“Relaxing week at friendly hotel”

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed one week in sept 2013, arrived at 10pm greeted with a drink and a meal in restaurant before check in, which was quick and friendly. Room spacious and very clean, good powerful shower water always hot. Large swimming pools , people did reserve sunbeds we didn,t never a problem getting one. Animation team friendly always had a chat but not pushy, Tried the Italian al a carte wasn,t impressed but visited the Moroccan restaurant twice which was very good. plenty of comfy sofas in lobby to sit and relax in the evening. food very good day time and evening no problems with upset stomachs ,Moroccan wine very pleasing .Didn,t do any tours just wanted relaxing week walked the lovely prom a few times and visited local restaurant Camels for meal which is highly recommended for a treat outside the hotel the staff there were very welcoming especially Karim. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday you will find it here ,never a problem getting served all the staff are very friendly, check out which was 11am but returned to reception late afternoon to ask for courtesy room was given one within 15 mins and was able to get a meal before we left at 7.45pm. Would return to this hotel when visiting Agadir.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just got back from a 10 day holiday at the Tikida Dunas. Don't listen to the people giving bad reviews, because they are people who lust like to moan in the hope they will get something back. This is one of the best run hotels I have ever been to, the staff are friendly helpful and polite, nothing is to much trouble.
We had paid extra for a room with a sea view, we were given room number 3107 all I can say what a fantastic view we had. The room was large and comfortable, cleaned every day and water left to drink. The swimming pools are cleaned daily and sunbeds are plentiful. Food is good with plenty of choice so you can always find something to eat. The restaurant staff work very hard showing you to tables, getting drinks for you, clearing your dirty plates this is all done in a friendly polite manner. The Barmen/women serve people in order and they know who is next in turn All the staff are a credit to the hotel and work as a team to make this an excellent holiday experience. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
I hope you find this review helpful in choosing a hotel

Room Tip: Have a room with a sea view
3  Thank big-al4356
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have just come back from this Hotel. I could not aske for a better location. The staff were excellent. Sophiune our waiter in the Hotel Was brilliant. The Hotel was spotless to a degree of one day the Manager of the Hotel cleaning was going round checking all the toilets with a torch.
I never once saw any dirty area. We had a sea view which was beautiful. Beware of the Guys outside in the Taxi rank as they don't take you to were you want to go. learnt by not saying It was not our first time. Also on the Promenade guy selling trips was a pain and because we never booked with him was called a liar. The cats are not feral cats and were not full of fleas. well cared for and you cannot blame the Hotel for guest feeding them as notices per placed asking you not to. As for the Diarrhoea not sure how it was on the floor as surely that person who did it was to blame not the Hotel. Most peoples problems are self inflicted by to much Sun, Alcohol etc.
We all know the golden rule of when we need to vacate our rooms. If I was feeling poorly I would have paid extra for this service to keep the room. We know what time our flights are when we book.Lots of people moaning wanting something for nothing. Sea views etc. Super for people with walking problems as ramps and staff always being available to help.
Plenty of good Food, Drinks. Wifi is available in the main Lobby free. Pools were cleaned and area everyday. Even the Beach bar was hosed every day. Not a problem with sunbeds but if you want one close to pool just get up a bit earlier. Super pools for kids to play in. Enjoy your Holiday we certainly did. Morocco not a lot of places to go in the Area be careful as locals tend to tell you something and then they are like leaches for money. Enjoyed everything about the Hotel well done Riu Tikida for our lovely Holiday.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a sea view. Worth the money approx. £65.00 Our room was 3107 super view of Pool an...
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a two week holiday at the Tikida Dunas fro 5th - 19th September 2013 we have been before about 5 years ago we thought it was good then this time it was excellent. The staff were most obliging nothing to much for them, our waitress in the main restaurant was called Meryem she looked after us very well she soon got to know who had coffee or tea at breakfast and what wine in the evening. during the day and for lunch it was the Tamaris Snack Bar the bar staff here were very professional, especially Khadija Zakaria and Abdulah, all the staff were very good but those are the three names we could remember, we asked for a quiet room and it was on the ground floor i'm not up to lots of stairs these days the chambermaid was on the ball i cant remember her name but we were in room 4016. The promenade along shore is ideal the less mobile as it is nice and flat and easy for walking, we will not leave it so long before we go back. A big thank you to the management and staff for a great holiday thank you again

Alex & peggy Parsons

Room Tip: we always ask for a quiet room on the ground floor so we don't get views but it suits us as i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peglex
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The whole experience was amazing. This is the second time we have visited this hotel and would recommend it to anyone, the staff are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. We are very well travelled. Don't miss the Arabian Night experience well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We spent a week at the Tikida Dunas and i spent most of the time with stomach cramps and diarrhea!! Also by the state of the toilet's in the lunch restaurant and communal pool toilets people were also suffering from the same problem!!!!!! I actually spoke to 4 other people who also spent time in bed due to bad stomachs and bad diarrhea.

I have never been ill whilst on holiday before, I am very careful about what I eat (no meat), the sun never affects me, and I do not drink alcohol. I found the lunch time restaurant very dirty, if you were lucky your table might be wiped clean otherwise it was just dirty plates that were taken away (no table cloths). I really think they should install hand sanitizers to stop germs spreading!!!
People did moan about uncooked chicken but i wouldn't know as i didn't eat the meat.
The toilet's were horrible, diarrhea over the floor on two occasions.........

Anyway, we arrived around 10pm and told we could eat in the Moroccan restaurant, in my opinion it was horrible and didn't go back.
The breakfast and dinner buffet did have a lot of choice and quite nice food.
The soft drinks and fruit juices were horrible.

The room was lovely and clean, recommend a sea view on the 2nd floor, (we were in room 3230)
Room was cleaned early everyday and complimentary water left.
The bed was a bit too hard for me!

Pool area was lovely, be aware you will need to get up really early to put your towel on a sunbed, they are all taken by around 9.30!! Sunbeds a bit uncomfortable.

Beach lovely, warm sea, can be very choppy. nice walk along the promenade.

You have to check out by 11am, our flight wasn't until 3:45am the following morning so i asked for a room extension due to my stomach bug, they would only extend until 6pm so that meant i had to hang around for 7hrs until we got picked up at 12.45am. I begged them to let me lay down in the room until midnight but the MANAGER kept saying NO NO NO!! I found them very unhelpful and unfriendly!!

I would never ever go back to this hotel, i never complain or would never normally write on trip advisor but people need to know this hotel has very poor hygiene and doesn't live up to a four star hotel!!

2  Thank kinnp
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here in February on the recommendation of the Thomson rep. My friend is in a wheelchair and she decided on a last-minute holiday to Morocco. The rep suggested this hotel over the others, because it is wheelchair friendly, ie ramps and slopes all over the hotel and grounds. In addition, it is easier to get round Agadir with a wheelchair than Marakech. We are really, really pleased we listened, since it meant we had a great week at this resort.

We were allocated a ground-floor room, with a large bathroom and grab rails, plus plenty of space to manouvre the wheelchair round the room. It didn't have a sea view, but frankly that doesn't matter when you need the accessibility. Even though the bath was lower, my friend still couldn't get in, so we had to improvise with the shower, which meant getting the bathroom floor very wet. However, the staff were really helpful and provided us with extra towels to dry the floor as quickly as possible.

In all areas of the hotel, the staff couldn't be more helpful with ensuring my friend could access all areas. In fact, it was refreshing that 'health and safety' has not yet reached Agadir, and the staff would physically help my friend on and off buses and in and out of cars - something that does not happen in the UK.

The food was fine; the spa was fine; the indoor swimming pool was fine. We certainly have no complaints about this hotel. In fact, as soon as my friend can afford it, she is intending to go back.

The only note of caution for travellers with mobility problems is that at Agadir airport, they do not have an ambilift. Travellers are literally bodily carried on and off the plane in a chair hoist. It is the first time I have been with my friend and said to her, 'Rather you than me!'

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room, make sure you ask for it, but it is not likely to have a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends