All reviews the executive lounge moroccan restaurant business hotel breakfast buffet is mint tea hassan ii concierge medina nightclub
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Being a loyal SPG platinum member, my obvious choice when visiting Casablanca was to stay at the Sheraton Casablanca Hotel and Tower. I had 2 stays booked on the 14th and 18th June.

The hotel however was a disappointment and definitely did not live up to its name especially not under the SPG brand name, which is synonymous with the hospitality industry. Having just stayed at the Hilton Tanger City Centre Hotel, which was flawless and amazing, the Sheraton felt like a Motel 6 in comparison. There were countless teething problems, which I faced during my stay that made it unbearable.

Upon arrival there was only one front desk agent on duty and despite there being a SPG queue there was no one tending to it. The front desk agent was extremely slow with the guests in front of me and it took more than 20 minutes before I was served. After a long journey from the Sahara Desert, standing in line in a supposed self-proclaim 5 star hotel was just absurd.

I got an upgrade to a suite, which I am extremely grateful for, but the room was obviously faulty. First things first the keys to the room NEVER work. I left the room 3 times during my stay and all 3 times I had to go back to the lobby to recode my card. And every single time I go there, there would be a queue and I would have to waste at least 15 minutes of my time waiting. This is definitely not what I expect of a 5 star property.

After a long day out exploring the sights of Casablanca, I returned back to the hotel to take a shower and was shocked when the drainage in the toilet did not work at all. The entire toilet was flooded and even the carpet was completely drenched. I immediately called down to front desk to inform them of the problem, but they were so nonchalant about the situation. They sent and engineer who subsequently called housekeeping to vacuum out the water. This happened after midnight and the cleaning took more than half an hour and caused a ruckus. I was expecting some sort of service recovery, perhaps an offer for a change of room, but none was given. The engineer merely told my partner to take a quick shower to prevent future occurrence of flooding. I am flabbergasted by what he said, but as it was already so late, I did not want to make a big fuss out of it.

Also as a Platinum guest, lounge access is accorded when a property has a lounge. I went up during the stipulated hours and was shocked when there was no one manning the place. There were some small bites laid on the table but they were cold, stale and have been left out for too long. I was worried about the hygiene of the food and left without eating anything. Again this happening in a Sheraton just blows my mind.

Overall the stay was terrible. I wanted to leave the property as soon as possible. It was extremely frustrating on my part.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Wrenkahn25
houda k, On behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2017

Dear Jeremy H,

Thank you for your review !

Our sincere apologies for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us.

We completely appreciate these concerns and can assure you that any neglect experienced would have been a result of thoughtlessness rather than intent. These issues have been addressed to be rectified and appropriate actions will be taken to prevent any guest being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future and contact directly Mr Karim Bellari, our Director of Guest Service, by e-mail (karim.bellari@sheraton.com) should your travel plans bring you back to Casablanca, so we can make sure, your stay will be an enjoyable one next time around.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Good functional and well located hotel in a busy part of Casablanca. Rooms are spacious and clean but could do with some updating. The hotel staff are very friendly and always available to help. Nice sports bar with good collection of drinks. Romm end rooms on the higher floors to avoid noise from the traffic

Trip type: Traveled on business
houda k, On behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear Dennis Z,

Thank you for your review !

We are glad to know you enjoyed hotel location, rooms and the bar during your stay.

We are proud of our dedicated team who are indeed very good at creating memorable experiences for our guests.

We hope you can visit us again here in Casablanca soon!

All the best,

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Bad food
Old rooms
Poor cleaning
Not the Sheraton you would expect :-(
Friendly staff however.
Really disappointed on this stay.
The staff is attending you very correctly but the hotel really needs to be renovated.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
houda k, on behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Stephan_Sumont,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please rest assured that we take your comment regarding room condition very seriously.
We are very focused on ensuring our rooms are well maintained and will work proactively to continue improving in this area.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you again at the Sheraton Casablanca.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

I was in Casablanca on a business trip, I stayed in the hotel and it was a convenient , I liked the open buffet it was really nice and food were delicious, there is a small souvenir shop where you can by something for friends

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

One of the worst hotel experience in my traveling life! Service is so poor! I didn't expect such service from a Starwood property since I used to be an employee for them! Checked in to the hotel passed 3pm and room wasn't ready. When room was ready, was put into two beds when I booked 1 queen. They then moved me into a queen bed room and I was satisfied because it was a nicer room. Not 5 minutes passes by and front desk calls and tells me that I have to move my room again because they put me in a wrong room! I was furious! On my 2nd night of stay hotel left a note saying there won't be any water from midnight to morning. Wake up in the morning and still no water at 11am! Call front desk and they were shocked that I didn't have water. Calls me back a minute later saying I have to move my room because there isn't any water in my line of the room. Hotel didn't accommodate for anything. No services offered. Only thing I got was a "we are sorry". The inconvenience they have caused me from the beginning until the end was absurd! And when I complained, the hotel manager even got upset at me for complaining. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and if anyone is planning to visit Casablanca, avoid this hotel at any cost!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank rahrich