“Great value stay”

Hotel Amouday
Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Casablanca
“Great value stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

For the price, you'd be very happy with this hotel. The movie channel and CNN kept me occupied when I felt like staying in at night and the free WiFi was a much appreciated bonus.

The sheets, shower, toilet, and general cleanliness wasc top notch. The service was average but I certainly had no complaints.

The only problem was that few of the petit taxis seems to know where this hotel is, even after I gave them the hotel card. Maybe its worthwhile getting the hotel staff tu write it in Arabic.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank clem81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Excellent hotel in the middle of Casablanca, within walking distance of the Medina
and the shopping area's.
Try not to give up and try to get into this hotel!! The rooms are all the same price but they have small and big rooms, the rooms at the back are less noisy!

Room Tip: Try to get a bigger room, some rooms are smaller!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I only stayed one night at the beginning of my trip. The desk clerk was nice, the room was clean and sufficient for my needs--no frills, but a clean bed and bathroom. I was directed to a small convenience store across the street where I could purchase bottled water even at 10pm. Breakfast was fantastic and there were two free internet terminals in the lobby. I had absolutely no complaints. My room (206 I think) had a small balcony. I could walk to the medina. I took a cab from the airport which cost 300 dirham. For the price, I thought it was a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sherrycr
Denton
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Friend and I are senior ladies. We stayed here for one night at the start of our trip and liked it so well that we stayed here again at the end. We had room 204 at the start and 206 at the end. They were both about the same but 206 did seem a little nicer and bigger.

The hotel has free wi-fi in the rooms and a couple of computers to use in the lobby. We had CNN and other Eng. channels on the wall-mounted, flat-screen tv. The bathroom had a tub/shower combo w/curtain, toilet, bidet, and sink with hot water.

The hotel does not have beer but there is a woman-friendly bar next door (turn left out of hotel). Not only is the bar nice but they serve free (heavy) snacks with drinks and they also have wi-fi.

The location is excellent, there is a bank with ATM a half a block away (past the bar, same side of street). The hotel is on a side street that T's into a couple of busy streets loaded with cafes, restaurants, shopping, etc. Very easy to get a taxi, even at 4:00 a.m.

The desk personnel speaks English and was happy to make a dinner reservation at Rick's for us and to write shopping instructions in Arabic for us.

We found nothing to complain about here . . . the hotel is clean, safe, inexpensive, pretty . . . and is only 5 min and a 10 ($1.24) taxi ride from Casa Voyageurs.

Sandy (in Denton)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Hotel centrally located
Taxi from station vary from 8 - 50 DM -- Haggle (can walk from Casa port )
Room a little noisy but otherwise clean and comfortable - refurbished recently with a good paint job and new furnishings
Free wifi was not always available
Staff friendly and helpful - would recommend --- good value for money
Breakfast was reasonable value - but boring - zero choice

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Not knowing what to expect, after a ten minute petit taxi ride over from the train station, I was incredibly relieved when we walked in the lobby. After all, this trip I was traveling with my husband and my mother, so I felt a greater responsibility with the accommodations being comfortable for everyone.

The two gentleman working the front desk both spoke excellent English to assist us with our requests and questions.

The rooms were comfortable. We really didn't hear any noise from outside. Instead we were woken up at 2am of our neighbors returning from their night out, that congregated near the elevator. Thankfully, it didn't last too long before they went into their rooms, after which we never heard them again. But if karma was kind, they might have had difficulty falling asleep with my mother's snoring.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby. With the universal language of pointing to the item, at a small cafe, we were able to get something to eat to hold us over for the big dinner plans.
There was also a bakery a few doors down where my mom got us coffee and delicious pastries the following morning.

Take the petite red taxis vs. the white mercedes ones for a more economical rate. It is only a short walking distance to shops, and salons de te ( EXCELLENT for people watching!) Casablanca gets a bad wrap, but we found it to be a good introduction to Morocco after a long journey to get there.

We would stay here in the future, most definitely!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed at hotel Amoud for 3 nights before we travelled by train to Fes.There are a couple of restaurants near by and shops ,and the train station is about 15 mins away with the busy traffic.The hotel has good clean modern rooms with a good shower and tv.The staff were helpful and there is internet access in the lobby .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple