“a nice hotel to stay”

Hyatt Regency Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed November 14, 2012

At the end of our Moroccan trip we stayed one night in this hotel in October 2012. Check-in was smooth and we did not wait too long. Our room was clean and spacious; bathroom is large. However, the toilet was at another location and there is no washbasin in there so we had to go to the bathroom to wash hands, that was a bit awkward. We had a queen size bed and bed was firm, bed linen, towels were clean. The sleep quality in that room was good, did not hear any noises at night.

After changed some money at the front desk, we went out to the Old Medina, which is at the other side of street, only 5 minutes away. We arrived late that night and only strolled around a little bit in the market. The continental buffet style breakfast next morning was good and the dinning area was pretty.

After checking out, the front desk helped us to call a taxi and we asked for how much we should pay to go to the Casablanca Mohammed V Airport, the lady told us a number and also told us not to pay over this fare. It was true, the taxi driver tried to ask for more, but we refused to pay extra. Not because our taxi driver was rude, but I think it is habit they all try to get more money from foreign tourists. By the way, Casablanca Mohammed V Airport is located 30 km from the hotel. Under the normal condition, it is only takes about 25 minutes to get there from the hotel. Nevertheless, my advice is to take extra time to go to the airport since the traffic is quite chaotic in that city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JaneJ2010
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Casablanca.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as it is the goal of every member of the hotel staff to welcome our guests with the high level of service for which Hyatt Hotels are known worldwide.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Casablanca

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a review from an unabashed fan of Hyatt -- I travel a lot for work, stay at Hyatts around the world, Diamond on the rewards scale, love the brand. The Hyatt Regency Casablanca has the worst service of any Hyatt I have stayed at worldwide. I stayed here for two nights on business this past summer. First night, arrived at 10 PM. No one in line for reservations, was asked to wait 20 minutes for unclear reasons for check-in. Was essentially fluffed off by the woman at the counter when I asked for separate twins (as I had requested by telephone 3 days prior, and advised them of the late check-in). Was told that there were rooms with separate beds, but I had not requested them previously, and hence they could not place me in one. Not sure what that was about, but I asked to speak to a manager, was told there wasn't one on duty. It soured by entire experience.

There was no help the second day when I asked to change rooms. Was told that there were no rooms, when this was clearly not the case.

There really isn't anywhere else nice to stay in Casablanca if you like big hotels, so unfortunately this is the choice you have. The rooms themselves were ok (avg for Hyatt), bathrooms larger than expected, AC worked, the hotel looks fantastic, hence the 2 as opposed to a 1 which they deserve on the basis of service.

I expect that the manager will reply to this negative review below, so I would make the following recommendations:

1. Many people have complained about your service. Do something tangible about it -- i.e. have a training session about expectations, remove employees that don't meet standards. Don't just apologize here and do nothing in reality.

2. Some people stay at your hotel because of brand loyalty, and quite honestly should be rewarded for it. Please go out of your way for these individuals and indicate in your reply how you intend to do so, beyond what Hyatt requests that you do.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SugarSammy

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your confidence in regards to the hotel.

I would like to assure you that we have taken good note of your remarks and we realize that there are certain areas in which we still have to make efforts and the necessary follow-up are on going in order to improve the quality of our services.

I thank you once more for having chosen to stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency as soon as your travel plan brings you to Casablanca.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Casablanca for business and received a room overlooking the city, which was good. The hotel facilities were not matching its price and I didn't receive any Platinum member services during my stay. The bathrooms were not properly cleaned and only received minimal care. The food variety for breakfast was also not sufficient at all. All was fine until I spotted flying insects roaming around the food at the buffet and a cockroach by the piano which is located right outside the dining area. I asked to have the food removed and changed, which actually happened. My problem was that this was the norm there at the restaurant every day. However, I have to say that the staff at the restaurant are very nice.
This is my second time in Casa and I was hoping to get something better than my earlier stay at Le Meridien which unfortunately didn't happen.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ataha

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Casablanca!

I have learned about the inconveniences that you have encountered and would like to extend you my most sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have personally investigated your points of dissatisfaction and the necessary measures have been taken to avoid that similar situation reoccur in the future.

I sincerely reiterate my apologies for what happened and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at the Hyatt Regency as soon as your next travel plan brings you to Casablanca, to assure you that your experience is not representative of the service we customarily provide at the hotel.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

First of all I must say that there really arent a whole lot of good options in Casablanca. The city is dirty, noisy and generally not very safe. The Hyatt probably is the only decent option which could be why the staff has such a "whatever" attitude. We checked in a day prior to our tour and our tour director was actually the one who checked us in with the staff. This was all prepaid by the tour company. We were told that the club lounge was not open for drinks for the next 2 nights and not for breakfast the next morning. We were given other options. No problem. The next afternoon my husband and I decided to relax and have lunch by the pool. We waited OVER 45 minutes for service. The staff only seemed to concentrate on a couple of tables, the rest of the staff just hung around. I finally had to approach them and request menus. Then my husband went back to the room to get something. He came back about 30 minutes later to tell me that we were locked out of our room, billed for the previous night and that they wanted us to move to another room. REALLY??? This was the same category room that we were already booked into. We didnt move. The next morning we met our tour group in the lobby and when we told our tale to the guide, he attempted to straighten it all out and now they had added the breakfasts and drinks to our bill because we were given bad information by thire staff. It all got straightened out in the end because other tour guests were also given the same info by staff. Just not worth the bother and definitely not up to Hyatt standards.

Room Tip: There just isn't one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLover1954
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt in Casablanca for a long weekend and although it was Ramadan and the restauramts were either closed or very busy, the stay was very enjoyable. The rooms were very nice and clean and the pool area / bar / restaurant was the same. Staff were helpful although English is not perfectively spoken it is certainly acceptable and knowing a little french goes a long way. There are a lot of nearby restaurants and cafes and a large medina is opposite the hotel. We visited "Ricks Cafe" which, albeit not the original from the film (there never was a Ricks in Casablanca), was a really good night out and everything you would have expected from the film version.

Room Tip: Executive floor includes lounge access breakfast and free drinks and canapes early evening so very g...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 4, 2012

For a Hyatt, I must say the hotel is disappointing!
The lobby is nice with a nice warm feel to it with lots of comfy sofas, the staff are smiley & the Moroccan restaurant is really good, the hotel is 2 min walk from Medina, but that's about it!!!

I stayed in room number 100 where one of the phones was missing, the other broken which means you can't even call the reception when there's a problem! The sink didn't drain water & internet could not be accessed due to "interface" issues that needed at least 2 requests & 30 min to fix but worst of all, almost unbearable the AC was broken & released exhaust fumes into the room.

Worst of all, when you inform the duty manager about all this, you'd imagine he'd be appalled & actually do something (he did fix internet though) drastic, his best suggestion was to remove the cost of some incidentals (less than 20$) imagine after having no AC, exhaust fumes, no phone...
Could I have possible gotten the worse room? yes possible but unlikely because a Hyatt should not have such a room & the most likely scenario is that the hotel should seriously invest in customer service & quality training.

Room Tip: Some rooms like room 100 overlook a concrete rooftop very ugly view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights October 2012. For visiting Casa, the location is excellent. Check in and service were of a very high standard. Pool is lovely,especially considering you are in the middle of a major city, close by the Old Medina.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HRC20000, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012