“HORRIBLE HOTEL! NOT RECOMMENDED” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ryad Mogador Al Madina

Ryad Mogador Al Madina
Ranked #53 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
London, United Kingdom
“HORRIBLE HOTEL! NOT RECOMMENDED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

too much to go into... so I'll keep it brief:
-the staff- bar a couple of them were not very nice and did not provide a good service.
-Hotel room was dirty and not up to standard, we had to request a change of room
-hotel restaurants were closed without any notice or advisory on website
-Terrible selection of food. Only 6 options to chose from and it was very repetitive. Do NOT expect a full continental breakfast either it was the same food day in day out with very limited choice
-no evening entertainment, hotel was empty... I understand why!

only positive... the beach was very close...

Not worth the money.

Do not stay at this hotel you will be brutally disappointed

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank APA5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel is 4*, I would grant it 3* in European standards. But it is comparable to 4* hotels in Egypt. We had great view over the ocean, room was very spacious, bathroom and WC also big. A lot of place for luggage, clothes etc. The balcony was however really small (to be honest you can only open the doors and this is all).
What I did not like:
- wifi only in lobby
- bathroom was not very clean - hairs of other guests or maids (??) in the bathroom and in WC not cleaned for 3 days (sic!)
- fridge was out of order
- poor selection of TV channels - mainly Arabic
- no facilities on the beach

We were on HB basis. Only the first day both meals were fine. Next days it was just the same (no meat for breakfast) and supper was mainly Moroccan - tajins and chickens. Desserts are great. You must pay extra 20 MAD per drinks for supper - bottle of water or cans or juices are available.
Pool is rather small, but sunbeds for all guests are available.

Generally it is interesting place if you want to spend your holidays in Agadir. It is quite cheap comparing to other hotels in Agadir.

Room Tip: ask fo rocean view - we had no. 130
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank maxima20
Redditch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just back after 1 week stay at the ryad mogador (15th to 22nd June 2013), a very last minute booking for us. The hotel: the hotel is very clean and the rooms are very spacious , ours was placed very well with a balcony which was nice. It is true that the hotel is in need of a lick of paint and possibly some new or refurbed furniture but after saying that it is very reasonably priced .
The food: well the food is typical holiday company tick box all inclusive/half board fodder sadly very little local cuisine on offer, but when there was it was thoroughly enjoyable. the deserts are fantastic, made by an up and coming kitchen worker (who tells me he is not yet a chef) . The breakfasts are large buffet, breads, cakes, cereal, cheese and meat, scabled eggs? Boiled eggs and grilled tomatoes, semolina soup.
The staff: I have read varying reviews on here re the staff, well in my experience the staff are fantastic, they are friendly, hard working, welcoming and so very very happy to have you there it is a breath of fresh air. Not one bad experience, cursed look or abrupt moment did we witness, these staff make this hotel a pleasure to visit, if I judged it on the staff alone I would give it 5 stars.
My view on the whole hotel is a 2 1/2 to 3star purely because it needs an upgrade and some TLC. Owners of the ryad need to invest in this as I believe if they did coupled with the loyalty and the commitment from the staff would make this place a gold mine that would soon earn a 5 star rating.
Agadir itself is lovely when you are off the beaten track, the town itself a little to built up for me, nightclubs, bars , McDonald's etc, i appreciate this would suit more people though.
Yes I would recommend it as a holiday destination but I would recommend you do some research before you go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family & I just got back from a week's stay at Ryad Mogador Agadir, its suppose to be a 4* hotel but in my opinion its not even worthy of 1* the staff were very unfriendly & unhelpful,as i requested an iron only to be told that the hotel does not have an iron, i've never known a hotel without an iron. Room service was terrible the leaner had just put towels in the bathroom that were actually dirty & breakfast really didn't meet up to standard, I've stayed in a 3* hotel and the breakfast was 100 times better, so glad I had only booked for half board. The swimming pool wasn't any better either. Rating this hotel 1* as far as i am concerned is too good it should be rated as-5*. I'm not one to complain normally but this time I just had to let others know what they are paying for. I could go on the list is endless but I have only touched on the main points.

Room Tip: just do not even stay at this hotel - respect your money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a really great stay here at Al Madina Palace, the rooms are spacious and clean, and ours had a balcony which was a nice extra that we weren't expecting!
The pool is brilliant and seemed so quiet when we were there! (the water is a little cold but perfect after a hot day out)
Breakfast was a big buffet, plenty to chose from with fresh juice and coffee.
Staff were really friendly.

There were only a couple of cons to our stay, nothing that particularly bothered us but might be worth mentioning:
- Air con wasn't working in our room, though the maids left the doors open for us. We could have mentioned it to reception but chose not to as we were only staying 3 nights, might bother someone staying for longer.
- We didn't know about the clocks changing during our stay, this wasn't really the hotels responsibility to inform us but it meant we missed breakfast on our final day, they were unwilling to make us anything even though we'd only missed it by 10 mins! might be nice to let guests know as they're checking in so this doesn't happen in future

Overall it was a really nice stay, perfect location and beautiful building (much more like the traditional Moroccan architecture, unlike a lot of Agadir)

Enjoy!

Room Tip: When booking we asked for a room with a balcony and got one, proves it's always worth asking!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have just got back from a 1 week stay at the Ryad Mogador in May 2013 and we found the staff very friendly and helpful . The hotel has 206 rooms our room had a lovely view and a good sized balcony.. We went on half board basis there was always a good choice of food . They even opened up for breakfast at 6am so that people going on early morning day trips can have their breakfast before leaving, Even tho there are many rooms there was always sunbeds available around the pool and the pool manager was really helpful and had a great sense of humor they even provide your towels to use around the pool . There's also a poolside bar that sells snacks and soft drinks at good prices and the top roof terrace has lovely views, The cleaners clean your room daily and change the towels on a daily basis too even if you don't need them changing. The location of the hotel is just a short walk to the beautiful beach which really comes alive at night i went with my Mum and we felt really safe nobody hassled us and we had a good laugh with the locals. Agadir is beautiful and the people are so friendly i will be going back to Agadir and i would stay at the Ryad Mogador again..

One thing i would say is take good sun cream the weather is hot it was 36 when we was there in may and is only going to get warmer Agadir has a lovely breeze so you don't realise how hot it can be and thats what can burn you.

Visit the souks in Agadir a small taxi will take you there for 15 DH which is £1.30 and barter with them it's such good fun and you'll get yourself a good bargain

I love Morocco i have been all over but it was my first time in Agadir but not my last

Room Tip: When book see if they have a option to ask for balcony because not all rooms have them and the views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vicki w
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The moment of writing this review, I am sad to leave this hotel but I am happy to come back again, well done to the staff, the warmed welcome we had at the start, made us feel we are at home, We booked for 7 days, everyday we did enjoying it , I know the weather isn't part of the hotel but its like sky with stars , big thank you to all staff.specialy to Fatna ( Sofiane trouble maker)

Stayed May 2013