Hotel Sud Bahia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$271
$79
$115
$75
  • Pool
Tildi Hotel & SPA(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$61
$57
Travelocity
$84
Hotels.com
$87
Cancelon
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Although aware I was booking 2* hotel I did not expect too much .
However for that standard I would expect a room decently cleaned.
we found debris,leftovers on the floor,toothpaste spaterred around the bathroom.Shower courtain better not to be touched.
the room was next to the old squeeky elevator making terrible noise anytime the lift was in movement..
after complaint we have been promised room will be cleaned instantly.Never happened!!!
Wifi in the lobby did not work either,when asking for help-the answer was "try later'
Breakfast disgusting,tablecloth dirty .One sip of the coffee was enough.
Booked for four days ,left the next morning!!
I would only recommend it for emergency overnight stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milan Z
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have just booked for my 4th stay at the Sud Bahia at a price aprox £10.25p a night B&B.Now you couldn't get into a homeless hostel for that in England!I have no complaints and usually meet up with friends I met there on my 1st visit.I used to have half board but the evening meal does leave something to be desired and within a minute or 2 walk there are many cheap restaurants where you can get a 3 course meal for £4 absolutely delicious.DAFFY'S is a good example.
I don't understand people who complain about these prices,go and pay for 5star if that's what you want.I have a large room with ensuite (the ensuite has no frills )and a balcony overlooking the large pool, but I go mainly for the weather and the culture.When you see how poor they are and how hard they work it makes me feel pretty humble and very lucky,it certainly doesn't make me feel better than them.Trouble is most of us have become too materialistic and these things are not that important in the grand scheme of things. The staff are nearly all brilliant even the snooty Lady receptionist is charming to me,treat them with respect and a smile and you get it back.I have found tipping the chambermaid a small amount every other day works wonders and they are just lovely.I have had fresh flowers put in my room ,bowl of fruit and I always have plenty of towels.Admittedly the towels have seen better days and are not as white as they once where but so what,I quite like a hard towel,it saves me exfoliating.Its a good idea to take a travel kettle because they don't supply facilities.
There is loads to do ,the marina is beautiful,the trips are lovely and cheap too or get a cheap bus to some places --my friends hired a car and we went up the Atlas mountains and stayed the night in a quaint village it was fab.Buy a cheap map and do some exploring, most days I walk through where the moroccans live to their supermarket and next door is a Carfour and things are fantastic value.The cakes are to die for and their vanilla slices oh joy!I even found a couple of clothes shops selling western clothes which had the fashions before we did but cheaper so I have to go back to get some.I enjoy it more each time I go because you find your way round better.I went for 6 weeks Jan,Feb and instead of feeling homesick I was a bit sad to come home so I am looking forward to my next trip.If you want a holiday on a budget you can't beat the Sud Bahia and Morocco in my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are lovely because you get the sun very often nearly all day--but leave a room for me!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank MrsR63
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed for a week in April/May and thought the Sud Bahia hotel was very good value. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fairly basic but you should not expect more for the price. We ate out everyday for lunch and dinner and found lots of really good cafes and restaurants within ten minutes walk. The Orange Juice stand around the corner does fresh squeezed juice for 7 MAD and the cafe across the road has great coffee 'NOSNOS'.
We had a really good time in Agadir and did daytrips to Taroudant, Tioute, Taghazout and Paradise Valley. All by Grand (Mercedes) taxis. We also went to the surf school on the beach at 'Club Robinson' (20 MAD by Petite (Fiat) taxis.
We were really glad we chose not to go 'all inclusive' at one of the big beach hotels - they looked a bit boring.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Will R
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Some rooms were dirty, not very well cleaned, we had to change our room because there was a smal creature on the bed. Menu is the same every week. You can only, Breakfast was always same everyday and not varied and there was no cheese on the trays, cucmber, tomatoes was not fresh.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 29, 2012

my sister and I stayed in Sud Bahia in January 2012. We had the most amazing time in Again and really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff was top notch and helped us with whatever we needed. One night we asked where they suggested we eat dinner. Not only did the staff tell us where to go, someone even escorted us! The only downfall is the breakfast. I think everyone has the same comment about it. Besides that, it is located in a fabulous area, close to everything and they will set you up with a reputable company to do excursions with. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends