“PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK! Gross, horrible”
Review of Hotel Le Tivoli

Hotel Le Tivoli
Ranked #71 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed August 16, 2013

PLEASE READ!!! We as a family of 4, we booked this hotel for 6 nights all inclusive. We stayed at marrakech 6 days prior to this in a fantastic hotel. We did read a few reviews about this hotel just after we booked it. And thought we would make our on mind up.lol how wrong was we. The company we booked this through advertised this hotel as "a fantastic getaway break for the hole family"... Was we wrong!! Oh yes!! This hotel is a ****hole it's damp, dirty, makes you feel ill, the bathrooms are disgusting, the air con is none existing, there is building works going on, the bottom of the pool is BLACK!!, the pool surroundings is grotty, the food is horrendous, there is paving slabs dangerously sticking up everywhere, manhole covers missing on drains. All the sun loungers are filthy and broken and the plastic covers look like they have never been cleaned, a hazardous& poisonous container just by the pool.... I could go on forever. We stayed ONE NIGHT!! we had two rooms one for my wife and I, and the other for My 22 year old daughter and 13 year old son. They never wanted to stay in there room, we all stayed in ours (1111)with our clothes on. In the morning we checked our self out returned to marrakech. Please use this review and save your money which You've worked hard for and choose another hotel. The one good thing about this hotel is seeing it disappear in your mirrors as you leave

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Lee R

Reviewed August 14, 2013

the hotel is going through renovations so expect changes happening at ur own eyes, the place itself is really charming: white walls with blue decorations, palms, flowers blooming pink, red and yellow, with thousands of stairs and as far as I notice not many ramps (so be prepare to carry ur stuff!!), rooms are specious, our balcony had a spectacular view of the ocean, bathroom was maybe not the newest but clean with bidet, cleaned every single day, the restaurant: well the weakest point actually, breakfasts were ok, fresh rolls, cakes etc, dinners well ... nothing special but always fresh and there were few good restaurants around so one could try country's specialities (and for those in need: two McDonald's at a walking distance:) the beach: about 10 minutes walk with free sunbeds unfortunatelly in a broken condition most of them:( but once you reach there the ocean is just great.... and you can walk both ways for hours enjoying the waves and the sun: AMAZING, also if you are a girl expect locals to guide and entertain you, the city itself is quite nice and friendly, you can walk to most of the attractions or use the minitaxis- but remember to ask for the meter, there are many local tourist offices to help you to organise transport to wherever u want, we used the one which is just right to the hotel and it was ok and according to what we pay for, so to resume: dont expect too much and you will be positively surprised, enjoy:0

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olasta
Reviewed August 8, 2013

So as the first point to arrive in Morocco, my girlfriend and I didn't really know what to expect as far as accommodations. I saw this secret deal for Agadir and thought it would be great to maybe try an advertised 3/4 star accommodation. Well, there is a reason it is a secret deal - they were undergoing a massive renovation and had just (as far as I could tell) changed management. I'm not doubting that the hotel was out one point really nice, nor that it was a bad place in general. It was a little disappointing though, to have stayed at the price point we were offered, which for the rest of our two weeks in Morocco would have put us into a really nice Riad (bed and breakfast).

About the hotel itself. It looked like it could have possibly lain vacant for a while, as the courtyard our room overlooked was overgrown, unkept, and a bit littered. The pool was essentially inaccessible as construction was taking place all around it, and my girlfriend didn't exactly want to be ogled by builders when trying to relax. The location is on the south end of the main tourist area, but not all too far from the beach. Breakfast was average more or less, could have had more protein options. The staff seemed nice enough, and I can't blame them for having construction. But I do blame management for advertising it as a secret deal on Hotels.com, only to have expectations a little underwhelmed.

My recommendation for the hotel: When you finish construction, change your name or ask TripAdvisor for a fresh start. You have potential, just don't pretend to be 3/4 stars if nothing is able to be used. Essentially a motel.

For travelers: Look for something a little further north, especially in the next few months as construction is still underway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank splowes
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have just had to book my son, daughter in law and grandchildren into another hotel (I am still in the UK) as they arrived to this hell hole to find no amenties at all (Ok, fair enough) but it was dirty, damp and the rooms suink. (not at all acceptable) the electrics are lethal and the whole of the hotel outdoor space is a safety/health hazard. They will be leaving their own review with the photo's and video they have but I feel it is my duty to warn you......DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!!
However, my daughter in law said the staff were lovely, embarressed but lovely.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Runt2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked this hotel despite the conflicting views on here, truth is that I managed to get such a good price for all inclusive it wouldnt really of mattered if the hotel was that bad and we had had to have gone out to eat and hang out on the beach every day. Yes there were renovations going on and it was quite pleasant to see that improvements were being made, our room was freshly painted, the halls newly carpeted and new fluffy towels in the bathroom.

The food was pleasant enough, my teenagers ate well finding something every mealtime to fill them up and the service was very good. It was refreshing to be able to lie out beside the pool whenever we liked with no competition for space and the animation team were brilliant.

Not too sure that this would be the place to take smaller children but my family thought it was an "okay" hotel even if the bar area was a little dated.

My top tip - turn left when you walk out of the hotel, dont cross the road and walk past the roundabout with the fountain, there is a handful of shops and of these one is a FIXED PRICE shop, my daughter picked up some jars that another shop wanted 200 dirham each for and got the set of three for 200!

Im sure that when the renovations are completed this will be a fantastic hotel but for the holiday we just had there it was incredible value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks and every morning were woken up by the workmen using a kango drill or other electrical tools,this started by 8a.m. it states the beach is 250 metres away when in fact it's 1000 metres,the hotel has no amenities that it says it has. No spa,Jacuzzi,indoor pool,or gym,it's a 20 minute walk to civilization once you get past all the beggers,oh and they don't exchange your currency to there's at the hotel.the staff are nice but they seem embarrassed to keep offering fish or chicken for lunch and dinner,they do not cater for the English tourists.we were told by the locals that the hotel is in financial difficulties and have had no maintenance on the property for 17 years. I looked at the reviews of this hotel and thought people were just moaning but unfortunately they were right and its ruined the holiday :(

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sarah160
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Initially the hotel looks good - lovely gardens and not far from the sea.The rooms are a reasonable size -and that's the end of the good points. The room I was first allocated had water dripping through the light fitting in the bathroom. In all 3 rooms given to my group the paint in the bathroom was peeling and there was mould around the ceiling and bath sealant. The bed linen and towels were clean but had seen better days. The breakfast is OK if you like oranges, prunes and bread. They also serve up some dried beans day after day. Unfortunately we had booked half board. The evening meal was dreadful we tried it 3 times before going to La Lampara across the road - excellent. We complained to the management who agreed to reimburse the cost of our food at the other restaurant if we gave them a receipt. However there was never anyone available to see us once we had obtained the receipt. The sunbeds around the pool are old and broken and there is much bird mess in this area which is not cleared up. The fitness area is a health hazard. There is no hot water for showers and you have to walk through puddles with water leaking onto your head to get to the hamman. again a vast amount of mould in this region.
The management said they would be making changes and the hotel will be given a new name in April - Blue Sky Le Tivoli I think he said so beware. When is the star rating reviewed?

Room Tip: go to another hotel. Thomas Cook sent their customers to another once they had seen Le Tivoli.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends