“you too will like it”

Ryad Mogador Al Madina
Ranked #58 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed July 3, 2014

we spent 5 nights in ths hotel .its quiet and relaxing.we took a lot of stairs to reach our room but its worth it bc our room overlooks the swimming pool.we just open the door and we are three metres from the pool.the staff are nice but breakfast buffet does not offer a big choice.you will enjoy the typical moroccan decoration and the wonderful view of the ocean.but if u are keen on alcoholic drinks this hotel does not serve alcohol...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank nounou44
There are newer reviews for Ryad Mogador Al Madina

Reviewed May 27, 2014

There is no way this hotel should be rated 4*.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and it is clean. They are really the only two positives I can find with the property itself other than its location, which I thought was good.

I stayed on a B&B basis for two weeks and I booked two days before I went there.

Having reviewed comments on here for this and many other properties before I booked I knew I was taking a bit of a chance but thought it couldn't be that bad.......

The restaurant would appear to have been last decorated in the 1980's as the wallpaper/colour schemes are the same now. Breakfast has the same offerings everyday with NO variation and if you wanted an omelette you had to pay extra. Seems silly to me.

The food and beverage offerings at the pool bar were limited to chicken or cheese sandwich or Panini accompanied by some very sad salad and French fries. They ran out of diet coke and didn't replenish it for two days.

The pool was freezing cold at all times.

The room décor is tired and dated but the room was clean and comfortable with plenty of hot water at all times. However on three occasions where the towels were taken away in the morning by housekeeping they were not replaced until the evening which was inconvenient. They didn't seem to have enough towels either for the hotel or around the pool as they always seemed to have to rush to the laundry to get fresh supplies and the hotel was never really that busy during my two weeks there.

They move the laundry around the property using old supermarket trolleys which are frequently wheeled across the pool terrace which is noisy and not great when the point of your trip was rest and relaxation.

No receipts are ever issued by the exchange counter as the rate is fixed at 13.1 dirhams. Seems odd to me that they didn't issue a receipt. I wonder how they do their other accounting!

To me it felt as if the hotel is being rundown prior to closure. Most of the boulevard shop units on street level were empty and my general feeling was that it was being run down.

It need investment in decoration, better lighting in the lobby and generally a lot of TLC.

During my first four days the WIFI worked in my room which was great. Then it stopped working for two days completely and when it was restored it only worked in the lobby lounge or restaurant. When I asked at the front desk if it would be available in the rooms again I was told in a very offhand manner that it doesn't work in the rooms and that if I had had it, I had been very lucky!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor for seaviews and to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Pipsta45
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Not a 4 Star as we would know it but still quite acceptable. Staff are friendly and welcoming. The hotel and all of Agadir seems very quiet. Hardly a British accent to be heard.
I would recommend this as a place to come for a budget holiday with some warm sunshine. That brings it back to 4 stars :-)

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Polly S
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this massive hotel at 11pm, although the hotel was quite, the staff were exceptionally friendly. I found the layout of the hotel clean but very big and difficult to find my way around. The interior decor is marble and very much suited the Moroccan theme. I do however remember the elevators to be extremely small. The rooms which we stayed in were not like your usual hotel rooms, the layout was very much like a open apartment area, which was very nice indeed, the rooms were spacious and clean although one of our windows was cracked. The bathroom is nice and big. Breakfast was fantastic although lacks meats, however you will find freshly cooked pancakes which were outstanding, the break selection is also good, the staff are also very friendly. The swimming pool however was cold at all times. There is a spa in the hotel which is over so expensive, local hammams are better and cheaper. The local is fantastic, about 10min walk from the beach and many restrauants nearby. Overall a good stay,

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Travelerleon
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is nice, but more a 3 stars than 4. The staff is very kind and helpful. The furnitures need a renew. The buffet is different every day, but they should change the menu to a Moroccan one, instead to cook international dishes that do no have any taste.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Plumeria40
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a week Full Board at The Ryad Mogador Al Madina in Agadir- From 1st March until 8th March 2014.
Let me start by saying that Agadir far exceeded our expectations in that it is far more culterally forward than we expected.
The hotel lies not on the beach but some 5 or so minutes through a walkway down to the very very large promande. This promande has a very modern Marina at one end and then stretches past many 4 and 5 star hotels off in the other direction.
The Al Madina is quite large but relatively low rise. We had and excellent balcony room on the top ( second floor with both a pool and sea view).
We were meet with extreme courtesy right from first checking in through to checking out.
The staff were all very friendly without exception.
As mentioned above - were were on full board and if there was any concerns it would be that the food was quite repetitious but always to a fairly high standard and we didnt endure any tummy problems.
Our room was spotlessly clean and one the one occasion that towels had not been left it was remedied immediately.
The Wifi was sluggish at times and I guess a major issue for some people - although not for us - is the fact that alcohol is not severed in the hotel - but freely available elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank helpfulpair
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were dissapointed ! It hardly reminded me of a hotel : rooms ( are flat and cubic) were not clean . Towels were dirty and in bad condition. Staff were not coperative and some did not understand what is the mean of service ...Avoid!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business