“Good business hotel”

Movenpick Hotel Casablanca
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a good hotel for a business stay in Casablanca, friendly reception, good rooms, free wifi, japanese and morrocan restaurants.The room is modern, comfortable and the bed is great.
Has gym and pool. I can recomend it

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside ending for example with 06 are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaco1969

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was our first and most expensive hotel stay during an 8 day backpacking tour of Morocco. We had heard that Casablanca is not very tourist-friendly, which we found to be the case, so we wanted to make our first night very comfortable to sleep off a red-eye flight and rest up for our travels. I forgot a toothbrush and a comb, which the hotel provided in the room. The pool is gorgeous, but we didn't have time to use it. We were on the 9th floor and could still hear constant honking on the streets below, which is just a reality of Morocco's bigger cities.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spartag00se
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Good location 15 mins on foot from tourist attractions, easy to find unlike the medina hotels. Pool on top has great views - a pity there's no bar/restaraunt there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The real name after the renovations is the Husa Plaza Hotel. Very good renovations, if I believe the negative critics of a few years back. The room was spacious, the bed excellent, and the bathroom fine. All very clean. Windows do not open - at least not at the 11th floor.
The breakfast was very fine, despite you could feel there a certain tensed atmosphere as in business hotels in Europe.
The swimming pool at the top is nice, and the spa looks charming as well. I visited it but had no time for using the services. I understood that a gommage/scrubing hammam wold be around 20 euros and a 45' massage 25 euros... pity I could not make time this time.
The staff is very helpful. It is more to the management level that I would advise to split between the reception staff and the switchbord. The guys at the reception should not be both face-face serving guests and answering the switchboard. Not in a 5-star establishment for sure.
Also, I tried to reach the hotel on a Sunday to confirm my booking for the day after, Monday. They were running crazy at the reception and barely could take the time to help me on the phone, despite their efforts. Eventually, when they terminated their work with a big group visiting them, they did not have access to the reservation data! Obviously, something is to be done at this level.
Also, as it is common, the cashier tasks should not be implemented by the reception, itself manned by two people only. It's too chaotic.
Except this advice to the management level (that is split tasks from the reception), it has been a very pleasant stay there. In relation to my critics, I would not know to rate it as a low 5* or a high 4*... somewhere in the middle probably.
Go for it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We got a last minute deal for $100 usd. Great location. (20 dh from port/medina in petite taxi). Very large room with an enormous bathroom. Good amenities with beautiful rooftop spa & pool, many bars and restaurants and friendly concierge to help with taxis and directions.

The hotel has obviously been renovated since the old reviews and I sat poolside for a few hours.

The service was excellent. They allowed a late (1pm) checkout for me and allowed me to shower in the spa area (not ideal but better than nothing and greatly appreciated).

Would definitely stay here when passing through Casablanca for this price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I live very close to the Husa so I wanted to test it out for a business meeting since they are re-opening (the hotel has been refurbished and entered the Husa chain).

All I can say is that they exceeded my expectations, and the remark that I got from the people joining us was that the service was extra-ordinaire.

II will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank piernicola
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This hotel was quite expensive. We booked it only because of a good experience with a Husa in Andorra. The drive from the airport was a nightmare. When we arrived we found our room to be very nice. But there was no restaurant so we walked around for 30 minutes to find a place to eat dinner. There was nothing even close, but we were choked with car exhaust fumes and driven almost out of our minds by the noise. Finally we went back to the hotel and the staff recommended a very nice restaurant ten minutes away by taxi. Next day we hoped to see some of the sites of Casablanca but we soon discovered there were really none. The only redeeming feature of Casablanca to us was a visit to Rick's Cafe, a recreation of the one in the movie Casablanca. Other parts of Morocco were wonderful particularly Marrakech and we will return there but they can keep Casablanca, its awful airport and the terrible traffic. They can also keep the Husa. We learned that it was formerly the Holiday Inn. Maybe they were not ready for guests. So why charge us for a 5 star hotel when it was a moderate 3 star with no restaurant?

To be fair, the staff were excellent. they really wanted to help but it seems the management is not up to the quality of the staff.

I should also say that they did have a buffet breakfast which was excellent. However, at $22 it was way over the limit pricewise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family