TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,262 results
All reviews luxury room hassan ii guest relations concierge desk welcome drink beautiful hotel special thanks an upgrade train station business trip mint tea mini bar spa amal maha morocco hind
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived for 2 night stay at Sofitel to begin our 2 week tour of Morocco. I had recently sprained an ankle and Mustapha at the front concierge desk was exceptionally helpful in getting me ice each night to treat my injury. We also experienced terrific service from the front desk when we had a miscommunication with the tour director. All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly which was a great introduction to everyone we have met in Morocco - a wonderful country.

Date of stay: September 2019
Jérôme L, Directeur général at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mrs SUSAN,
First of all I would like to thank you so much for sharing such a nice review with all the Trip Advisor community. Thank you as well for choosing the Sofitel Tour Blanche for your stay in Casablanca.
We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you enjoyed all its facilities including our staff's service.I will make sure that all our team read this beautiful comment.
All of us here at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche take great pride in providing such personalized service and memorable experience for our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you for another “magnifique” and relaxing visit in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great place in Casablanca. Great service with Mustapha and Anas leading the pack! Enjoyed the upgrade and the party on the rooftop! Easy location with eveything taken care of from where to go to how to get there! Loved walking the Medina! Thank you guys!

Dear Mr DOUG,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stylish design and friendly staff. However, I had a few disappointing incidents: 1) After checking in, a reception desk staff said my luggage would be sent to my room, which didn’t happen. 20 minutes later I went down to the lobby to collect it from where it was 20 minutes ago. 2) Dirty bed linens as shown in the photo. 3) As the window wall outside of the building was extremely dusty, dust was all I could see from the window. The Best Western across the street seemed to have much cleaner windows. 4) Breakfast was paid and the reception staff has offered to give us breakfast take-away for our early morning departure. But in the morning, not only did that not happen, I was told that breakfast was not paid and there was no record whatsoever regarding breakfast take-away.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Sofitel Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

I had the best fish plate ever.
Fish Taken with balanced spices.
The service was super in the restaurant with good recommendations and good hospitality.Saad and Chaimaa were helpful and pleasant. I wish them the best of luck.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you enjoyed all its facilities including our staff's service, and the restaurant .I will make sure that all our team read this beautiful comment.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Pros
- clean and tidy room, very nice bathroom and shower
- two sinks
- very modern
- friendly and welcoming staff
- actual proper, decent hair dryer
- nice gym by hotel standards, pool area also nice but fairly small for guest capacity, only 8 loungers and pool would be "busy" with more than a few people actually swimming however the one time we used it were were the only ones so dont know how much of a problem this is
- desk (but not a suitable chair, just stool)
- location good in some ways. Tram stop near the hotel with links with casa voyageur and hotel is a few minutes from casa port. 30 minute walk from Hassan mosque.

Cons
- language barrier with some staff but English is not particularly common in Casablanca anyway with many resturants (even pizza hut) not even having an English menu, so the staffs english, by comparison of the surrounding area you are in is good.
- not many "reputable" places nearby to eat although if you're here on business and have expense paid the hotel restaurant has good reviews.
- you don't even get complimentary tea and coffee in the room which I think is pretty cheeky for a high end 5 star hotel. There is a coffee machine that does espressos and mugs are provided but there is no kettle so how am I supposed to make a cup of tea? There is also no milk just a little tony pot of "coffee creamer" which would get you one drink, with little cream. Using a tea bag, which has been free in every hotel I've ever stayed in will cost you around 2 euros here. A small bottle of water out the mini bar will cost you around 4 euros (local price 50cents if that).
- cant use the fridge to store own items such as water, there is a note in the room which says personal items put in the fridge will be removed, why? And also says "retail items consumed are considered "purchased items" which seems confusing to me and almost seems to suggest that if you leave your own food or drink in the room you will be charged? Not sure though, might be lost in translation.
-absolutely extorniate prices on the roof bar, to be expected I guess but even by western standards it's completely ridiculous. I got one bottle of beer and one coke which took about ten minutes to arrive and cost 140h! We have had lunch for less in morocco and good lunches at that. For reference this is around £13. Total ripoff.

With regards to tourism, this place is a business hotel so we felt a bit out of place down at breakfast it's our shirts and shorts when everyone else is suited and booted and as such there isnt tonne in the local area however I don't think there is tonne in casablanca anyway as it isnt really a tourist spot. Would stay here again but I think they need to start putting complementary tea and coffee in the room. Another complaint which needs to be addressed is the cleaners dont give you any notice to open the door, they knock and then come in straight away. One morning they came in pretty early while I was busy with my partner...there is a do not disturb light you can turn on I would recommend just turning this on at night and back off once you've left the room, it was still fairly early so I wasnt expecting the cleaner to come in when I was...busy with my partner, this wouldn't be too much of a problem if they just waited for you to answer after knocking rather than just coming straight in

1  Thank luke96w
Jérôme L, Directeur général at Sofitel Casablanca Tour Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you enjoyed all its facilities including our staff's service, and the quality of your room .I will make sure that all our team read this beautiful comment.