“Luxury in the Midst of Chaos”

Hyatt Regency Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
London
“Luxury in the Midst of Chaos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is this ourcropping of luxury in the middle of the chaos of Casablanca. While the traffic honks their horns outside, the hotel offers beautifully spaious rooms with separate showers and bath tubs. The room service is also delicious with local cuisine presented beautifull. Check in and out were easy and smmoth and all of the staff was friendly and helpful. I would higly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank carlykp
HRC20000, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Christian Le Prince Monfort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hyatt Regency has been the best place in our trip to Marrocco. The staff was extremely friendly and service was without any flaws. Also the food in the Marroccanian Restaurant was outstanding The staff was falling in love to our baby and all of our 5 person family had a great time and we wished to stay longer at this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are a family of four that stayed on the Regency Floor for a weekend.

Our welcome into the hotel during check in and room orientation was extremely personal and detailed. During check-in, the Guest Services Manager came to introduce himself and explained that they had set up an extra bed in our room in anticipation of our arrival with our two small boys. He provided his card and asked that we call him if it was not sufficient. The gentleman that escorted us to our room provided a clear, personal and detailed room orientation. Our guest room was located on the 8th floor (Regency Floor). We found the room to be clean, sleek and a with a view of Hassan II Mosque. The extra bed was exactly what we needed for our boys and it fit fine in the room.

Breakfast was enjoyed in the Regency Club. The buffet included hard boiled eggs, a selection of cheeses, fresh squeezed juices (raspberry, tomato, orange and lemon), pastries and breads, yogurts, fresh fruits and berries, coffee, cappuccinos, tea and your choice of fried eggs, omelets or scrambled eggs are made to order. The staff was extremly engaging and helpful with our small boys.

The location seems prime for the downtown business traveler. Parking is easy and can be handled with valet or self-parking. If you choose valet, you still gain control of the keys.

Two items that we think can be improved upon are the drive up arrival and driving directions to area attractions. Point 1: Upon arrival to the hotel you will notice security barriers that do not allow cars to access the porte de cochere. The men outside during our arrival did not do a very good job explaining how parking of the car would be handled. A small explanation upon arrival that cars are unloaded and then parked with keys being returned to you during check in would be welcome. Point 2: We decided to visit the Rabat Zoo during our stay and requested directions to the Zoo from the Concierge over the phone prior to our departure. The Concierge asked us to stop by on our way out so that he could provide us with a map and directions. The map was a large over view of Casablanca and Rabat with the necessary details unclear. The verbal directions to get to the highway seemed clear enough in person, but once we were in our car we noticed that they made no sense what so ever. What was even worse was that he told us that once we get to Rabat we should go to a hotel to get directions to the Zoo. Poor directions seem to be the norm in Morocco, but I hope that improvements can be made in this area.

Each staff member we encountered was smiling, friendly, warm, welcoming and attentive. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Regency Floor provides complimentary breakfast buffet, evening cocktail and hors d'oeurves and c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

kansas/wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My daughter and I treated ourselves to brunch at the Hyatt's restaurant after attending services at St. John, a nearby Episcopalian chapel hidden among palm trees at the far side of the hotel's parking lot. (If you do want to visit the church grounds and you ask for directions, the locals will tell you, "There's no church there, it's only a cemetery." But persevere! There are many gravestones among the greenery but there is also a building which only holds about 60 people.) Back to the lunch: we were the first to come to brunch and the maitre d', even tho' he knew we were not hotel guests, treated us with highest regard. The food offered was breakfast, lunch and dinner fare, nothing was missing, everything tasted super. I wished for an endless capacity. A crepe and waffle bar and bottomless cups of cafe con leche were available. I could hardly find any fresh vegetable salads that didn't include thinly sliced salmon (lox? not my favorite) but finally found fishless salad ingredients at one corner of the bread table. By the time we left, the place was filling up, inside and outside, with singles, couples and families--some with small children who served themselves off the edges of the salad table with somewhat more abandon than I thought healthful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt is a Hyatt: i.e. It has the great architecture, the amazing bars and restaurants, the breath taking lobby. However, service is not to the standard of a five star hotel. Our travel companion's luggage didn't arrive. She speaks fluent French and asked the receptionist for a toothbrush, she was sent back and forth, nobody provided her with a toothbrush. Long and short, we had to go out to the street late in the night looking for a store to get a toothbrush. Our room was for 3 people, but when we got to our room, he extra bed was missing. we had to call twice to get the bed delivered and unfortunately, the person bringing it had a strong B.O. we had to leave the room for a while and open the windows.
The next day at breakfast we had to order 5 different waiters for coffee to be served, I even stood up and fetched one of the coffee thermos, which was empty.
Nevertheless, it is an impressive hotel and many of the staff try to provide you with a better service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CaroArangoB
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

Bellevue
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is true that the Hyatt's location and overall property (especially public spaces) are excellent particularly for a business visit to Casablanca, but for price paid, I think there may be other alternatives that will serve you better. Overall, the rooms are certainly above average, with very comfortable beds and nice amenities. BUT, make sure you get a room with working Air Conditioning. I didn't and two other members of our business group also did not have functioning air conditioning. On my first morning, I asked the front desk to send a technician to fix the problem. The problem was not fixed. Rather than move rooms, I was able to mitigate the problem by opening my windows (to a noisy street) and allowing cool nighttime air to come in, until I went to sleep and did fine thereafter. But, I like a cool to cold room, and clearly the air conditioning did not work. My colleague did decide to switch rooms and reported that indeed air conditioning is not a hotel wide issue -- it exists room by room.

Otherwise, I can support what others have reported in terms of the exellent breakfast buffet, a very good (but not exceptional) fitness room and awesome views from the top of the hotel.

One brand new note: The new city Tram has just opened across the street from the hotel. This will enable much easier intra-city travel along the first built line. Be careful of pick-pockets (just passing along a general safety tip).

Room Tip: Get a room with functioning air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mshbnyehud
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this review, December 19, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

I remain,

Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here our last night in Morocco. I thought perhaps we should book another riad but decided to book the Hyatt instead because of location. Are we glad we did! After 8 night in Morocco we needed a shot of westernization and this provided it beautifully.

The rooms were air conditioned, the beds were so comfortable, the linens very nice and the staff was superbly helpful.

We had lunch and breakfast there and food, service and ambiance were great.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher rooms provide better views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family