“Brilliant Hotel and the most Amazing Staff.”
Review of Agador Tamlelt

Agador Tamlelt
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Clacton-on-Sea. Essex. England
“Brilliant Hotel and the most Amazing Staff.”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My husband and I arrived at this hotel, which is part of the Carribean Village Resort, on the 7th Februay for a two week holiday. We changed our destination from Egypt due to the political situation and were not sure what to expect as we had never considered Morocco as a destination but always thought of it as an interesting place. We were met by friendly and helpful staff and quickly registered and taken to our room which was spacious and clean with an excellent shower. After a few days my husband commented on how friendly and helpful the staff were and that it reminded us of "Margarita Island" where we have spent several holidays as the people were just so kind and that we could come back in September. Who could have forseen what happened a week into our holiday. Very unexpectedly and with no history of Renal Problems my husband suffered complete renal failure although we didn't realise that is what happened when he stood up and feld dizzy and a bit flu like. The Hotel contatected Dr. Lazrek who had excellent English and responded extremely quickly and arrived within half an hour of being called and after checking what medication he was on (for high blood pressure) he checked his blood pressure and found it to be extremely low so prescribed three medications for him to take and arranged for the Nurse at the hotel to check his blood pressure regularly. the next day it had gone up slightly and things looked positive but the following day it had dropped dangerously low and he addmitted him to Hospital. Agaidir Hospital de Specialities. where he was admitted to Intensive Care and found to have total renal failure and was treated with several sessions of Dialysis. I have to say thank you to the Dr.and staff both Nursing and Administration, Maleeka and the receptionists who were extremely caring to both myself and my husband. Dr. SAid Lazrek who attended him at the hotel and continued to liase bebween the hospital and myself. A big thank you to Mafoud the Irish Consulate who was available 24/7 and give me so much support in dealing with the Insurance Forms and liasing with the hospital for me, but I have to say that the Hotel every member of its Staff from the Customer Service Manage down to Fatima who kepy our room clean were the most amazing people I have met. The support kindiness and hospitality shown to me was overwhelming. The chef from the Chinese Restaurant and two of his colleagues went to the hospital to visit my huspand to see if they could cook or supply any food that would help him. The staff at the snack bar, pool bar, the staff in the shop, money exchange the shops just help me up. My daughter came for three days and she could not believe how I was being looked after and how they looked after her. Ben (a waiter in the Oasis Restaurant) and his brother took her back to the airport when she had to go home and took her through the booking process and to security. They took me with them and bought me back to the hotel and back to where some friends I had made, got me coffee just to insure I was not on my own after my daughter leaving. I have to thank John, Tom and the Gang from Suffolk who were there for a month and just were so kind and to so many other guests who gave me so much support through some difficult moments, many of whom have kept in touch to see how my husband is doing. We were there for a month and travelled home on a Medical Plane with a Dr. and Nurse and they along with the Pilot and Co-Pilot were just so kind and gave us an incredible journey home to Stansted where we were met by an Ambulance and transported to Colchester Hospit. My husband eventually arrive home to our house last Friday 8th April having been transferred from Colchester to Basildon for Surgery to his Lung. I have to say that had this had to happen whilst on holiday we could not have recieved better treatment, care and affection by so many people and I really do not have the words to express my gratiture. Not forgetting Kay the First Choice rep who helped me when the Med Hotel Rep (who was useless) just picked me up along with the Rep from Thompsons who we had flown with. My daughter and I hope to go back for a short visit as soon as my husband is well enough just to say thank you to a Most Fantastic Group of People that make up the Carribean Village Resort. A Four Star Hotel with a TEN STAR Heart. There may be many of you who read this review who just may remember me and my Husbane, who many of you didn't actually get to meet, and a Thank you to each and every one of you. Moira. (Iforgot to say the food was excellent with a wide variety)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mhumo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2011

went here last summer for a week with my girlfriend. had a good time. for the money we paid it was great. go all inclusive as beer in agadir is £3.00 a bottle. the locals and all the germans were not that friendly, but who really cares about that?
foods alrite, just book up a different restaurant so u dont get bored
the day trip to markesh is well worth it as its not so touristy as agadir.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tombocollbo
Wigan
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Just got back from the Caribbean Village and had a fantastic week. We booked it last minute and after reading reviews were a little apprehensive but we had absolutely nothing to worry about. The rooms are comfortable with balcony, tv with different language channels, bath and shower and were cleaned daily. In fact the whole complex was continuously cleaned throughout the day with lots of friendly staff milling around. The food was fine. Don’t be put off by the reviews as there is always something there you will like. Omelettes, fried or boiled eggs are available every morning and the moroccan bread is to die for.. so tasty as well as other dishes, cereal and pasties!! There is also a meat AND fish choice as well as lots of other choices. They make a good decision of having a daily pasta station where you can have a yummy spaghetti bolognaise and chips. On top of the buffet you can visit once a week one of the A La Carte restaurants on the resort serving Steak, Moroccan, Chinese, Italian and Japanese options. The large animation team are fantastic and work really hard to keep everyone entertained and you will become familiar with them as they sit and chat to you throughout the day as well as trying to get you up to dance in the evenings. They work around the main pool area so if you just want to relax without interruptions there are alternative pools which are just as nice. The bar and dining staff are also friendly and although they appreciate tips they all work hard regardless of whether you tip them or not. All of the pools are kept really clean and you never struggle for a sunbed.

This is not an expensive hotel and you need to bare that in mind when going but you will have a fantastic time unless of course you are a Victor Meldrew type when I would advise you pay double the price and go somewhere where people are paid to listen to you moan.

We can‘t wait to go back and we did not hear one negative comment from any of the other guests we spoke to either and everyone around us was having fun. Book this hotel without any worries from the negative reviews posted on here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LancsCoupleWigan
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The three of us travelled here during the half term holidays.
We travelled DIY. Ryanair flights were £385 for the 3 of us and the hotel was booked with Alpharooms for £425 for the week. Therefore the whole holiday with transfers cost us £850, however we were speaking with people in the resort who had paid £600 per person. So the cost we paid will have a bearing on our review

Airport / Hotel Check in
Flights were fine and on time. I had purchased some Dirhams on ebay so did not have to wait for currency. The hotel had organised a taxi at the airport which cost 250 MAD
and this waiting for us. 30 min journey and 5 mins to fill in forms at hotel check in

Room Quality
We had a one bedroomed apartment with a large twin bed room and also a single bed in the main room. Tv had english channels and a movie channel so this was helpful for my daughter. Large bathroom and dressing area.No problems

Complex
Was very large with around 6 pools and with most pools supported by a bar.Complex was clean and there were always plenty of beds, we were never down before 9am but always got a bed. There were numerous sports facilities on offer like Crazy Golf, Tennis etc all free. Mini Club was good for the kids as they had their own little pool. Good spa facilities with reasonably priced massages

Bars
There was a lobby bar which was open every evening, never waited for a drink here. Most evenings had entertainement around one of the pools and a pool bar remained open in support. However there were sometimes queues here. During the day there were never any problems getting served. Beer was bottled and fine and the spirits were small measures Gin, Brandy was ok. Vodka wasnt very nice

The main Oasis restaurant was open for three sittings. Breakfast was fine, eggs and pastries etc. Lunch and evening meal was ok, there was always something to eat. Yes some of the plates were chipped, however I was in a 3/4 star hotel in Africa and paid less then £45 a night, not the Ritz in Paris. I tried the Italian and Chinese a la carte and wasnt overwhelmed by these. It was not fine dining but was ok

Beach
A 5 Min walk took you to the beach. There was an area closed off for guests and there were also soft drinks and sandwiches available. The sea was very nice and in fact warmer then the pools. No litter or jellyfish. There was a 5 minute walk to public toilets but there was very little mither from the locals

Resort
Was nice we went to a couple of restaurants and only paid around £30 for the 3 of us. The promenade was a nice walk into the main commercial area, some mither from restaurants and bars, but no more then you could expect in European resorts

Sum up we had fabulous weather with one of the days hit 90'. We paid very little for the holiday and found it to be good value. We would go back to Agadir and would stay here again

I have attached a couple of pictures to support the review, however if you require any info feel free to message me

3 Thank cheapies
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Stayed here 3 times before and still love the place. It shares the resort with the Caribbean Village but works out slightly cheaper to stay "this side" - cost was £21.50 EACH per day which included all food, all drink, lots of entertainment - sports, swimming pool, beach kyaks etc as well as the accommodation - not flipping bad eh??!!

They are adding many ramps to the stepped areas which will help those with buggies or wheelchairs, are painting the buildings and changing the slippery blue tiles on the floor to much better ones which aren't as slippery and they look good.

It was very busy for our first few days, which was just before our half term school hols but as there were many French I guess it was when their schools were off! So we did have to queue at the bar, for pancakes and the cups often ran out at breakfast - which never happened the previous 2 October holidays!

The animation crew were fun, although a few changes and our favourites had moved on. The staff are all so friendly AND they are not waiting for tips as we never tip until the end of our holiday and only give to those who have really gone out of their way to make us feel special, maybe that's a little unfair I don't know.

The weather was glorious and was scorching on our last day, Weds 27th October but it would cooler in the evenings so a thin cardigan or wrap was required but nothing thick and heavy - therefore certainly no air conditioning needed in the rooms.

Are we going next year? You bet we are - it is perfect for a week of relaxing in the sunshine to top up the Vitamin D before our long winter!! Any questions please PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Ju :-)

3 Thank jjcm
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We have just come back from a fortnight at Pueblo Tamlelt and felt I must put a review on here, as I read the previous comments before I left and was a bit apprehensive of what our holiday was going to be like. But I am pleased to say we were very pleasantly surprised.
When we arrived the hotel looks really small from the outside, but is a tardis when you get inside, it took us a few days to get our bearings.
Our room was quite spacious, the bed was very comfortable and curtains blocked out all the light so I slept really well. One downside is that the pillows were hard, so we used the cushions from the living area. The room was cleaned every day.
The food was great, lots of variety for every meal, I enjoy trying different foods and was never stuck for something nice. For the less adventurous there was always chips, spagetti bolognaise and lots of salads. There would always be oranges available, and was also sliced grapefruits, fresh fruit salad, dried fruit in the morning, ususally different fresh fruit drinks/smoothies and apples plums and grapes at other meal times. We loved the themed restaurants and used those regularly. They tried especially hard in the Moroccan.
There were sometimes queues at the bar but no different to what you would have at home, they are separated for alcholic and soft drinks and you can help yourself to water. The staff were all very friendly, we did not really tip very often but they still gave us a great service.
The pool areas are great and always found beds by the main pool. You can do Aqua aerobics twice a day and different sports going on through the day, but they are happy to leave you alone if you just want to relax.
The entertainment team are great and try very hard to make sure everyone is having fun. There is an amphitheatre where they regularly hold shows.
I would highly recommend doing some trips, the fishing trip was fabulous and my son has not stopped talking about how he caught the biggest/most fish since. Also Marakesh is unmissable, we bought the day trip for this from a salesman just outside by the beach exit which was lots cheaper than the Thomas Cook offering (about £75 for 2 adults and 2 children).
Moroccans do like to haggle, but we were not very good at it, so found a one price shop (Uni-prix) in Agadir and bought most of our souvenirs from there.
All in all we had a wonderful time and would definatey consider going back next year and would recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure. Loved it!!

Scotland
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks at the end of September, and can only describe it as the worst all inclusive we have stayed at. The main buffet restuarant called the Oasis was like a big canteen and the food was a very poor standard indeed. The meat that was on offer was the cheapest cuts as it was mostly fat and very little meat, soups were always luke warm and bland. The fruit was either melon or melon, we did see some grapes once, but only once. The plates were in a poor state mostly chipped and not clean. We can not understand how some previous reviewers can say that the food at this hotel was fantastic, they must not know what decent food taste like. To cut a long story short we ate there for the first four days hoping that it would improve, but it never did so we ate out in local restaruants for the rest of our stay. Most of the staff were friendly, but only after you tipped them. The queue at the bars were always long which i have never seen before at an all inclusive and although there were lots of orange trees in the grounds laden with oranges there was not a drop of fresh orange juice in the whole place which i found very strange. No Air Con was a big issue as the temperture was over 40 on most days and at night it was never lower than 28, although you could hire a fan if you were lucky enough to get one. Health and safety was another problem and a lot of people had stomach problems if you know what i mean. We seen many people with bandaged legs and arms due to the many trip and slip hazards. Thomas Cook had complained about this for six months and on our second last day the hotel decided to dig the place up and basicly turned it into a building site. The woman that owns this hotel should hang her head in shame.

On the up side the beach was good and the weather was fantastic, the locals were friendly and you could walk about the city without been hassled too much.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geebee7

Travelers are raving about these Agadir hotels