“Good Holiday for what you pay.”

Caribbean Village Agador
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went with a friend for a girly holiday. It was our first time to Morocco and I can honestly say every one is very friendly. If you are girls going without any lads though the locals can get a bit too friendly and it can be a bit intimidating but if you just laugh it off and try to be polite as you walk away from them you are generally OK. One criticism I would have is that on the hotel grounds there are a lot of stalls and on our first day we came in to them lined up all down the side of the pool so you physically couldn't get to your room if you are by the main reception without being hassled. It got very tedious very quickly because no matter how many times you tell them that you don't want to buy anything they don't seem to get the picture. The entertainment is questionable. I saw one show that I thought was any good and the rest was mediocre if that. The shows that the entertainers put on for example there was one called broadway classics and it basically consisted of the entertainers prancing around on the stage not really dancing and miming to songs when they don't know the words. So it looked awful and my friend and I often ended up going to the bar to use the internet rather than watch them. Beware when you get to the airport of the men trying to help you with your bags. They try and snatch them away from you and drag it about 3 meters to the coach and then want a tip for doing so, when you get your purse out they also see what you have in it and try to get you to give them everything you got. I saw in his hand that some one had been conned into giving him a £10 note. The entertainers can often be rude as well if you are not wanting to take part in their activities so if you are not that sort of person its probably best to sit around the quiet pool which has a bar there where you can get drinks. The restaurants are a good selection and I can honestly say I had no issue with the food. The whole hotel is in very clean condition. I woke up at 6am one time to the sound of the workers scrubbing the floor. Also being a closed currency I would watch out when you get to the airport to return to your country of origin. The exchange desk will only change a minimum of 150 Dirhams and also will not give you coins or exchange the coins for you. So if you have less than this (which my friend and I did seeing as we went all inclusive and so did not need much money) they will not exchange it which was not communicated to us by thomson reps or any one for that matter and we found out only after standing in a queue for 30 mins. So they don't want you to take their money out of the country but they don't want to exchange it for you either which means you may aswell throw it in the bin after because that's all it is worth to you. We ended up giving it to the thomson rep who must do quite well out of it because that's what many people ended up doing. Also when the people on the stalls tell you that they made the products them self this is definitely not true especially with the paintings it is almost like they have had a paint by number sheet given to them because they have the same paintings different colours. That also goes for pretty much every product they sell its all the same in every shop or stall. Other than those few points the hotel was in general cleanliness you could smell the cleaning products first thing in the morning when nothing is open and most of the people are very friendly which is one thing that I was warned against. If you go into marakech it is a good thing to make sure you are covered up to the neck and shoulders and down to the knees if you are female because you will get hassled by the locals throwing disgusting comments at you which a couple of girls that were walking around found out.

Room Tip: Rooms near the main reception are quieter apart from a couple of bull frogs but it is far enough awa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Danniie99
Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I travelled with my daughter, and it was our first visit to the Caribbean Village. We both had a really nice holiday. We were given a room overlooking the pool, which we requested - good start! The room was clean, towels changed daily. There was a good variety of food, my daughter particularly enjoyed the salads. Check-in was quick, and our suitcases were taken to our rooms straightaway. The reception staff were very helpful, and friendly. In fact, all the staff (apart from one barman) were friendly and pleasant. We visited the Moroccan and Japanese themed restaurants, no complaints about the food. There were a few pools to choose from, which we liked. Plenty of entertainment day and night. The beach was lovely, about 5 minutes walk away, but be aware, a few steps to climb.
We did a half day tour to the Atlas Mountains, the views and waterfalls were amazing. We both enjoyed strolling along the beach front, and it was about a 35 minute walk to the Marina. Chocolate (the camel at the Village) was lovely, I paid about £4 in English money to have a ride on him. It was worth it to me, as I lovel camels.
We got a safety deposit box, which costs £16, non refundable.
Just to sum up, we felt we got our holiday at a good price for All Inclusive. We were aware that the Caribbean Village was 3 star, so we didn't expect 5 star, you have to go there with that in mind. We made the most of our first time in Morocco, and we both had a really great time. Would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the main pool, the music was turned off around midnight. We didn't mind...
7  Thank babshorton
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at this hotel on a late flight and the check-in process was chaotic and unorganised - not a great start! We had been informed by our rep that there would be food available as we'd paid for all inclusive, this was not the case (perhaps fed wrong information rather than this being the hotel's fault!).

On arrival in to our room it stunk of sewage, the toilet door didn't close let alone lock, there were ants all over the floor in the bathroom! We requested a room change which the man behind reception was very polite and helpful about. The next room was slightly better! The problem here was that the sheets on the main twin bed has not been changed?! We changed them ourselves as there was a bunk bed in the room with clean sheets. The room was clean (excluding the bedding!), the balcony was nice and you could sit outside, but it was very very basic!

Next morning we were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. There was as much choice as you would expect anywhere for breakfast. Lunches and dinners were of a low to average quality. There was always lots of choice and we always found something to enjoy - but to echo what other reviewers have said, don't expect 5* food at a 3* price. I would avoid the themed restaurants, you don't get any choice and the food you are served is poor! Trying to find tables at meal times is frustrating as the waiters reserve tables in their areas for those they know/think will tip.

