“Total luxury!”

Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Casablanca
Philadelphia
“Total luxury!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent my last night in Casablanca, before leaving Morocco to return home: this was my pre-planned splurge! While not the typical Moroccan experience by any stretch, the Hyatt made every effort to afford it guests an attentive, luxurious experience in the heart of town, next to the medina: new meets old! Staff was wonderful, everyone knew my name, and looked after me with both good grace and diligence. It was a great choice for my final night, well worth the price. Room, dinner, and lounge "mint tea" we're all excellent! Recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a great hotel not because of the setting or hardware but because of the staff. Stayed two nights and can only rave about the level of attention from the staff from the night we checked (wonderfully cheerful and personalised greeting from the receptionist) to the great service in the Regency club lounge to the wait staff at the bar where we asked for Moroccan tapis to the wonderful food, ambiance and staff at Cafe M, to one of the best concierge we have ever encountered in our travels. The hotel is in a good location the rooms are very comfortable and well kept it is safe, secure and a pleasure - highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel facilities and location is quite good, but again ,you will have to pay deposit while checking in ,even if you will not use such facility ,and the problem when you are checking-out you will receive the local currency while you are in your way to the airport ,thus you are forced to use it or change it with lowest rate because you have any other option .

Room Tip: room amenities is quite good ,but AC function need attention .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aayusef

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I unfortunately missed a connecting flight after returning from a splendid ski touring trip in the High Atlas Mountains. I checked with the airlines (EK) to find what recommendation they had, I asked for 5 star, and the Hyatt Regency was recommended. Reviewed trip advisor, it was ranked 3rd, but went with it, because I had a frequent guest registration......mistake. Could not pull the taxi up to the front door because of security, unless one was in a limousine. I had to carry my board bag and backpack myself. The check in was prolonged, there were three desks operating with one on client at each desk, and it seemed that the staff were trying to go slowly so that someone else had the duty of checking me in. The staff recognized my displeasure, and I was upgraded to executive suite. I inquired about message capability, and I was told that it was available in the hotel, however when I called, no time slot was available that evening, or the next morning. I called the hotel manager for some other arrangement to be made, and then about an hour later, the manager called back and stated the the masseuse would be available the next morning before my flight. I had walked close to 200 km over the previous 5 days, I was in bad shape. The food in the hotel was not spectacular, served on cold plates. The salade nicoise was poorly prepared, the frites cold, the club sandwich bland. Had local Moroccan dish with cous-cous --vegetables----it was just without flavor. The porters were great, the front desk associate although slow, was able to effectively improve my mood, and I left the desk with a smile. Bravo!!! I would probably not stay at this hotel again. I hear the Sofitel is newer, has better views, and better service.

Room Tip: Stay on a room with an even number, has a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In the center of Casablanca across from the Medina and old souk lies this attractive hotel.
You enter into a impressive lobby with striking floral arrangements and furnishings.The reception
is gracious and attentive.The rooms are well appointed though I felt a bit cramped. I had a late night snack downstairs in the lounge,sitting on plush cushions,sipping my first Moroccan tea , tasty squash soup with chicken on a bagel. Back upstairs to a sound sleep on a plush well appointed bed Pleasant dreams

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Hong Kong
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I'm a frequent traveller to these types of business hotels. From my physical look around its the nicest place to stay in Casa. That said it's not quite at the same standard as other properties, other's correctly noted a mix of very luxurious finishings and somewhat dated ones. Slept well on the 3rd floor facing the tram line, noise was within expectations (its very central and the old souk is close by). The staff were very helpful and worked to help us find a few innovative solutions to those little problems that occur first day in a new place. When in Casa again we will return for sure.

Be aware though, we didn't really find that Casablanca had much to offer tourists, and a day was very sufficent for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is the best hotel the city can offer, but lower your expectations when you go there. some parts are dated some are luxurious giving a mixed and uncomfortable feeling

On the good side, staff is friendly and tries to go the extra mile to meet your needs. The hotel location is in the center of everything and right in front of the new Metro line. Breakfast is okay, loved the fresh raspberry juice ;)

On the negative side,
-This hotel is not for claustrophobics!! The floors ceiling is 230cms high and feels even lower with the carpet floors and long coridors.
-Housekeeping needs to improve, the minibar and toiletries were not replaced for two consuquetive days.
-Nice big wall for the TV and get a tiny 30" screen installed on it, the hotel should go for bigger sized screens.
-Also on the TV, would be great to enjoy watching TV while relaxing on the nice Sofa, but, you cannot tilt the TV and you could only watch it while in bed. Come on guys, invest 10$ more and get a tilting wall-hanger.

Room Tip: go for high floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business