“Great hotel in Casablanca”

Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca
Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Casablanca
Brisbane, Australia
“Great hotel in Casablanca”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel was very nice and my room was also very authentic with the four poster bed and canopy. Tiles in the entrance and on each floor were beautiful.
The hotel was very close to Muhammed once you got accustomed to the area.
Great value for money and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was quite good but unsure about any other rooms. Coffee was hot and excellent from the girl...
3 Thank Josie W
MMHotels2013, General Manager at Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,
On Behalf Moroccan House Hotel team, we are really grateful for your amazing comments : our objective is to make the customer feel like a real guest in a real Morccan House .
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2013

First time in Morocco, booked over web after reading Trip Advisor reviews - a good choice. Close to city centre and medina. Noisy street - traffic sounded like an out-of-control orchestra but great soundproof door to balcony dealt with that. Friendly staff - nicest doorman I've met in years. Excellent breakfast - pastries, toast or they'll cook you something. My first experience of Moroccan décor - so rich and colourful.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you (and you don't have natural wax earplugs, which are the best kind) then ask...
1 Thank Prue S
Ann Arbor
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place was a great introduction to Morocco - very welcoming, beautifully tiled, comfortable and quite un-Western. Staff were friendly, road noise was loud and the breakfast buffet was delightfully odd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank A2_Foodie
Moroccan House H, General Manager at Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
El Jadida, Morocco
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Upon arrival, we were told that they had no record of our booking from hotels.com. I had to get my laptop out and prove to the guy in reception that we had booked and had a confirmation. Well, that wasn't enough. Really annoyingly, he said that the only way we could get the rooms was that I had to forward the emails to some address where they could be inspected and then he'd tell us if we could stay. If I hadn't already paid via the booking site, I'd've walked out there and then. It took me ages to pick out the address from the impossibly tiny writing on the business card he'd given me. He wouldn't input it himself. I got the address wrong and got an error from the email addresses. But in the meantime, the guy had got onto someone on the phone and said that we could stay. Well, thank you very much. Not.

Why not just make the phone call right from the beginning?

Let me add that the doorman was friendly and helpful, as was the chambermaid and that the room was spotless.

OK, up to the room and it was fine, but with the very obvious lack, as it's in Moroccan style, of a desk or table you can sit at. It depends what you want, of course, but I like to remain connected as I live in Morocco so it's not really a "holiday" for me and I hate using a laptop on a bed. The room was big enough for the two of us, but I wouldn't've wanted to stay there for more than a couple of nights. The WiFi signal disappeared completely for an hour or two but, while weak, was usable for the rest of the time.

I'm afraid I don't rate the much-vaunted breakfast. Some of the cakes were stale, the omelette was made with one egg (yes really), the orange "juice" was watered-down "nectar de fruits", there were only the nob ends of baguette left when I sat down to eat (and they weren't replenished) and there actually wasn't that much that was interesting, although it looked like a huge display.

Yes, I know, this is a 3 star hotel and it only cost 40 quid for the two of us for the night. But that's why I'm giving it three stars instead of one.

Room Tip: Balcony in the front rooms overlooking the street if you want one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 549JohnW
perth
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Well, our first stay in Morocco. A great introduction with fabulous morrocan tile work , carpets and materials. Very friendly Moroccan staff who spoke very well English. We were exhausted and travelled from Australia . Suitcases were whizzed upstairs and we we got upgraded to a suite on 4 floor. Nice and quiet ( we asked) in the hub of Casablanca. Yes there is an elevator.
Breakfast buffet had all different surprises we were not used to. From soup to eggs, made in front of you and lots of different pastries. A hotel which was also used by a lot of small groups.
Yes, I would certainly recommend this hotel as a start, in a total different culture...its in a good location.

Room Tip: As you are in the centre of Casablanca ask for higher floor rooms.. Less noise and better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KLMabb
Dear Valued Guest ,
On Behalf Moroccan House Hotel team, we are really grateful for your amazing comments : our objective is to make the customer feel like a real guest in a real Moroccan House .
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ok, so the doormen were nice and helpful and looked after our car for a few dirhams. And the wifi worked and was free. But...

The breakfast was awful. Bad food served by disinterested girls who had no interest in ensuring that plates were ready, water/food was hot etc.

Air con had to be controlled by the guy from reception with no remote control in each room - so having inadvertently set it too cold we had no ability to make it warmer without asking the guy to come up in the middle of the night, which would have been wholly inconvenient.

The guy on reception was a bit of a jerk, it was as if he'd never checked a guest into his hotel before, despite acting as though he owned the place. Kept us waiting ages for no reason.

The bath took ages to fill and was the most uncomfortable shape you could imagine.

This was a hotel in a developing country that cost £80 for a room - I would expect luxury and excellent service and food for that price in this country.

• Stayed May 2013

Travelers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first experience with a Moroccan was in the plane when I chatted with a lady and as we neared the end of the flight she offered to get her son to take me to Moroccan House Hotel. The hotel is situated in the same area as the five stars but without the price. EZ registration and a good lift to get you to yr floor. Riad type hotel with rooms off the central atrium. The rooms decorated like Arabian nights, clean, good bathroom, safe and a balcony. Moroccans must like firm beds as in the 3 weeks in the country staying at many 2 to 4 star hotels I never found a bed you sank into. Breakfast, included in the tarrif, was excellent and a wide variety of hot and cold to choose from.

Room Tip: All effort made to keep outside noise out of your room.