“Best Holiday Ever!!!”

Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Eltham, London
“Best Holiday Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I got back from Hotel Caribbean Village Agador last night....I have to say it was the best holiday I have had so far....The Hotel is basic, with beautiful surroundings...plenty of activities...Golf, mini golf, tennis, Children's club, five great restaurants, a main dining room, with the best food I have ever had and plenty to chose from, several pools, including a heated one, gym, spa and of course beauty and massage (didn't try any of these), close to beach (which is gorgeous) and within easy access to the rest of Agadir..The Animation Team are great, professional and if you join in and get to know them, a great laugh.. They will teach you to dance, from Salsa, Merenge to just about any dance there is..they will have you busy all day, with step, aerobics, aqua aerobics, dance, ping pong, bowls (not as you would imagine), fashion show, sun dance of Agadir at 12 and 3 everyday, salsa dance early evening, children's dance, club mix (holiday) dance..then a big show in the hotels Theatre, followed by club dance, then if you are up to it a night club next door to the hotel...if you want fun, great food and drink, entertainment and a perfect holiday, would highly recommend...be warned it can get very cold in the late afternoon and evening in March...we have been told that April - May would suit us best, as the summers can be very hot, too hot for us.. The other months are warm during day with cold nights, although all the people who were due to leave when we arrived had great tans and said the weather had been very hot..we arrived on 4th March...now want to go back again

Room Tip: If you want fun join in...we were by the main pool which is very lively until midnight..with dancing...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was so worried about going to this hotel after some of the reviews but what a waste of my time worrying- it was brilliant!
Rooms: Yes they were basic with no air con but it gets cold at night so wouldn't have used it anyway. our room looked over the pool so it was noisy until midnight but we decided if you can't beat them Join them!
Bars: we mostly used the Pool bar- the guys here are great and i discovered a new drink ' red wine and fanta orange' sounds awful but it tastes just like sangria! Give it a go!
Food: I have ulcerative colitis so getting a dodgy tummy is always a concern before i go then i seem to always forget all that and eat what i want! The food here was lovely, i got addicted to the Harissa paste and even had it with my breakfast. absolutely no tummy problems to report and i was eating salad every day. yes the dining rooms got crowded but we always went a little bit later and it was fine.
Entertainment: Honestly the best entertainment i've ever had at a hotel, the guys work so hard. i never normally get involved with activities on holiday but loved the dancing, mini golf and shows.

overall, you would be mad to worry about going here, i really had such a good time!
as 2 single blonde ladies, we did get some (unwelcome at times) attention from men, including staff at the hotel but they were harmless and after a bit it was good for the ego!
definitely try to get to the souk and the marina whilst you are here, its a nice (but long) walk out.

Room Tip: Not one by the pool if you like an early night!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Janine8186
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, staff were very helpful and polite even with only a little basic English. Travelled with Thomson, the rep is very good, with a good welcome meeting and great trips offered throughout the stay. Wouldn't be great for disabled people, could be hard work I imagine as there are lots of steps etc. Food offered in the main restaurant is basic, but plentiful. Other restaurants on site need pre bookings. Very happy so far.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Laura M
bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here in february for 2 weeks, on arrival you walk down a side road to get to front of the hotel this was not a problem. The reception is a bit dark and although friendly check in staff they were slow to do check ins and as several people arrived at same time extra staff to help with check in would be good. Our room was clean and tidy although my partner and I didnt have the best room view we were happy with it, it was cleaned everyday and towels if left to be changed they were and the cleaning lady was happy to give extra tollet paper when we needed it.
The animation team were fantastic and worked really hard my partner entered a couple of the competitions in the evenings, and we enjoyed the shows they put on, they will ask you to join in activities but leave you to carry on if you are not interested.
The food was a bit hit and miss , salads are a plenty always fresh chips and pasta dishes and tagines of fish, chicken and beef, at breakfast the omlettes and eggs were cooked fresh , more variety of bread would be good, we were lucky and had a lovely waiter who laid our table for us every evening and our drinks were waiting for us. The only problem is if at mealtimes you are not in restaurant at the right times it is a struggle to find a table and also the tables are not cleared quick enogh and sometimes you had to wait around for plates, cups and cutlery .
if you go out the back of hotel you will meet rashid he does trips cheaper than your rep and you also get a good service we went to taradut and marakesh with his company and no complaints.
overall me and my family had a great time yes it needs attention in some areas but that didnt spoil our holiday and yes I would stay here again, lovely gardens, friendly staff, very clean and you dont have to tip to get service at bars, restaurant or to get a sun bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank marketmark
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We would like to write a review as we have read some of the comments on here and feel that a lot of people are moaning for the sake of moaning. First choice offer this hotel as a 3* hotel and that is what it is... If you want RIU standards then you will have to pay RIU prices.

We stayed at the hotel for 7nights in Jan 14.

On arrival, we were dropped off on the main road as the hotel is set back and the coach is unable to drive down the road. This was not a problem nor a dirty road. Once in the hotel yes the reception area is a little dull but when you look out the large windows and see the sun and gardens you don't mind this so much. The reception staff were all very helpful and made us feel very welcome. The porter took us to our room and we tipped him £2.

We were more than happy with our room. On the first night we forgot to get a bottle of water in the allocated time slots, however, the security guard on duty that evening went out of his way to get us a bottle.

Food: as this hotel is all inclusive, you expect the same as any other all inc that you go to - repetition. The food was hot, there was plenty of choice and the chefs were all really friendly and again made us feel very welcome.

Bars: the pool bar staff were all really lovely and we had lots of laughs with them. We never had a problem getting a drink. I came down really ill with a sore throat and one of the bar men made me this hot lemon drink and the next day I felt fine. We didn't really drink in the reception bar so cannot comment on the service. We also never tipped at the bars and the service was never any different for us.

Pool man: the lovely guy who looks after the sun loungers/pool was amazing, we used to put our towels on a bed before we had our breakfast - while we were eating he would lay out our towels nice and get us a ashtray. Again, we never tipped him and never received any other service.

Beach: the beach is beautiful and we would thoroughly recommend a trip down there. It's just a 5 min walk out the back of the hotel.

Entertainment: the animation team are a credit to the hotel.. They work so hard with just one day off out of 7. They are not pushy, if you don't wish to get involved they will not try and force you. We particularly loved the evenings,dancing the nights away to merengue, salsa and the hotel club songs.

If you wanted to carry the night on there is a nightclub just outside the entrance to the hotel. It's great and is just like a small club that we would go to in the UK, be careful it is extremely expensive - so make sure you drink plenty before the all inc runs out.

All in all, we had a fantastic holiday. Thanks to everyone... The bars staff and the entertainments team especially. We booked our second trip 3 days after arriving home and will be back out again at the end of March 14.

If you do decide to book this hotel, we hope you have a great time like we did :)

• Stayed January 2014
8 Thank AmazingAgadir
Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Just come back from Caribbean Village. We had a lovely time and didnt want to come home. Hotel was a little tired but could not fault it, just needs a lick of paint. We are booking to go back in May. It is in a very good location. Food was always hot and plenty to pick from. Pasta and chips a plenty for the kiddies! They also have a snack bar area with lovely burgers sandwiches and salads. I would recommend staying. Good value for money.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank henry3015
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I returned from here yesterday after staying a week. I somehow wish that I hadn't booked the holiday. Though most staff seemed friendly enough (especially to the kids and young women). My first room I was in was awful (right next to the amiphtheatre), no air conditioning and hearing the disco till midnight. Ant-infested rooms and dirty towels. When I was changed rooms the next day after giving a list of complaints, whilst it was better, I still had more ants than I care for (I've been well bitten by them as well!!), getting the bedding changed didn't happen. And as for the food, it was mainly luke-warm and poor choice. I ended up eating out a few times, not good given it's all inclusive. Even the themed restaurants were not that much to write home about (I'd rather a half board plus with better standards of food rather than all inclusive). As for the two indoor bars, the non-smoking one was closed so everyone had to use the smoking one. To be honest, I don't want to think about this holiday again and don't get me started on the poor service from the First Choice rep, the towels on sunbeds stuff, etc. Thankfully I was only there for one week..... one week to long.

Room Tip: A room not at this hotel if you want a relaxing holiday
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alzie2014

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels