“You get what you pay for!”

Caribbean Village Agador
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Surrey
“You get what you pay for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went here from the 13th to the 20th June with my friend. Arrived late at night to find no towels or toilet roll in our room. We went to reception and got toilet roll but the reception man was a little rude and said we would not get the towels till morning. My friend challenged him to which he said it was not his problem! We were a little worried but decided to give it till the next day before we judged. After 4 calls to reception the next morning we finally got the towels! Room was basic but comfortable and the TV has BBC1,2,and ITV! We were amazed there was no air conditioning and could not remember reading this on any of the reviews on here. However, it didn't really bother us and the rooms were not too hot although I don't know if this would change in the height of summer.

The weather, the first four days was very overcast although still warm but this of course is not in the hotels control!

The food, we found was ok. Omelette chef in the mornings who also did fried eggs and boiled eggs. There was also a pancake chef. the bread was very limited and consisted of only french bread but again, it was fine. We didn't tend to have lunch in the restaurant. We had a couple of lunchtime snacks and although limited, was edible. We found dinner fine. Always something to eat. We went to the Moroccan theme restaurant and the Chinese. Moroccan was best as Chinese was a bit plain and not a lot of it.

Pool areas were nice if a bit dated. Plenty of sun beds, parasols. The beach is nice and the walk down to the Marina along the promenade is very pleasant.

We were led to believe that you could only get wine in the restaurant but this isn't the case. All of the bars did wine. The bars are quiet limited in the alcoholic drinks but being a dry country, I would expect this really. We certainly found enough to drink to get tipsy on more than one occasion!

The staff were generally pleasant. Can't say anything about the entertainment as we didn't take part or watch any of the shows but that was our choice. We sat in the main lounge bar in the evenings and were treated very well by the bar staff there. My glasses of wine were half pints!

Chocolate the camel was the most well cared for, lovely looking camel I have ever seen. Clearly well used to being stroked by people.

All in all, I would say, you get what you pay for. You have to go to anywhere with an open mind as nowhere is like the UK! Morocco is a very poor country and that is obvious when you go outside the hotel. You can't expect to get 5 star luxury for £350 a week especially when all inclusive. To expect anything different is naive.

So if you want a relaxing holiday somewhere hot where you can have something to eat and a drink and where you just want to be comfortable, then do go here. If you want to be treated like royalty and fine dine, pay triple or more and go to Dubai!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and there were a lot of stairs and no lifts. If your mobility is not great...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Sharon B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Polish first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just got back from a weeks break away. This hotel is more of a family resort not really for couples. We managed find a quiet pool in to corner.

We found the staff only work for the people who tip. (So if you want good service take plenty of money), I found the barman rude and only serving you once they had finished their fag or chat. If you want a full cup make sure you ask for one.

Food was ok becomes very repetitive.

The room was nice but missing the basics, no A/C no kettle and TV remote. All are available at a charge. The beds and pillows are VERY hard.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dubsportuk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have just come back from 11 nights here with my partner and can honestly say we had a lovely holiday.
We, like many others, had a late flight there and passport control is a little hectic and slow, but this is because of the visa process but once your through, the transfer runs like clockwork and very quick. (Beware do not sit at front of coach if bad driving scares you!)
Once checked in was given room 2006 which was unbearably loud as next to disco area however we moved rooms next day with no fuss and ended up with a partial sea-view with balcony near quiet pool.
Food is basic, however I'm very fussy an yet still found plenty of things to try for each meal time. Made use of the a la carte, pizzeria worth going to, steak house nice but Moroccan was our favourite! Gorgeous food!

Pool areas a bit dated but we chose to stay near the quiet pool towards the top of the hotel where there was always free sunbeds to lay on.
Bar staff a little slow but we found them to be very friendly even without a tip (which we gave on our last night), but alcohol measures were very strong!

Waiters in buffet restaurant all friendly, our favourite was Skila who greeted us every day and had fresh bread waiting for us and our drinks, very lovely man and a little tip goes a long way here as their wages are poor.

Our experience to the souk was a little scary, do not walk there!!!! Locals try to offer to take you to the souk, when in fact they are trying to force you Into their shops and are very aggressive if you do not buy. Get a taxi instead and save yourself the hassle.
Overall, our holiday was great value for what we paid, definitely only a 3* but a GOOD 3*.
Would recommend to people looking for a nice beach/pool holiday with plenty to do.
Thanks for having us agadir!

P.s chocolate the camel is worth the 50 dirham ride! His owner is very friendly too

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank F_barnett
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

food bad. staff rude. Staff work for those who tip, and ignore those that don't.
poor poor poor.
I wouldn't mind tipping if service worth tipping for, but why tip someone who is rude to begin with?

Great holiday resort for those on a diet - food is terrible...! Had a burger for a snack today, and feel sure wasn't beef... meat was orange (no joke!) - maybe camel, or donkey???? tasted rank.

Local beer is OK though - if you can get served...!

Please do yourself a favour and book somewhere else...wish I had!!!

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Globetrotter7882

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here for the first two weeks in June, with my wife and two kids. As every one else has said, it's not a 5 star hotel and has to be judged as a 3, which it is. With this in mind, the food and rooms were of a sufficient standard. The animation team also worked very hard to get everyone involved and worked a lot of days/hours. However:
Restaurant team had no idea. This is a big hotel with hundreds of people coming through at meal times, yet you would walk in at the start of service and most of the tables wouldn't be set!? This meant that within an hour it was impossible to find a single table set ready, unless you went to one of the waiters who would give you one of the tables they had 'reserved', hoping for a tip. I never did.
The pools are all dirty. I was really I'll for about 8 days and I believe it was due to this. There are lots of seagulls around who would 'dive bomb' the pool as well as wash in it. There were lot's of bits and when the lights went on at night, it actually looked a bit cloudy. Yuk. I don't think this was the food, as although it was basic I never saw any food safety issues while I was there and felt
the kitchen staff took great pride in their job (without being tipped!)
Bar service is shocking. There is no system for queueing, the staff simply serve those they know, or those who have tipped them first and then will eventually get around to serving you. This could be a very long time at busy periods. Do not expect a smile or any sort of interaction unless you are a half decent looking woman! Variety of drinks is also poor, with them running out of Vodka on my last night there (this wasn't completely down to me). The bar staff in the main reception are really nice, I don't know why the difference but they are actually human.
£32 for the use of a moveable safe for two weeks. Some one is having a laugh at our expense.

This resort has lots of potential, but is very poorly managed. I didn't see anyone challenging cleaning or service standards while I was there which probably accounts for the comments I have made.

I certainly won't be returning and I wouldn't recommend anyone else to either, even at the price.

Room Tip: If you have a floor room you will hear those above you walking around, which can be a problem at nig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Werubean
Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

my friends three girls and I went 6th may for 1 week. there were three of us. one of our team made a late booking and was worried she would not be near our room bit she had no need to worry on check in we asked if she could have a room near us we were given interconnecting rooms with the door unlocked which made her feel more at ease. we were near the reception on the first floor. rooms were clean and the maid was very friendley and we felt very safe. we left our balcony doors open on a night. only problem with that was the noise from the nightclub but it didn't bother us, also around sunrise you could hear the prayers from the mosques. there were plenty of sunbeds around the pools we choose to be near the quieter pool if you need a parasol you just need to ask the pool man. we went to four of the themed resturants, the japenese wasn't too good but the steakhouse ,Asian and morrocan resturants were very nice. the food in the main buffet got to be a bit sameish but you could always find something to eat. we did have a walk to the beach but didn't spend time there the sand was too hot to walk on. we didn't leave the hotel until on the sunday to have alook round and went only then because it was cloudy, we took a taxi ( one of the white cabs) negotiated a price and got the driver to take us around Agadir. I wish we would have had a wonder out now as it looked ok. we found it to hot to walk around much so we stayed near the pools instead. we loved bartering with the stall holders yes you did get hasseled but if you said no in Arabic they left you alone. we did tip the waiters who would then look after us every time we went in. we also tipped the barmen, but we didn't find much else to spend our money on. we only changed our money when we needed to as most of the stall holders would take English money and give change in dirnhams. a deposit of 100 dirnhams is needed on your pool towels and you can only change them every other day but you do get your deposit back when you hand in your towels at the end of the holiday. we decided to get a taxi to the airport which only cost 200 dirnhams it was well worth it as we got through check in a lot quicker. not a lot in airport duty free or food and drinks in airport. we would definatley return to this hotel but with our husbands next time. my advice do not expect 5 star its classed 3 star and that's what you get

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank elainey977
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

we flew out on the 23rd may our group consisted of 7 adults and 6 kids aged 16 to 6 arrived in Agadir bang on time be prepared the customs in morocco have one speed slow it took over an hour to clear we arrived at hotel around 11.30am to be told rooms would be ready around 1 oclock just a case of leave your bags in lobby(safe to do) and have a look at hotel id travel in shorts next time rather warm walking round in jeans
got into my room(2706 ground floor) to find the safe wouldn't lock after reading on TA somebody had the same problem I reported it and it fixed within 30mins the strange thing is the safes aren't attached to the floor!! although heavy two people could easily pick it up a bit of a concern when the cleaner left the flimsy patio doors open after cleaning(I just put the do not disturb on them and they were always shut after that) the cleaner always kept my room spotless even after my best efferts not to
in fact 99% of the staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried apart from one barman
I think we were lucky that our first week was quiet so staff got to know us( I can understand comments about getting service at bars and restaurant as we found out in the 2nd week)yes we did tip(20dhs)for 13 drinks to brought to your table is a snip
the food in the restaurant is ok im not a fussy eater and had some weird mixes of food but ate everything
this hotel and id say is geared for kids(if id gone aged 18 30 id not liked it ) there are two tunes still going round my head (yes them two)
re tipping you don't have to but the work the staff put in its worth it
other people have covered different points on hotel no need to copy
on the whole everybody had I great time yes id go again but never again on that four legged monster that I had to ride on with my god daughter(aged 6 who loved it)yes the camel
great holiday great hotel

Room Tip: the nearer lobby the better but to right has you go in night club on left
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends