“Hotel is fine but like rest of Casa, it is wearing out”

Hyatt Regency Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Casablanca for a night.... waiting for a flight to Paris we stayed here for one one night. I admit I am angry with the front desk still so should not be writing this review so focused on them but dang it, they blew it!!!!

The rpoom is fine, standard overseas Hyatt/Hilton/Sheraton stock. Blah Blah Blah. One thing I have learned form my travel is that the standard business hotel "gets it" when it comes to service items like hotel transfers, flight stuff, quiet time after a day of meetings etc. I am not here for luxury, spa, beach etc. I am here to catch a flight first thing in the morning.

Soon after arrival I asked to arrange transfer to the airport early in the morning. The gentleman at the front desk "poopoo'd" me and said "of course I will have this all arranged etc. After going ot the lobby with my wife asking on our car, the SAME guy got a bad look on his fae. Soon after he ran out front and 10 minutes later told us our car was ready. A OLD beat up (doors held with wire/windows broken/seats with worn areas/rusty paint) Mercedes Limo pulls around. This car stank. Soon after leaving the hotel, we realized why. The exhaust vents into the back seat area. With broken windows we were unable to ventilate. Thank golly it was only a 25 minute trip. The driver seemed very non-plussed about it. Also despite paying the hotel for the ride and confirming "no tip, it is included) the driver seemed ready to throw a fit when we did not hand over some money, Very uncool Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Casablanca

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Don't let the outside trick you. The inside is extremely nice and up to the hotel stars.
I had only breakfast and it was very good with a nice buffet as well as with a menu a la carte.
Rooms are big with all is needed. The hotel provides limousine services a bit expensive but with nice car and extremely useful if you want to avoid local taxis. Public transportation is available right outside the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I say that only if you have to go. There is nothing to see in this town that makes it worth going out of your way for. If you have any romantic ideas from the movie they will soon be shattered. This is one of the dirtiest uninteresting cities I have ever been. The only interesting thing to see there is the Hassan ll Mosque.

Room Tip: Be prepared to hear the call to prayer in the middle of the night coming from the speakers throughou...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just ended my 3nights stay at the Hyatt, had a Regency Club room. Breakfast is provided in the Club Lounge even though the one provided in the main restaurant is better (you'll be charged extra on a Club Room BB basis if you choose to try the one in the main restaurant).
A great aperitif is offered from 6pm to 8pm with a good variety of wines and fresh juices, really good finger food as well. Get there early as the lounge is quite small and with only a few tables.
Extremely NOISY rooms overlooking the main entrance, make sure you bring your earplugs and ask for the ones overlooking the back of the building.
Club rooms are not as big as I expected, Nespresso coffe is provided.
Conveniently located a few steps away the historical Bab Marrakech and the old medina.
Probably the priciest in town.

Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

i stayed in this hotel 3times.it is really my favourite hotel in Casablanca . everything is good,especially the lobby staff can call my name after few months when i checked.in again.i was touched by them.
only thing not good to me is the breakfast never change. i can take any.food by closing my eyes and wouldn't be wrong since their layout never change as well.
for one time stayer it is not a concern
anyway a very good hotel in Casablanca .

• Stayed: March 2013
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hyatt Regency has been my hotel in Casablanca for well over 25 years now.

It is centrally located and offers an excellent stay. Professional and polite staff, comfortable rooms, good restaurants and bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2013

On a trip 2 week trip to Morocco, this was the highlight! Was able to get an incredible room with a great view of the Hassan II Masjid. The hotel was classy, comfortable and a short distance away from the most authentic (madinah (inner city) and souks (stores)) with many hundreds of years of history. Visiting the Hassan II Masjid was amazing! and is a absolute must see.

The hotel was beautifully decorated and had good wholesome entertainment.
I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Masjid Hassan II.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple