“fresh sea food and plenty to choose from”
Review of Ostrea

Ostrea
Ranked #35 of 871 Restaurants in Casablanca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2014

the food was amazing, a variety of fresh sea food dishes and a nice list of drinks as well. the food was excellent and the atmosphere is very authentic. Its in the port area, not on the water but you really feel you in the port. For sure worth going to, the swordfish steak was amazing and so were the fried calamari. Lots of people around us were having oysters, so I assume (and from the name as well) that they are a specialty there. The place was mixed with foreigners and locals.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

.....But we had red about the famous oysters of Oualidia. We had planned to go down the coast from Casablanca to Oualidia, but had to change plans. I was glad to ready in Lonely Planet of this restaurant that offered them in Casablanca.

I must say that the oysters were top quality, but at 210 dirham, I thought them to be a bit pricey. My wife had a fish in orange sauce and endive, which was nicely done but on the sweet side. I had the mussels and must say, I was very sad to see the size. They were tweeny and overcooked.

Ok, maybe I expected too much.

Suggestions, ask if the prices are the same on the ground level. We were directed to go upstairs which in hind sight seemed fancier. Second, scout the prices on the other restaurants across the street. Look at the reviews on TA.

Whatever you do, stay away from the 'moules'.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I fancied eating fish near the port, I had read some mixed reviews about the Restsurant du Port de Peche and Ostrea was mentioned in our guide book, so we gave it a try. It is actually opposite the Restaurant du Port de Peche. It was early evening and there were perhaps four tables taken. Everyone seemed to be eating mussels. My daughter ordered moules marinieres and we all enjoyed them. I had the most fantastic scallops and hubby had turbot. These two mains were not cheap, maybe 190 Dh or more, but they were both fresh, well cooked and delicious, so we were happy. We had a good meal and I would return there.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Me and a friend decided to come here on a Sunday night when a lot of the restaurants in Casablanca are closed. we had a fantastic meal of oysters and a fish carpaccio that were outstanding! our main entrées of sea scallops and mashed potatoes were truly delicious. we shared a dessert of profiteroles which was a fantastic end to a great meal and also had a fantastic medallion rose wine. I completely disagree with the other reviews here I thought this meal was excellent and one of my best in Casablanca.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ended up in this restaurant because du Port de Peche (across the street) was closed and we had to get out of the stink of the port. Perhaps not the best location to enjoy any type of food. Though it's nice to know one's seafood is coming in fresh off the ships within view, the smell that comes with the view is overpowering (thankfully, not detected at all in the restaurant). The restaurant was mostly empty, but it was early in the evening. The decor looked like it hadn't been changed in a few decades (though the place hasn't been open more than two) and the music was a terrible mix of pop and mid-1990s adult contemporary. Of course, such considerations pale in comparison to what the food was like. We ordered the paella Valenciana and it was just ok. Not bad, but nothing really great about it. We did have a lovely Moroccan wine with dinner and our appetizer of fried calamari was above average. However, several other patrons in the restaurant smoked throughout the meal and the rather small and unventilated dining room didn't allow one to get away from the smell and the smoke (it is the case that most restaurants in Morocco still allow indoor smoking, so this is, to a degree, to be expected). As with Casablanca as a whole, this place was a disappointment and we wish we'd waited for our original destination to open up.