Les Omayades Hotel
Hotels.com
$172
$149
Hotels.com
The Atlantic Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$49
$150
$118
Atlantic Palace Agadir(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$79
$28
bedfinder
$126
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic Palm Beach Apart Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$46
$40
Agoda.com
All reviewspool towels providedking's palacerooms are clean and spaciousbreakfast staffcurrency exchangecleaning stafffaulty
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Do not stay here, food is school dinners standard, rooms are small and dirty and you will be treated as a 2nd class guest if you are all inclusive . All inclusive - red, rose and White wine from a water dispenser and 1 local aniseed based spirit . Bottled water must be purchased from the hotel at £1.50 each . We are frequent visitors to north Africa and spend all winter here . We found this hotel so bad we transferred to another hotel at an extra cost of £1650 . This is not a 3 star hotel , never mind 4

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank southwold85
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Me and the girlfriend (both 22) stayed here for a week and arrived on the 23rd oct, I expected the worst due to some reviews on here but now wondered if they even stayed in the same hotel. I'd class it as a 3* not 4* but the waiting and bar staff were really friendly and chatty(most spoke fair english, which is more than i can say for my french). the hotel was quiet when we arrived and we liked it that way until a lot of French tourists came in on the saturday which was fine, i will admit they cater more for the French but thats their main clientel so its more understandable.
the hotel decor and gardens where beautiful, others said its dated, its not it Moroccan. we got told about food times and shown to our room, room was small ish but didnt bother us as we were out and about often. Food was fine they had a small variety and changes, generally food has moroccan and French influence and we liked it.
hotel is close to the beach and has its own section so you don't get hasseled and have sunbeds. could of done being little closer to main Agadir but was fine just meant we had a nice evening stroll down the beach instead.

yes there is room for improvement but not as bad other reviews stated, would of been good to have a map when we arrived not when we asked where al souk was couple days in. included drinks are generally always local produce which included a beer, rose, red wine and a cocktail, the red and rose are in water dispensers so are easily accessable and don't need bar staff, who can be hard to locate sometimes, if they're not a one then take a 10 second walk to the inside bar, not hard.
fair hotel, would definately recommend a holiday to Morocco, we loved and others who've been have loved it too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dominic P
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived at hotel about 10am. Booked in, our bags were taken to our room, which was ready for us. The room is smallish and not very luxurious but the bed was fine and the bathroom was good. Always had plenty of hot water. The breakfast was the same every day, mostly bread, cakes, salad, ham, cheese etc. The home made pancakes were delicious. The pool area is a bit jaded but the sun beds were all fine and we got clean pool towels every day. There were organised activities during the day, aerobics, petanque, water polo and entertainment some evenings, belly dancers etc. The wi fi was free but you needed to sit in the lobby to use it at full strength. I had no problem with any of the staff, there was one person on the desk that was a bit brusque but, when I spoke to her in French she was much better. It is time that us Brits stopped expecting the whole world to speak fluent English and started speaking some other languages ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived at the Hotel Les Omayades around 12.00 midday only to be told that our were not ready and were offered a room where 'WE' could put our cases. This room opened up onto the main road and offered no security for our belongings at all. So we sat and held on to them and waited in the lobby, it wasn't until 2.30pm that our room was ready and the receptionist just handed us our keys, there were no porters or any form of concierges service available, I looked at the receptionist she return the look and after several moments she said 'WE' can take our cases and just pointed the direction to our room.

The room was small as was also the bed, but the worst thing about the room was the background smell of drains or sewage. All the time we stayed here was never any hot water available and after several days the smell was so bad that my partner was gagging so much on entering to the room, she just couldn't face going back in that room, which seem to hang around our clothing even when we were out. so we went straight to reception and complained, the receptionist without any hesitation or question immediately gave us another room. It was as if they were aware of the problem, but the smell of sewage just to fill most of the corridors in the hotel and once again there wasn't any hot water in the new room either.

The restaurant was quirt disgusting and very limited in the range of food and very repetitive, the food was always cold, as was the coffee and tea, there were 8 or so chafing dishes on display with only a couple with an offering of food in them which I would describe as being slop. Within 2 days my partner went down with a bad stomach pains, cramps and diarrhea and after 4 days as did I. We gave up on the restaurant on the fifth day and eat out. This was the norm for most of the other guest also staying at the hotel, now if the water was cold in the all rooms, I can only assume that it was the same for the restaurants being able only to wash the dishes in cold water and being totally unhygienic...

The state and condition of this hotel has seen better days, it was run down and under staffed. The umbrellas around the pool were broken as were the sun beds, in your write up on the Hotel you state there was a shop. This was empty and had been for a long, long time, all the windows were smashed in, with shards of glass being held in the window frames which could fall at any moment. Also this was by the poolside and by the children play area 'the area was a hazard and should have been cordon of. The Gym and it looked impressive, but I would defy you to exercise on any of it as not one piece of equipment was working, cables and chains broken

The staff provided very poor and sloppy service and really didn't care, Bar Service and drinks were very limited, on several occasions I could wait up to ten minutes before being served, just because there no staff be hide the bar serving and then they would appear from nowhere and severe the paying client first, for which they would then pocket the money. Also I witness a member of the bar staff collecting half empty glasses for the tables and pour the residue back into the carafes on the bar, I also saw this happen with the mint tea...

As for the amenities on the section of beach available for the clients of the Les Omayades Hotel, in the write up that there are catamarans, windsurfing and sailing available. No way, there were just only sunbeds...

The Rep Rachid appeared on the first day, heard all of our complaints and promptly disappeared and we were told he had gone on holiday with no replacement...

All in all this was a holiday from hell, back home I've spent the last four days at recouping before I could write an email and guess what I've received a standard whitewash letter from the Holiday Company '118 Travel' take a look there write up on tripAdvisor before booking anything ...

Included is a picture of the Shop for which they say they have, which was closed with broken shards of glass by the children's play area..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TallTerry
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Myself and a friend arrived here for a weeks getaway back last month. I honestly don't know where to begin, there is nothing positive to say about this place. We arrived to a reception desk where we were completely ignored for a good 5 minutes before the man behind the counter decided he was going to see to us. He handed over our key to our room and that was it, no info on the hotel itself, meal plans, the area we were in, no map to help us get around, just a key and that was it. The room itself was actually alright, very spacious and the beds and pillows weren't too bad either however the next day when we went to have a shower is really when all the problems began, the water was freezing! I called reception and spoke to a woman (the dark haired woman as there is a blonde lady too), i asked her what was happening with the water and she advised she would send someone down to have a look at what was going on, this sounded a bit odd but I went with it and hung up. 25 minutes passed and no one turned up so I called her back again, I asked her again what was going on and whether someone was coming to our room and she tutted and SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN ON ME!! I was mortified, absolutely gobsmacked. I told my friend and we decided to get dressed and go down and talk to her. I probably shouldn’t have but I lost my temper massively with her, she’s the face of the hotel, she should be the helpful person that guests call when they need assistance, instead she was rude and completely unhelpful. When I asked her why she hung up on me she accused me of lying, I also asked her where the person was who was supposed to come and see to our water and she said that wasn’t what she said either, according to her she told me that there was currently no water in the hotel and to try again in half an hour, all lies! Anyway, we both ended up having freezing cold showers for the next 2 days.

As for the hotel itself, the pool area is tatty and is in serious need of attention. There was an out building that has a smashed window, below the window there just happens to be a childrens play area, so as well as playing on a miniature climbing frame, they’re also playing amongst glass! A few people complained about it but they did nothing about. After what had happened with the receptionist this honestly didn’t surprise me one bit.

On most hotel websites it says that this hotel has wifi in all rooms, another lie! There is no wifi in any of the rooms and when i asked about this at reception i was looked at as if i was stupid. They also all say there is a fitness centre, when we had a look at the 'fitness centre' all machines had 'out of order' signs on them bar one.

The breakfast was awful, no cooked food at all. All the waiting staff are rude, you smile at them and they just look straight through you.

I honestly couldn’t wait to get home from this holiday, Agadir itself isn’t a place for 2 young girls because the men are on your case ALL THE TIME. We literally felt like we were stuck, we either stayed amongst rude staff at an awful hotel or went out in Agadir or to the beach and got pestered all day long.

My main advice though, PLEASE DON’T STAY HERE, its easily the worst place I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends