“Great location, fantastic hospitality, and most of all a very authentic Moroccan Riad”

Foutour & Sarir Riad
Ranked #20 of 58 Agadir B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at this location with my family, we were welcomed with a feast of authentic Moroccan tagine for the first night. The staff were very hospitable, making breakfast in the morning for us, and evening tea and coffee companied with a fine shisha!! Staff were also effectively our tour guides around Agadir as well, providing us with the right links to get what we needed I.e. Car rentals, nearby restaurants. With the beautiful beach a couple of minutes away, it really was the ideal location for our family in the summer! Would recommend it to anyone considering an authentic Moroccan place to stay in! Absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked this Riad for 6 retired professional ladies. when we arrived at night it was clear that we were not at the place the photos were taken. The next morning we found ourselves in a house in a poor area with 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms. No pillows,nowhere to hang anything up,no storage,no washing machine,no iron,no afternoon tea,poor breakfasts. bedrooms without windows,no air con.Staffing was two young guys who slept on the settees on the roof terrace.When we tried to speak to Abdul we were told he was in England. I emailed him through the trip advisor site and he appeared within the hour! He said that the family had 3 places in Agadir and agreed that the photos were a composite of all 3 properties. He wanted to know what we expected for the money we had paid and said that he had had hookers and hen parties before! We had two disabled members of our party who struggled throughout our stay. Abdul said we should have told him that we wanted disabled access! Our holiday was spoilt by this family and I would hate to see other people caught in the same trap.

Room Tip: One bedroom had a window but it was about a metre away from a neighbours house which was very noisy...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank erica12
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Be careful, this riad is a big SCAM! First of all, it's not a riad at all, because it doesn't have any patio. It's a normal poor Moroccan house with some ridiculous tasteless decoration. Owners put a FAKE DESCRIPTION on booking.com to sell it for a higher price: there is NO PRIVATE BATHROOM (in fact it's only one for the whole house), no A/C, no phone... and even no windows! Instead of a 5-star breakfast that you see in the picture you get only bread and butter. Owners do their best to show that they don't care about you or the riad: they never apologized for not answering the phone while I was desperately trying to find the riad, for making me wait to get the key to my room, for the absence of private bathroom and other services that were in riad's description, for a sleepless night because of the owner's dog who was barking in the room next to mine, etc....The place itself was dirty and I had to wait until my room was cleaned. I didn't get a single smile or a sign of friendliness from at this place...The owner was not happy when I asked to leave my luggage till the evening and when I came to get it, she didn't let me in but handled it to me through the door. The whole thing seems to be an unofficial underground business: no sign at the entrance, no check-in papers, no receipt for payment... And the worst thing: they scammed me with payment! They charged me 100% from my card and 50% by cash at the riad! So, it seems like a good business: first they attract you by unexisting services, fake pictures and description, then charge you a double price! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Olga_kuzn
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here in June for 5 days and was really happy with the experience. The rooms have feel authentic Moroccan and are bright, spacious, well-equipped and really well looked after. All the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and very courteous - giving us some tips on cool little places to visit in Agadir which made our trip even more special.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Foutour to anyone looking for a family-run, non-chain and good value place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The website I found this riad on has since removed them because of what I experienced when I arrived in Agadir. They had double booked rooms (mine and other people's). I had to wait outside in the sun while they attempted to find an alternative, trying to kill time by showing me the beach for example. Only taken to sit in the riad after I demanded somewhere to wait. Highly unprofessional manner - told me that mistakes happen and that I should have just found somewhere else like normal - peak season most places fully booked. In the end I was put up with a Moroccan family for more money. Sana, the young lady whose parents own the riad, kept sighing and swearing in Moroccan - she begrudgingly paid a small portion of what I had to pay for new accommodation. One night she even moved another person in upstairs in the same house and disturbed me sleeping so she could come into the bedroom and find out wifi codes etc. if you're going to rush staying here, call first. The riad wasn't that great - not in the best area and lots of rubbish outside and on the streets.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Dann_stevenson
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed here for 5 nights and we were simply happy.
The Riad is great, staff helpful and very professional and we adored the welcome and the attentions given to the guests. We really felt well treated.
The location gives you all the flexibility you need - Its a 10 minute walk to the traditional market and less than a 10 minute cab to the Marina, amazing food. A really enjoyable stay. Recommended !!
We will return for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just returned from our holiday in Riad Foutour and Sarir. It was our best holiday.We've really enjoyed spending evenings at the roof terrace equipped with cosy outdoor seating with a range of different fixtures such as hammocks, sofas, loungers, mattresses. Our double room was very cosy, clean and comfortable. Staff is very helpful and friendly, but still very professional. It’s great value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple