“bad staff”

Hotel Club Al Moggar
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Hotel location very beautiful, NO HOSPITALITY, hotel staff bring their friends and families for free of charges to the hotel.I wonder what the managers of this hotel do like job during the day if they do not care about their guest. front desk want to charge me to have a refrigerator inside my room after all i accept because i do not have choice, but they never bring it to me. towels very aged. pool attendant , the only nice person in this hotel. It is so disappointing, it is so beautiful place ruining by some bad staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed for 1 week in Al Moggar and I'm just pleased that my friend and I were good friends before we went as otherwise we might not have been able to keep our sense of humour! We found the hotel to be really mixed but only had 1 day out of 7 where nothing went wrong! I think that anyone booking at this hotel should be aware that it is basic (which is fine), it's very disorganised, you can't organise trips through the hotel, you don't get any information about the hotel (meal times etc) and staff can be quite rude and then you'll know what to expect.
We stayed B&B which I'm really glad we did as breakfast was one meal too many - it was a free for all with not enough food put down so when staff would bring more food out, people were grabbing it off the plate before it was set down (same with glasses and plates). If you got a fresh bread roll or croissant then it was fine, but after our first morning, most of them were stale so we ended up not having breakfast at the hotel for the last 4 mornings.
our first room looked clean and was in a good location but the air con didn't work, our towels were removed and not replaced until we phoned reception and there was a used condom in the drawer of the bedside table. The last straw for the room was that we found a cockroach running around the room and couldn't catch it to remove it. We went to reception to ask if someone could help us and the lady on reception said "tomorrow" and then walked into the back office. My friend called her back and said that we wanted it removed now and "tomorrow" was repeated. A man then came through and was great and sorted us out a new room.
The new room was fine except that we had to call at least twice a day to say that the water wasn't working which meant no toilet or shower. This room was also nosier as we were closer to the 'nightclub' which belted out tunes until 1.30 am. We were also woken on 2 occasions by cleaning staff who were having a big row in the corridor and then in the room next door.
I decided to go for a massage which be warned, isn't a massage!
To top off our holiday, my friend was called "promiscuous" by a member of staff at breakfast (she was wearing a skirt and vest top at the time!)
To finish on a high though, some of the staff were friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: don't have a room near the main building as the "nightclub" will keep you awake till 1...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Club Al Moggar Garden Beach in Aggadir. I have to say though, that this was way below the standards of anywhere else we stayed in Morocco, although one of the more expensive places (this could have been because it was Moroccan school holidays).

Locating the hotel initially after dark was quite tricky - the building frontage to the road is relatively small & not all the lights on the sign are not working, so it is hard to spot. Parking outside is chaotic, particularly, in the evenings, although in the end, we managed to find a place.

Checking was smooth - from there, it is quite a long walk to the actual rooms. Rooms are basic - there are no real decorative touches & no mini-bar etc. Bathroom felt very plain, with a basic shower etc. Only a small soap was provided, no shampoo etc. Generally the feel was only slightly up-market from a UK holiday camp chalet type accomodation.

Breakfast was poor - it seemed like a complete free for all, with a mad rush by people to grab new piles of plates etc as they arrived. Big containers held synthetic orange & lemon juice & there were tables of fairly cheap pastrys. It was possible to get hot omelettes & doughnuts, but the queue for this could take more than 20 minutes. Overall the ambience was more like a Sealink ferry from the early 1980s, rather than a hotel.

The swimming pools look impressive in photos - the reality was that they did not seem to have the same wow factor when you actually see them - and they were generally very crowded.

Fortunately our room was located in one of the more secluded corners of the site - if it had been by the main pool, it would be very noisy during the day.

We briefly saw the evening entertainment taking place at the hotel - that looked fairly dire & worth avoiding - again quite "holiday camp" in style.

The good points were the location - right by the beach, with a separate exit to it direct from the hotel pool area. From there, there were a lot more restaurants etc - in hindsight it would have been better to go to one of these to get a far better breakfast for a small extra cost.

Room Tip: Avoid ones near the main pool if you want quiet during the day. Go for the upper level ones for bett...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mat8iou
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our family have stayed here three times now and have always had a fantastic time.The staff cant do enough for you (Those who complain should realise that English to them is-at best- their third language)
We only ever stay B+B.Who in their right mind would stay HB or FB when right outside the door that leads to the prom are at least 30 restaurants serving fresh food at a very affordable price?
Yes Club Al Moggar isnt swish but hey your on holiday in Morrocco,Which is a poor country,so dont expect your sky tv and all the comforts that youd expect in an affluant resort.
In closing i would strongly advise folk that are considering staying here do not be put off by the negative reviewes .Only book B+B and ask for a ground floor room overlooking the quiet pool and you will not be dissapointed.
Oh and forgot to add the location is amazing.There is a manned doorway that leads directly on to the magnificent prom

Room Tip: Small pool = quiet large pool = noisey with music and entertainment all day
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank royalplebian
Reviewed April 8, 2012

terrible hotel! stayed here as a family in aug 2010
flies all over the food! nothing covered up at all
weak tasting orange juice dry bread and cereals
rooms small and no kettle which you think they would provide considering it was 48 degress
the so called golf looked liked it hadnt been used in a decade and lots of stray cats around starving very sad to see
didnt like morocco one bit, old , dirty and lots of beggars and the camel experience is too be avoided at all costs all we did was go around a so called village, which was nothing more than a rubbish tip! avoid.

Room Tip: dont pick this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lizziejayne
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've travelled all over the world and stayed in every possible class of hotel (partner is a pilot). I booked this as a last minute,low cost trip for some sun with my 13 y/o son. I have to say for what I paid I was more than impressed. The rooms were small but very clean and comfortable and everything worked fine. The shower was awesome and we never had issues with hot water, the location at the busier end of the beach is perfect as there isn't really a 'busy' end,its quite relaxed full stop (but beware,the opposite end is far too quiet). The staff were genuinely friendly and approachable throughout and it wasn't just for tips,a sad reflection on other parts of the world. I would definitely recommend the Al-Moggar,especially if you have kids in tow. I would definitely return to the hotel and probably will.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Mayfairjock
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Spent a week here in February 2012. I had been here three years ago and enjoyed the experience then, so I came back.

My recent experience wasn't a bad one at all. This is a very nice hotel, ideally placed pretty much next to the beach and local cafes. The pool area is nice with a snack bar, though the pool itself has no heating and the water was cold! Bit of a challenge on some days.

The hotel does have its own sectioned area on the beach, though I did not use this.

I stayed half board - breakfast and evening meal.

This time round however there were a few minor details which detracted from my stay. The food range was not as extensive (most likely due to less people), and I am getting tired of hlaf-board (or all inclusive) places as the food they generally serve is rather bland.

Although there seems to be less people there were a lot of families with free-range kids. When you want to enjoy a quiet drink in the evening it doesn't help with groups of children screaming past you. It was the same around the grounds in the daytime.

They had a datime 'animation' team but they didn't seem to be putting on any activities - they did in Feb 2009. So the kids were bored.

For some reason certain items were on the menu in the snack bar, but not available - particulary draught beer. So you ended up paying more for bottled beer.

As I say my stay was okay, and wasn't bad. But they do need to pick their game up a bit.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on ground level - you get more privacy
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo