Royal Mansour Casablanca
$125
  • Pool
$119
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We arrived at around 2am, check in was good, advised we were being picked up in the morning to commence our 10 day tour.
Room was large, air con was poor, but worst was to come.
Had a shower no hot water I mean when you turned the tap tp hot nothing came out.
Explained this to the front desk, a man arrived to clean the bathroom, explained no hot water. A technician will come, now about 3am. Too late just want to go sleep, will sort out in morning.
Had breakfast all good.
Return to front desk explain situation, looks dumbfounded lucky night manager there, arrange another room to shower.
At checkout only interest from staff, had I used the mini bar in either room asked twice.
No apology at all.
Then asked if our driver has arrived, yes but he has left.
Lucky he returned, the hotel had told him we were not in the hotel and were expected that night.
Peter G Australia
During my business career I was a Starwood guest, this hotel does not live upto that standard.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Berrada, Director of Sales at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for recently staying with us whilst visiting Casablanca and also for having taken the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are extremely sorry and disappointed that your room conditions here at our property was less than Le Royal Mansour Meridien experience you should have received. We endeavor to do our best at creating great guest experiences and we really take it to heart when we fail. I have already shared with concerned departments the breakdowns that occurred during your visit and we are discussing these gaps to ensure they do not happen again.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you and we do hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the future, and we invite you to contact us at any time we can assist to ensure your complete wellbeing in your stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Only stayed one night here at the start of a countrywide tour and arrived quite late.
The staff were very curtious and helpful.
The room was very spacious and comfortable if a little old and slightly worn.
A major plus point was the breakfast (and the restaurant it was held in) which was very good - both in selection and quality.
Our check out was faultless. A short stay but enough to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review.

We are very pleased that you appreciated your stay with us. Particularly, your nice words about our staff and the quality of our breakfast are the best compliments we can receive as we strive on a daily basis in order to offer an impeccable but at the same time genuine service.

We are all already very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I just spent 9 days here for business and it was delightful. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Our reservation included breakfast, which offered a great variety of local and western fare. The staff was exceptional: always helpful and friendly. This was our first time in Morocco and it was helpful to always have the concierge to assist us with taxis, dinner reservations and airport transport. This hotel is located close to one of the train stations and it is easy to grab a taxi to anywhere in the city. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jbritt51

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave these wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

It is always a real pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed the hotel our services and we continuously strive to satisfy their expectations.

Your enthusiasm for all the team is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them.

We all look forward to welcoming you again at Royal Mansour Meridien.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a very good time for six nights (20-26th August 2012). We had a problem with the room in the first night and it was replaced with better one and the staff were so nice as it is well known character of the Moroccans in general.
The location of the hotel is very convenient; few hundred meters from the old Madina and with reasonable distance from the Cornish and other parts of the city by using the small red taxi with very reasonable fares.
Thank you Le Royal Mansour Meridien for your excellent and royal treatment of your customers.

Room Tip: If you have any problem tell the staff and they'll rush to help and make things right.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shetha A
Berrada, Director of Sales at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We also would like to thank you for staying with us, and for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received here in Le Royal Mansour Meridien.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and your reward and praise have reached and touched our hearts.

Again, it was a great pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had an outstanding stay here of 3 nights. The staff treat SPG platinums extremely well. Had booked a regular room and was upgraded to a Senior suite which is pretty large. Its essentially a one bedroom suite about 750 sq ft large.

Check in was quick, i was offered a welcome drink and then quickly shown to my room. They had some local gifts which I could have chosen as my Platinum amenity which I thought were pretty neat. There was a carafe of almond milk waiting for me in the room, along with 3 large plates of almonds, raising and dried apricots.

The room was large and very comfortable. The rooms look worn yet somehow fits in quite well with the whole Moroccan setting. I got room 406 which overlooked the main road outside. There isnt much in terms of views, though you can see the ocean from the lounge on the 9th floor. The bathroom was very large, and there even was a second bath in the living room. They also supplied the suites with larger than normal toiletries.

It cost me about 400 Dirhams to get here from the airport, though next time I would call the airport and arrange a pick up through them. They charged 300 Dhs for the ride to the airport, and in an S class Mercedes which is pretty much nicer than any cab you are going to find out there.

The staff here are incredibly friendly and gracious, always checking in with you to make sure things are good. Abderrehman, the concierge is the man! He was very knowledgeable about all things local, even letting me know which restuarants would be open for lunch during Ramadan. He even set me up for my day trip to Marrakech which was unbelieveably helpful. He called ahead to the Meridian in Marrakech, let them know I was coming and to help me out with anything. Now that is truly some service. The concierge at the Meridien Marrakech was also awesome and told me about where to go in my limited time there and even gave me a ticket to enter the Botanical gradens in Marrakech which saved me 25 Dhs.

The hotel can arrange for your train tickets as well if you let them know a couple of hours in advance. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is pretty good, though pricey in my opinion at 260 Dhs. Luckily it was included for me. They have a ton of local options along with the usual bread and omlette options. But the food is very good. I tried room service once and the food was fairly decent. The Iftar buffet is quite something....a ton of options which are constantly refilled to handle the rush of people.

The hotel is located right next to old Medina which is the main souk. Do visit but definitely do not buy. Prices are much cheaper at the shops just outside the souk....the souk is a tourist trap in terms of purchases but definitely visit to experience it. Let the bellman know if you need a cab to go someplace, and tell him to make sure it is a metered one as a lot of cabbies will try to rip you off. Cabs are pretty cheap on the whole in Casablanca. A trip from the hotel to the train station will set you back 10 dirhams, wheres it will cost about 20 dirhams to go to the Hassan mosque.

The one disappointing feature I thought was the lounge. It was pretty much empty all the time and never had anything on offer, even during the 6 pm to 8 pm food/cocktail hour. I am not sure if this is because it is ramadan or just in general but if it was due to Ramadan it would have been nice to let the guests know espesically since there usually was some staff member present. The lounge offers up a nice view but sadly you cant step out onto the balcony.

The spa was nice and my stay included complimentary visits to the steam and sauna. The staff here again is really very nice and i used the facilities many times. There are also many restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Amazingly enough there is a Sheraton literally across the street as well. Note that you can get 20% off your food bill at the Sheraton if you check in on foursquare.

Note that there is no wifi access yet in the rooms. You have wifi in the lobby and lounge but not in the rooms where it is wired. I did mention this to the front desk who said they were in the process of implementing wifi in all rooms. I had a hard time figuring out multiple logins to the internet on different devices and in the end gave up and just kept purchasing one for each of my 3 devices. Internet was complimentary for me, but this could seriously add up if it isnt since it costs about 22$ a day everytime you pruchase it.

In the end though, this was an amazing stay. The staff took it to a whole new level, and the suite was a treat to stay in. This is definitely going to be my go to hotel the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want something facing the ocean....thought its far away
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sandyjb83
Berrada, Director of Sales at Royal Mansour Casablanca, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review.

We are very pleased that you appreciated your stay with us.
Particularly, your nice words about our staff are the best compliments we can receive as we strive on a daily basis in order to offer an impeccable but at the same time genuine service.

Needless to say that we have well noted your comments regarding the lounge and please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the department concerned to follow up.

We are all already very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,