“4 Star Stay At 4 Star Hotel”

Hotel Agadir Beach Club
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just came back from Agadir,and felt I should review the lti Agadir beach club,I stayed here from the 1-5th September Bed and Breakfast we booked 2 double rooms which we received with interconnecting doors,the bedroom was fairly spacious,i opened the bathroom door and dust fell all over me,disgusting,then on the toilet there was a long strand of hair,which deterred me from the toilet until it got cleaned.

We had 2 rooms but only one of them had a fridge?,but the fridge we had was quite spacious.

The bedding and furniture of the room looks like furniture from the 80's,but the bed were extremely comfortable and this was a real pleasure,there was also a flatscreen tv with 28 channels which was good but only 1 british channel but that wasnt a problem.
The rooms were cleaned 6 times a week but I think they were not thoroughly cleaned all the time.

The resort is excellently located right by the beach with a pathway to the beach and a large private beach with sunloungers,the swimming pool was quite warm but it wasnt very creatively shaped but no problem,the animation team were so nice and they really made sure we enjoyed our stay and realy got to know you,my little sister took advantage of th kids club which as a good facility.One thing which really annoys me is the people which wake upearly just t reserve sunbeds with towels and dont even use them until 12/1 o'clock.

During the night there wasn't an incredible amount to do for teenage kids apart from billiard,each game costs 10 dirhams but i think it should be free considering the price the customer pays to stay in the hotel.There is 2 tables and they have an employee in charge of the pool tables which doesn't really do anything all day called El Hossein which when a 13 y/o girl came to play at the table he tried to chat her up and afterwards I said to him you are 27 and she is 13 and he says 'know problem,we will get married and make babies',which i thought was absolutely absurd and was going to follow through but didn't get time.

Breakfast was fantastic one of the best features of the hotel,there was so much choice and was really nice,there was things like eggs which are made for you as you like it,omelette,moroccan crepes,loads of choices of bread and there was mint tea which is really nice and something that from previous reviews everybody liked,freshly made orange juice which is delicious.

I cant comment on fitness and spa as I was too young to enter.

Overall I would say I enjoyed my stay at Agadir Beach Club,If i returned to Agadir would i stay there again,No,I would probably stay in a tikida or sofitel.

Thankyou Agadir Beach Club!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level as reception,but nearer to the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nezar E
There are newer reviews for Hotel Agadir Beach Club

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel was not up to standards. I had a booked 2 rooms. I requested two rooms with a pool view. It was confirmed to me with an email.

On arrival I was asked to pay the full amount first. I was then given 2 rooms with an old tree view and a drain full of mosquitoes. The room had a weird dampness smell.

After a battle I was then offered another 2 rooms worst then the first one. I was furious and demanded a better room or my money back. I was then promised a better but I had to wait till next day.
After a miserable 2 nights, I was then offered 2 rooms a little bitter, a little less mosquitoes but no pool view.

Breakfast time was an adventure that varied from queuing up fried eggs, orange juice squeezed to order and trying to find fresh food. If not careful you may end up with sour baked beans, sour tomatoes, and sour Moroccan soup or off black olives.

I have seen staff picking bread roll from floor and putting back in the mix that he was southing with his bare hands.

I have also seen waiters picking out unused croissants and French pastry from used plates probably for recycling.

I had lunch once in the restaurant by the pool; I was served a burger and something that looked nothing like chips, not cooked enough oily,

The buffet was 200Dirhams about £16. The food was sometimes left unrefrigerated for long time. I was not prepared to take a risk.

I had dinner in the Italian restaurant ROMA; I had to wait 15minutes for a menu. There were 2 waiters for the entire busy restaurant.

The pool was very small for the size and capacity of hotel.

Agadir Beach Blub hotel is rated 4 stars. I would rate it 2. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms with a sea view. or near reception.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank h b
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hellhole of a place I would NOT recommend to ANYONE. It is NOT 4*. a mere 2* maximum !!!

Break fast is a total nightmare

No milk for tables
Not enough 'hot' water which they serve in thermos flasks. It is not hot but Luke warm most of the time.

Long Queue for fried eggs
Long Queue for omelettes
Long Queue for Orange juice
Breadrolls are stale !
Only oranges available NO other fruit available to eat !!!!

Pool sunbeds all reserved consistently BUT no one is ever sat on them - only for 30 mins per day !!!!!

Pool food is in edible

Hotel is mainly moroccan guests who are prioritised. Foriegn guests treated as 2nd class citizens !!!!

Basic bedrooms mostly clean and tidy !!

Cocktails are un-drinkable and NO real entertainment in the evenings ! Some 70's throwback of a singer.