The hotel grounds were wonderfully maintained and very pretty. I found the shops and stalls within the hotel very annoying, you would expect to be hassled to buy stuff outside the hotel, but not when walking from your bedroom to the restaurant or pool. We tended to avoid the main pool with the music and animation team but I think this would be great entertainment for families with young children. The private section of the beach was a nice bonus, but be aware that the beach is a 5 minute walk with lots of steps en route.

Would I return? No! This hotel was not for young couples. It is good for families who will make the most of the animation team and the kids club, and who will not mind the noise and chaos of the main pool! Some members of staff were also incredibly rude, we were regularly made to wait at the bar for a long time while the barmen chatted to their friends and then served other people (who had not been waiting as long) first. This is just bad manners. It is a shame because I expect that when this hotel was built it was one of the finest in Agadir, but now it simply can't compete with some of the much nicer hotels a stones throw away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura S
Reviewed May 29, 2013

this place is good value for money.We did change rooms on our first day because we were given top floor and too many stairs to climb and the balcony did not look very safe with a child.They gave us ground floor the next day and that was fine. The rooms are basic but ok.
The climat is great hot in the day and chilly at night take a jacket. Added bonus no mossies.I think its to cold at night for them.Took loads of spray and never used it.If you are looking for a good place for the kids then this is it. Would not recommend for a quiet getaway. People are in general lovely.Of course the all want tips as they wages are poor,use your own discretion. Don't change to much money unless you want to buy junk. I had a job spending 90 pound in 11 days. Taxies are cheap but ask how much before you hire. The tompsom trips are very expensive best to get a taxi and negotiate a price. The kids pool is quite deep and has no life guard keep an eye on all kids as another lady and myself saved a 3 year old from drowning while her mum French or morrocan was in her room and left her 7 year old in charge. Annother 5 mins she would have been gone.Her little eyes were rolling and was vomiting,so beware. The only thing this hotel lacks is hand rails on the steps and there is a lot of them. Not suitable if you cant walk far.Im 61 and went down all the steps carefully. There was a few people in plaster.But apart from all that its not bad theres plenty of food and drink and its only 3 star. Ive stayed in worse with higher stars. My daughter and granddaughter loved it and would return. But I think I would go to some where else. Agadir is not the most prettiest of places nice beach but windy and is mainly all tourism. Nice people and safe.

Room Tip: if your not happy with you room they will change it without fuss
2  Thank blockheadwokingham
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once again i have to say for £320 all inclusive this wasn't bad. It was sunny there were a few things to do and see but the service could have been better. The service was ok in the restaurant especially if you gave the waiters a tip and there always seemed to be something i could eat. the food was always hot and there was generally plenty of it. Breakfast was a bit limited. The boys in the bar had a strange attitude even with a tip and the all inclusive stopped on the dot at 11pm. Booze was ok especially the lager on draft. The pool boys were very helpful and would bring sunbeds and umbrella if you wanted them. Very helpful as there were 6 adults and 2 kids in our party. Not to far to the beach and that was lovely for the kids to play.
Best trip was a £5 each way taxi to the souk. ( market ) which is massive. Go about 11am and leave by 3pm as it gets really busy. Anything you buy in the hotel shops is half the price in the market but you have to barter with the sellers, which i think is part of the experience.
I enjoyed this and it was excellant value for money.
bob cunningham
portsmouth
28/05/13

Room Tip: they all seemed the same but were clean and basic. safe costs £16 english a week some rooms have air...
4  Thank 139bobc139
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a lovely holiday at this hotel,May16th/27th, arrived at 11.00pm, given a warm welcome by the reception staff, given bottled water , a map of the complex and our bags were taken to the room by a porter, yes the porters do expect a tip of a cple of quid but that happens in english hotels as well,!!!.We went down to the bar and had a couple of drinks and a snack before the bar closed at midnight.we were aware of it closing as it states this in the the brochure.....the restaurant was clean and the waiters were very frindly and helpful. the food was average and you always found something that you liked to eat.The snack bar opens in the afternoon and again in the evening..The pools were not heated bt they were ok once you got in the water.The music at night was not to my taste but you can always go to the lobby bar and have a drink there.Have a good walk around the complex and you will find all that you need.....If you expect luxury then book a 5 star holiday.Bare this in mind and you will have a great time.!!!!!

Room Tip: Tamlet side is much quieter but away from the main pool and bar area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank catherine s
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When looking at this hotel it looks lovely the scenery the pools and the hotel itself. ITS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS. I was so disappointed after really looking forward to goingto morocco and finding out that we were going somewhere that was unhygenic dirty and served horrible food. I have never ever been on a worse holiday then I did with this one. There is nothing to do around the complex or outside of it as it is in the middle of nowhere. The staff in hotel are rude and do not clean up the food halls or your rooms! the rooms itself smelt of sewage and I asked to move twice and each room stunk. The blankets were itchy and overallhotel was just disgusting. The seagulls sat in pool so u wouldnt even want to go in after seeing how mucky it is.. BOO TO THIS HOTEL BELIEVE THE REVIEWS IT IS AWFUL!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends