“A pleasant surprise in Casablanca.”
Review of Taverne du Dauphin

Taverne du Dauphin
Ranked #24 of 872 Restaurants in Casablanca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Casablanca is definitely not my favourite city and, were it not for the international airport, I would avoid it altogether. However recently my husband and i stumbled on this French style fish restaurant and were pleased with the experience.
At first we feared it was one of those slightly scary men-only bars, but there is a nice dining room upstairs with good service and cheap, tasty fish. I think it would be wise to stick to the more straightforward dishes - our baby calamari and salad were delicious. Wine is available and reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The food we ordered was decent and fairly priced, but could maybe have been a bit cheaper (by Moroccan standards). The oysters were excellent but I wasn't terribly impressed with the fish tagine. My companion got a riz au crevettes (shrimp and rice) and it was also just okay. Our service was a bit slow but the restaurant got busier (all tables on the patio area were taken) as it got a little later in the evening, so our server was understandably busy. Our server also took his tip out of our total payment without us telling him to. The menu is all in French, so if you only speak English, good luck!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is simply but pleasantly decorated, and offers genuinely fresh seafood, with a large variety of fish, oysters, crayfish prawns and more. My crayfish was brought live for my inspection before cooking! Oysters were superb.
Our friendly waiter spoke quite a bit of English, which helped us, with our limited French.
Prices are probably a little high for many places in Morocco, but for fresh seafood, still a bargain compared with Sydney.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

A simple setting for authentic fresh fish cooked in a straightforward way. The fixed price menu is particularly good value.
The service was efficient and friendly.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I live in Casa at the moment and I have to say that although this restaurant ranks high in most guides, it is not just a tourist hotspot. Fresh fish every day and good wine for a reasonable price. The setting is not quite or romantic, but fully functional. I highly recommend it! Easy to get to and away from.