Private beach is manned by x3 men who simply sit all day and DO NOT maintain it. There are cigarette ends everywhere and rubbish blowing around that the staff continue to LEAVE to blow about the private beach. The staff dont even clean the rubbish away in the entrance to the private beach !!!!

Your Not permitted to take any food or drinks into the hotel even your room which ironically has a fridge.

Their small bottles of water (33cl) they charge 25 dh for (£2) but you get them for 1 dh (10p) in local shops and given free when you have a coffee or ice cream anywhere else.

One big rip off after the other.

Was going to buy some grapes off one of the beach fruit sellers. He asked me for equivalent to £8 for a bunch of grapes. Needless to say I told him to stick them where the sun does NOT shine !!!! Do they really believe foreigners are that stupid ?

Entrance is grand when you arrive BUT don't be fooled !!!

If you've booked in to this hotel I'd quickly get it changed to another before you depart or your entire holiday will be spoiled !!!!!!

Ps weather is NOT so good either sun only 2-5 pm !!!! But that's one thing that I can't blame the hotel for !!!!

Agadir itself does not particularly have much going on - quite dull all round !!!!!! Go somewhere else if you were considering morocco !

3  Thank Wolves64
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were going there to be able to go to the beach, after a tour of the country, where we stayed in lovely riads. So the culture shock was quite big, I admit that. And we did do it to ourselves, but this was such a horrible place! Out of date, old, dirty and not what you would expect from something that calls itself a four star hotel. We expected a lot more.
Furthermore, my boyfriend got foodpoisoning from their roomservice, which meant we couldn't go home as planned and we had to stay even longer in that dreadful place.
After rebooking, with which the staff was no help, did not speak proper english and were just plain rude and 'above it all', we finally decided that if we had to stay in Agadir, we would do it in another hotel. And that was so much better, half the price and just a relief.
This is not the place to be, AT ALL. Food was expensive, you are not allowed to bring your own food and drinks in and the water bottles cost a fortune. It is a ridiculous place, with nothing going for it. Everything you could want in service, has to be paid for extra.
We hated it and we are never ever going back there. EVER.

Room Tip: Just don't go.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChristelV82
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What more can I say. The title speaks for itself.

We arrived and were told out room was not ready yet and to wait 10 mins. Two hours later after my patience ran out I asked what was happening. Staff replied with "oh we forgot about you".

We get in our room to find single beds however we requested a double !!!! we were unable to push them together as a large chest was fixed between them !!!!

You are not allowed to take ANY drinks into your room/hotel however their prices are extortionate.

Food was very poor !!!!

I can re-iterate what the previous guests have said with regard to sunbeds. The beach is private but NOT maintained.

Entertainment is watching others guests reaction on arrival and at break fast. No real entertainment at night.

Hotel is mainly dominated by morrocan guests who can be quite hostile !!!!!

We would NEVER return to hotel or morocco for that matter.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a wonderful holiday, no problems with sunbeds, cleanliness, air con, staff were very helpful. We were able to leave our bags until 10 at night when we moved on to Casablanca. Yes it was busy but that's better than it being empty in high season ! For the money we paid we couldn't have found a better hotel. Location good for beach and nightlife. I want to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jeanius141
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Issues with agadir beach hotel. I would NOT return

Sun beds by the pool are consistently 'reserved' from 8am and not used till 2-3pm by holiday makers.

Breakfast same problem. Tables outside are 'reserved' with a glass of orange or a key and not used for 1-2 hrs.

This needs policing.

The break fast orange is Lovely BUT people going up getting x6 glasses at a time which creates long queues un- necessarily as its freshly squeezed.

Pool side food was disgusting. They should be ashamed of the 'meal' I was served.

'Alcoholic' cocktails are disgusting. They also contain NO alcohol.

Staff have NOT provided any information since our arrival ie hotel map, logistics, towels for beach or times of anything etc. NO INFORMATION SHARED TO TOURISTS.

They do however provide you with a fridge BUT alas your not allowed to bring anything in from outside the hotel. Not even water, pop or fruit. They do however POLICE this. If you have any water on your way in your asked to dispose of it or refused entry. I have seen them even search bags for any water. can't see the point of the fridge in this case !!!

I've basically voted with my feet and have NOT spent a penny with the hotel since the disgusting pool side food and cocktails. The hotel loses money and my business/ custom. So no problem !!!!

It's NOT 4* more 2*-3*: there is a grand 4* entrance but that's all.

Le jardin d'eau - excellent food it's a short walk away restaurant.

Sorry beach hotel agadir it's NOT for me :-( so very sorry morocco I won't return which in turn doesn't help your economy. Simples.

Public relations exercise and basic education required to enable the hotel providers to see what they're doing wrong and to enable them to get the most out of tourists and more importantly to get them to WANT to return.
All of this boosts the overall economy long term !!!!!

3  Thank Joll_es49