“Cockroaches”

Ranked #72 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cockroaches”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I paid extra to book a room with a fridge but when in bed the first night I saw a cockroach running across the kitchen area. We called someone to get rid of it (who was very nice) but there were 3 more. We moved rooms twice to other studios but they were also crawling with cockroaches. Finally we were moved to a regular room and they plonked a fridge in the middle of the room. They gave me a basket of fruit and a bottle of water by way of an apology but didn't offer to refund the extra I had paid for the studio room when they moved us from the studio.

Having said that, I did stay an extra day so it couldn't have been that bad (once I was in a cockroach free room).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tanya M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Me and my friend stayed here for 2 weeks at the beginning of September. We chose the hotel because it was so cheap. When we arrived we found the room clean and simple, there is however no fridge in the normal rooms. The location of the Hotel is brilliant, it's close to shops, the beach, bars and restaurants! We didn't eat at the hotel so i can't comment on the food there. The music was loud but we are young so didn't mind, but the hotel is massive and i know you could get moved if you wanted and wouldn't hear the music. The cleaners and pool/maintenance staff were such lovely people, the room was always immaculate, fresh towels etc every day, and sunbeds were brought round to us when we stepped outside the door!!! The pools were cleaned every day. We had no complaints at all and i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Agadir on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kimberley198
Manchester
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Tagadirt was all I could afford so I can't really complain but it wasn't as nice as I expected it to be. It had a curious mix of guests - backpackers, Moroccans and English and European package holidayers. The main problem is with its location - above the noisy English pub that has karaoke belting out EVERY night until 2 or 3am. That said the hotel was relatively clean, breakfast was bland but sufficient, my room was kept clean and I felt quite happy. The staff on reception were not as friendly as they could have been. A friend came to see me once - I wasn't in, they left a message, the staff didn't pass it on - I found that annoying. Also I was there in Aug/Sept during the Moroccan holidays. I didn't use the hotel pool once because it was monopolised by Moroccans and I found their manner intimidating. Thankfully I preferred to go to the beach anyway. This hotel is fine for clubbers who go to bed late but anyone else who wants to sleep during the night - forget it. The English pub will keep you awake. Yes, the Tagadirt is cheap 'n' cheerful but I will go elsewhere in Agadir next time.

Room Tip: Well away from the English pub.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JohnnyBManchester
Paris, France
Reviewed August 29, 2012

after our reservation by the website "hotelclub.com" which is also a worse service website ! this website did not send any reservation to the hotel, and deducted the full amount from my card . anyway we could have our entry since we printed the voucher that was sent to us from the site. After checking in, we got suprised by the room that was smelling dust and it looks like it was not opened for ages!
We have put down our things to go eat, after coming back at night , i was suprised with the presence of someone who opened my room's door for me from the inside ! guess what, it was a thieve who got in from the window, he was holding my Laptop in his hands and preparing to go out from my room. The best thing is that the thieve was in the hotel as well, right next to our room. Hopefully, the laptop was not stolen it is because I had a fight with the thieve, and I was able to knock him down on the ground, unfortunately he was able to escape. when the police came in, and after investigation, the guy was from Algeria. My wife was so traumatised that we had to go look for another hotel to spend our first night. We asked for our reemboursement, they replied that they can't since the Website HOTELCLUB.COM, did not give them money yet.
Never go ot this hotel, you'll get deceived, and never use HOTELCLUB.COM, it's even worse !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank letelien

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my friend have stayed in Apart Hotel Tagadirt for 2 days in February. This is a budget hotel, but clean and with a very good location. Breakfast was also good, and there is an internet wi-fi in the lobby. Hotel is situated in a big garden, with little swimming pools and lots of flowers. We really enjoyed that. Rooms are huge, but furniture is rather old (design from the '70:) . The same with bathroom, which is spacious but used. Still, everything is clean ! If you look for a budget hotel, near the beach this would be a good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kotbury
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two weeks in July and had an amazing time - the hotel is in a great location close to the beach and restaurants, is extremely clean and is decent value for money.

If you're on a budget and looking for a good base to explore the wider area, I would definitely recommend staying here. We rented a 'studio' room, which came with a basic kitchen and fridge, which was a godsend for saving cash on breakfast and snacks (eating out is not the cheapest)

The cleaners work phenomenally hard and bring fresh towels and toilet roll daily, and the rooms are spacious, with a pleasant balcony (although ours had no real view). There is hot water. Two comfortable, single beds.

However, a few serious criticisms. There is no aircon - or even fan - in any of the rooms. The Atlantic breeze in Agadir keeps the climate fresh, but there were still a few nights when the temperature became very uncomfortable. If you're travelling in July or August, I'd consider buying an electric fan.

As others have pointed out, there is non-stop, loud, awful music blasting out of knackered old speakers near the pool, making it hard to relax if you just want to sit back and read etc.

Our room was tucked away towards the back of the maze-like complex, so we had no problems with noise, but we came across others who had to request a change of room because they were too close to the pool. The hotel bar also plays loud Moroccan karaoke into the night.

All in all we had a great time and judging by the look of some other places in Agadir, Tagadirt is a very good choice for an average quality, budget hotel.

But for those who prefer the air-conditioned quiet life, perhaps think again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pool area, and from the hotel bar
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The easyjet website gave this a 3 star rating!! Really?!! What room dd they stay in?! It may be budget ( although not that cheap) but certain things should be standard? Some sort of air con is needed.. 48 degrees with no air con is unbearable.. A kettle be good..Had to move rooms twice due to the daily disco noise till gone one am... rave music by the pool during the day? Were all trying to relax by the pool!! Breakfast basic but ok... Saving grace is restaurant opposite called best food...three course meal for 5 quid! Close to beach so handy if just a bed... No tvs and shower hanging off wall.. Won't stay here again... Should be 2 star!

• Stayed July 2012