other valuables.The Black House was real fun and an upscale place to drink, dance and meet beautiful & young Moroccan women. You need to buy an entry ticket of 150 MAD ( residents are entitled to free entry ) which comes with a free drink and its non-stop thrill till 3:30 in the morning. Weekends at Black House generally have a crowded look but the place is too expansive with a mezannine floor to lay back and enjoy the music!
But t

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Anwer I

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I started off my tour of Morocco in Casablanca. It's not the greatest city by any means, but the Hyatt there is decadent. We were in a Regency Club Room which was very nice, modern and upscale. We arrived in the early morning, so we had breakfast at the hotel. It was like a gourmet meal with service to boot! Later that evening, we had cocktails in their lounge, which was so nice. If you have to be in Casablanca, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends