“It's gone downhill”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went up to Casa just before Ramadan but have been too busy to write reviews till now.

I hadn't been to this place for ages so decided to give it a go - it used to be really good. Well, I wouldn't give it the high marks I'd've given it a few years ago. Most of the special dishes I remembered are no longer on the menu. They used to do a fantastic Parma ham salad with capers - no more. It all seems to be lowest common denominator now, just easy stuff. It's no different from any other place masquerading as an Italian restaurant now.

The service is still good though, very attentive and rapid, despite there having been a lot of covers on the night I was there.

It's too expensive for what it now is, although I guess it's still in a classy area so they have to recoup the rent somehow.

A disappointment.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

i heard about this place and i decided to visit with my wife.
Resraurant was empty on weekend.
Service was fast since we were the only ones there
Food not italian at all. Pasta was not good it tastes more a sauce with moroccan touch
Salade was good
Ordere profiterol desert and they were kind of froozen
We felt like the food was not fresh at all
Did not meet the manager or the owner to tell you how is since all reviews before are talking about him

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Excellent every time. !! We ve been there many times.
Nice decor. Good service and attention to detail.
Staff was courteous and attentive.
Food comes out fast and Prices not so extravagant.!!
Try the Eggplant pasta. Our favorite.!!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

perfect service .... very nice people ..... always full up !!!!!! and the best osso buco ever ...... by far .......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Good Ambience, friendly staff and good choices and quick service.