“New Year's Eve to Remember”

Hotel Agadir Beach Club
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Galway, Ireland
“New Year's Eve to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

My daughter and I have visited twice over New Year and enjoyed both holidays. The hotel is located on the beachfront with the promenade stretching on either side for those who like to walk! The staff are very friendly and helpful (many remembered us on our second visit) and the food is fine. As in all hotels, a tip or two at the start of the holiday ensured top class service. We were “all inclusive” and enjoyed the themed nights in the main dining hall. In addition, we had vouchers for the other restaurants. The Moroccan is excellent while the Italian is just average.
On our first visit, we attended the New Year’s Eve banquet in the main dining hall and it was terrific. The evening started with amazing entertainment by the pool, then a huge array of delicious food, lots to drink (if you are that way inclined) and wonderful entertainment. On our second visit, we decided to try the banquet in the Moroccan restaurant and it exceeded our expectations. The food was just wonderful, the entertainment was superb, the service magnificent, so a night to remember.
I would recommend this hotel for families or those wishing for a quiet, relaxing break.

Room Tip: If you have children who use the pool a lot, request a room close to it.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Angelalilu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

The Hotel was well past it's sell by date and in need of a complete refurbishment. The furnishing of our room were dated and drab.
The television did not work and after replacing first the remote control and then the television itself we finally had one that worked but with poor picture quality.
The bath plug did not fit, which meant water ran out of the bath before you had time to bathe. the plug was replaced but did not fit either so we had to have showers instead. This was not the easiest of tasks and the shower curtain was dirty and you felt you did not want to touch it.
The complimentary toiletries were two bars of soap.
The fridge in the room had enough ice built up on the ice box to sink the Titanic, I thought of defrosting the fridge but having spilled some water on the floor when I wiped it up with a tissue the tissue was black. So I did not want more water on the floor.
The small balcony had bird mess on it and was not cleaned the week we were there.
The carpets in the corridors were dirty and worn out.
The pool area had so many cracked paving slabs it was difficult to see one that was not broken, Is the edge of the pool meant to be green?
The staff at reception ignored us on our arrival and could hardly bring themselves to speak in order for us to check in.
We were given no information about the hotel on arrival. On one occasion I had to wait a good ten minutes for the room key whilst the reception staff chatted to one and other.
When I tried to make a telephone call from our room I could not get a connection and so went to the telephone desk by reception. There I was face with one young girl falling asleep and another chewing gum. I paid 5 dirham for a telephone call to a wrong number. (I was desperately trying to contact a rep to get us out of the place).
When I asked at the information desk for details of excursions I was greeted by a barrage of french and then ignored by the two young girls behind the desk who burst out laughing.
I was furious at having landed in such a dump but my daughter who was near to tears persuaded me that we should just have to make the best of it.
At breakfast I thought things were looking up by the array of food on offer. But disappointment set in again when I found chipped and dirty crockery and my daughter managed to pick up a chipped glass. The food did not appear so bad until I noticed bread rolls were taken from tables where people had picked them up and had not eaten them and were replaced in the baskets for other customers to eat, Then I noticed the birds, the restaurant was indoors, there were bird droppings on light fittings above us and my daughter discovered feathers on the cheese. After this we were very careful what we selected to eat.
We had booked on a bed and breakfast basis and one evening when my daughter was very tired we took diner in to hotel. The food was poor to say the least and it was a self service buffet, as I had to pay for diner the waiter brought my bill and pointed out that service was not included. Why he thought I should give him a tip is beyond me.
It may not has helped our position to two of a very few english people staying at the hotel.
The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is it is near the beach.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Auntsandra

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Have just got back from Agadir my 6th trip! 1st to Beach Club having stayed at various others in the past. The location of the hotel is excellent with its own private area on the beach which is literally a few feet from the hotel. This was deserted most days so no fighting for sunbeds here. The pool was clean and spacious with a good kids pool. Staff were friendly around the pool and were helpful with parasols and beds etc. Food in the main restaurant was good and varied even for a fussy 9 year old! Waiters were funny and obliging. Rooms were comfortable and cleaned well everyday with clean towels etc. We had ajoining rooms with a garden view on the ground floor which was great for us. We found everyone except one member of staff very kind and helpful. We were able to change sterling and travellers cheques with ease at the hotel. The All Inclusive aspects were not fully explained fully to us and we ended up paying for tennis courts when they should have been free but we were refunded. So ask for what is actually included in the package so to speak. Considering we visited in the middle of Ramadan, everyone from the taxi drivers and guides in the Souks were friendly and happy to help. The Souk in Agadir is being redeveloped and the floor is very uneven underfoot so wear sensible foot wear when visting!!!! ALSO REMEMBER TO KEEP THOSE RECEIPTS FOR YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU EXCHANGE CASH FOR DIRHAMS AS YOU WILL NEED THEM WHEN YOU GET TO THE AIRPORT IF YOU WISH TO EXCHANGE LEFT OVER DIRHAMS BACK TO STIRLING. THEY OFTEN ONLY HAVE EUROS NOT STIRLING! We had a lovely time and I would go back for my 7th visit without a doubt.

Room Tip: Garden View is a good option as a sea view carries a supplement.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Texmex69
Marrakech, Morocco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is typically the kind of hotels that are in need of redo in the rooms, facilities and management.
This hotel has everything to be one of the best all-inclusive hotel in Agadir, however, we can feel the "medieval" way of management.
Basic rooms , the bar reminds me italian tv from the 70s with one organ and a singer with the same catalog everyday (expect bad quality), no entertainment (pool gym, that's it)

Here are some recommendations:
- expect to pay 200€ for two A-I, but don't expect to eat, drink everything, they have some rules....
- local wine is one of the worst in the market (I mixed it with Sprite, preferable :) ),
- order beer from the inside bar, not from the grill, the second is a can of the worst beer in Morocco while the first is ok
- wake up early in the morning (8 to 9) so that you'll be able to take a deck chair.
- ask for a nice view when checkin in in the room
- ask for all restaurants and facilities that you have access to upon checkin, otherwise, no one would explain it to you and keep in mind that you have access to those restaurants, not only the buffet when you are in A-I, food is much better there (seafood, italian and moroccan restaurants are avail)

Room Tip: don't expect king size bed, mostly 2 queen....oldish...but ok overall
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lebach
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have just come back from the LTI Agadir Beach Hotel and overall we had a great time. The hotel is in a great location and only 10 minutes walk along the promenade to the main square and McDonalds. It has a decent size pool, lots of loungers and a kids club. Now the negatives.

Kids Club and Mini Disco: This was a major let down and the entire club is run by a single women who clearly cant manage any more than a few kids - this needs to be addressed - the activitiies were boring and the mini disco was basically the same women with a stereo in a large empty room. Poor to say the least.

Food: Breakfast was ok - same buffet food, eggs, breads, cheese, tea coffee and donuts, Lunch has to be taken outside and is either something off the menu or the buffet - large selection of desserts along as you dont mind the flies that have been walking on it. Burgers buns toasted so much that they are like bricks werent tasty. The supplemented restaurants are worth going to especially the morroccan restaurant that has music and belly dancer. We went half board but spent most days eating out.

Rooms: Good enough for what we needed. Safes, TV, Fridges.

Entertainment: Mini disco terrrible, bar entertainment was a guy with a piano and two singers - pretty terrible, had a magician and parrot show on one day which was ok but having stayed at the Founty Beach in Agadir this is nothing compared to what they do for the kids and adults.

Overall had a good time but wouldnt stay here again - its back to Founty Beach for us even though its further away and the wifi was a joke. All inclusive for the same price as LTI half board - cant go wrong.

Good access to the private area on the beach, wifi in the foyer (didnt always work)

Room Tip: If your room isnt upto scratch demand a new one!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Manny786
Ballyshannon, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here with my dad and little brother on a summer holiday last year.

The staff are mostly very friendly, but can be over friendly in order to get tips. However there was one particular porter who was quite rude/aggressive on the front door. He searched my little brothers (16) rucksack one day on the way in to see if he was bringing any bottled water onto the premises, as opposed to buying at the bar. Funny how he didnt once search mine (30) or my fathers!!!

The room itself over looked a shocking looking buliding site, and wasnt overly clean, it pretty much looked like a "benidorm in the 70's" kind of place. the decor was also of 70's vintage, and most of the facilities on-site were in dire need of an upgrade.

the pool area was clean-ish, but all of the poolside staff were very helpful, friendly and co-operative.

Overall i actually enjoyed my holiday here, but mostly due to a make the most of it mentality after arriving. one piece of advice when in this hotel is to go all inclusive as the price of a beer is so expensive at over €5 each, water €2, wine €15 the price of all-inc once there is €25 pp per day!!!!

I would not go back to this hotel or agadir, but also dont want to slate it too much as i did enjoy myself whilst there!!! it is definitely NOT somewhere i would bring my girlfriend!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank johnsie80
CanadianinIreland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was our first time in Morocco and we stayed at this lovely resort. The location was perfect and the resort was lovely.
I would have to comment on a few things: one is that there were no toiletories at all. You get towels, and hand towels. I had packed shampoos, soap etc so we were okay that way. Another comment is that the pillows were the worst pillows I have ever slept on. Most nights I ended up throwing the pillows on the floor and sleeping without pillows. That's the reason of the 1 star for the sleep quality. This resort is rated at a 4 star but I think I would put it more at about a 3 star.
We booked a half board vacation, so we ate breakfast and supper at the hotel, we would usually walk down the lovely promenade for something to eat at lunch time. There were plenty of good, cheap restaurants near the resort. Agadir was a lovely town, everything was within walking distance which was nice. We booked our vacation through Sunway and then booked excursions for Morocco through them, they were fantastic!

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and soap with you!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple