Located on the southern end of the Agadir beach, this is a comfortable and friendly hotel where we enjoyed a six-night stay. There is plenty of parking outside the front door should you have a hire car, and petit taxis are always available if you need one. It is a gentle 1/2hr stroll up the beach or promenade to the port and marina. A five-minute drive to the Marjane hypermarket for all your fixed price local food and presents if you don't snap up a bargain in the souks.
The rooms are tidy and while the junior suite is spacious, you don't gain any real benefits, and sadly the block does suffer from noise during the evenings from the music (it would appear that this is not a problem if you are in the main blocks of rooms). The only real complaint in the room beyond the noise is the lack of any in room tea/coffee, though you can bring drinks up with you from the bar.
The piano bar should be reported to trading standards (should such a thing exist in Morocco) as every night a crooner and his 1980s keyboard entertain the saga generation. However the staff are generous in their drinks, and the local brands are fine (and if you really need import labels these are available at a cost). Free wifi in the main reception atrium was generally okay and email and internet seemed to work nearly 24/7 with any downtime limited.
The all inclusive is very good, with a wide range of breakfast options in the main restaurant, two locations for lunch including the outdoor cafe, and two options for dinner; self serve with a wide selection (during our stay there were two Moroccon special evenings), and a bookable waiter service restaurant but this was only open twice during our stay. The bars can be busy, but the staff friendly, and if you know a bit of French, you will go a long way. Crepes and pastries served at 4pm every day ensure you don't get hungary here! The house wine is perfectly adequate and didn't find the need to upgrade to the wine menu.
English is spoken by many staff, but not reliable. Two broken lights and a power failure in our room was fixed quickly, and even followed up with a phone call from the front desk to make sure everything was okay.
A relaxed, clean and well catered hotel, just lacking a little sophistication in the piano bar. A beach view is recommended as the sun sets are a lovely way to end your day on the balcony. Most guests seem to here on package deals, but as a self-booker we did not seem to be disadvantaged in any way. Would come again if the occasion arose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Founty Beach is an all-inclusive 4-star hotel in Morocco, on the Atlantic Ocean. Located very close to a beach of fine sand and less than a half mile from the centre of Agadir, Morocco's main tourist centre, the IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel is the ideal accommodation for enjoying the beauty and culture of Morocco. Spectacular ocean views. The IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel is located on the shore of Agadir beach, a beautiful fine sand beach where you can practice a variety of aquatic sports. Most rooms offer beautiful views of the ocean. A hotel in Agadir with complete facilities. The IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel offers comfortable and spacious rooms, several pools, a spa and beauty area, restaurants and bars, conference and congress rooms for guests wanting to organise successful business events. In addition, the IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel offers the opportunity to play many sports within its premises. Delicious Moroccan gastronomy. Five modern facilities offer the best in domestic and international cuisine. The most exquisite Moroccan candies, delicacies from around the world, a buffet and an a la carte restaurant ... and drinks at the Lobby Bar with the soothing sounds of live piano in the background. Premium Wi-Fi. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to six devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Iberostar Founty Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Founty Beach Hotel Agadir
- Iberostar Hotel Agadir
- Iberostar Hotel Founty Beach
- Founty Beach Hotel
- Founty Beach Agadir