“The best in Casablanca, so be ready to pay for it.”

Hyatt Regency Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best in Casablanca, so be ready to pay for it.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Just ended my 3nights stay at the Hyatt, had a Regency Club room. Breakfast is provided in the Club Lounge even though the one provided in the main restaurant is better (you'll be charged extra on a Club Room BB basis if you choose to try the one in the main restaurant).
A great aperitif is offered from 6pm to 8pm with a good variety of wines and fresh juices, really good finger food as well. Get there early as the lounge is quite small and with only a few tables.
Extremely NOISY rooms overlooking the main entrance, make sure you bring your earplugs and ask for the ones overlooking the back of the building.
Club rooms are not as big as I expected, Nespresso coffe is provided.
Conveniently located a few steps away the historical Bab Marrakech and the old medina.
Probably the priciest in town.

Stayed April 2013
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

i stayed in this hotel 3times.it is really my favourite hotel in Casablanca . everything is good,especially the lobby staff can call my name after few months when i checked.in again.i was touched by them.
only thing not good to me is the breakfast never change. i can take any.food by closing my eyes and wouldn't be wrong since their layout never change as well.
for one time stayer it is not a concern
anyway a very good hotel in Casablanca .

• Stayed March 2013
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, April 12, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hyatt Regency has been my hotel in Casablanca for well over 25 years now.

It is centrally located and offers an excellent stay. Professional and polite staff, comfortable rooms, good restaurants and bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

On a trip 2 week trip to Morocco, this was the highlight! Was able to get an incredible room with a great view of the Hassan II Masjid. The hotel was classy, comfortable and a short distance away from the most authentic (madinah (inner city) and souks (stores)) with many hundreds of years of history. Visiting the Hassan II Masjid was amazing! and is a absolute must see.

The hotel was beautifully decorated and had good wholesome entertainment.
I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Masjid Hassan II.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dubai
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was good. No issues with the airport pick-up - great car.

The hotel is also extremely well appointed in the heart of the city overlooking the recently upgraded United Nations Square; which is very pretty.

The hotel is simply lacking a quality management presence. There is no shortage of staff but they are badly organised and rarely were we attended to without prompting in the hotel bar and cafe. At no point did we see any senior member of the hotel team making their presence felt to either guests or more importantly staff. If they were doing so, it was extremely discreet and was not having any impact. By no standard could the property boast genuine 5 star service.

I also had pretty serious issues with room keys; which needed to be reissued multiple times.

Early Sunday mornings is also not the time to want to speak to Reception or Room Service. I tried almost every available extension - which were all being routed to reception but then repeatedly received no answer - or worse - my call was being cut off at the other end as they were apparently too busy or understaffed.

I should say that all the staff that we did interact with were all very nice, polite people - just need to be shown by their team leaders what good looks like and someone to make sure that they do it consistently.

Not great but far from irredeemable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

I remain,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Hyatt Regency in Casablanca really is a lovely hotel. The reception area is really nice and welcoming, with beautiful dark wood walls and stunning decor. The breakfast was sublime, and the rooms are very nice. We had 5 great nights here and really enjoyed our stay. The location is great as it is literally over the road from the square where the tram stops, however the city itself isn't that great and there's not that much to do overall. To summarise, it's great hotel !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good service

Great food at room service and in the resturant

New and great room. Bathroom was big and new.

Im not so shure about the location but i did not like to walk in the streets around the hotel. I could not walk in peace

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, March 28, 2013