Palais des Roses
$186
$173
  • Breakfast included
The Atlantic Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$49
$172
$148
$135
$117
Atlantic Palace Agadir(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
$149
$140
1,094 results
All reviewsdry hotelbig swimming poolfour nightsthe general managergreat poolfantastic stayjunior suiteprivate beach areamint teaanimation teamsaladomelettemaraismoroccotaxisarabicpromenade
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We arrived at our hotel at approx 14:00 after a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport which was hot and dustyl. The argument with the taxi driver over a 20 dirham commission charge on top of the 170dirham fixed price got us in to swing of what was expected to come. The hotel was fantastic, porters collected our bags from the taxi and we went straight to reception. The lobby was vast and beautifully designed with cumfy leather sofas throughout. The reception man said alright mate trying to be funny but then very respectful and curteous. We went to our rooms which were fairly big and clean. The tv was nackerd and only showed CNN and euronews (english channels) everything else was arabic, french or German. The room was great and balcony overlooked the swimming pool and rest of the hotel. The atlantic was visable in the distant. We went to explore the hotel and took a walk up to the beach. I asked the hotel restaurant guy for the price of shisha, the menu showed 100dirhams but he charged an extra 10 dirham as commission which i did complain about at reception. The conceirge, kitchen staff were all so helpful and respectful. They tended to our needs. The location of the hotel was a little way out from the corneich. If you want peace then this hotel is situated in the right spot. All the action nightlife was down the corneich end. The location of palis des roses was the hotel right at the end of hotel run located next to the posh sofitel (after hours sofitel becomes a haunt for loose women and business men). Palais des roses is a beautiful hotel and the staff there are amazingly helpful. The hotel has a spa thallasotherepie where you can jump around in a heated pool for about 150dirham or £10. The walk to the corneich was around 40minute slow walk but you can hire bikes from the hotel and visit the port, marina and and corneich for around 70dirham for 3hours depending on how good you bargain. Palais des roses reminded me of allo allo at times where names of characters could have been given to staff....we had loads of fun. All of the above is good bearing in mind that it was january and hotel was less then quarter occupancy so staff had time to take care of our needs. Me and my brother enjoyed our stay at the palais des roses. the breakfast was excellent and dinner was just marvellous where you dont have to even leave the hotel. I was abit disspointed with the prices where a can of coke cost 30 dirhams and shisha hubble bubble costing 100 dirhams but surcharge of 10 dirhams was rude. The hotel is the last hotel on the run so expect a longer walk and more expensive taxi ride. .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Zaheer k
PRIAAgadir, Manager at Palais des Roses, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2015

hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Big, relatively new hotel on the Atlantic beach. Very good spa and hammam, including sea water pool (heated). We were their in the off season (February) and it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank beach51216
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I spent 4 days here with a friend in April 2011 - What started off as a really good experience soon declined to the worst I've experienced. This is not a 5star hotel, 3 at the most. Advertise as a serviced pool area with towels and sunloungers.....on our 1st day it took 30/40mins for the staff to locate some towels, when they did they were full of holes - hmm 5 star I think not. The hotel room was fine with a nice view I will admit but the rest was just awful. The location of the rooms off a tiled corridor is very noisy and we were regularly woken by house-keeping and their trolley's at 6am. When we asked to speak to the manager we were told he was too busy to talk to guests. This hotel is mainly interested in their corporate guests, they hold conferences, they are not interested in the holiday maker. The front of house manager was great but also very embarassed at our treatment. The restaurant out by the pool wasn't opened once in the 4days we stayed there....it was so awful we dug our hands in our pockets and paid £50 to go and spend the day at The Sofitel next door - a true 5star experience. Expedia are saying this hotel serves alcohol - it does not! They are numerous areas with the world bar in the title - but only serve coffee. Also the layout of the hotel means you need to trapse huge distances to reach anywhere - particulary if you want a drink by the pool. The pool is supposed to be serviced but we regularly watched guests waving their arms frantically trying to get the attention of poolside staff - they were more interested in the girls by the pool. I hope this review reaches you in time to choose an alternative! I'm not a regular bad-reviewer but this had to be flagged!

Room Tip: The rooms aren't the problem!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank josie t
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I invited my mom to spend holidays with me in Agadir. I picked Palais des Roses and it was an excelent choice. We arrived from the airport at 7 am. A gentleman at the reception checked us in even we did not ask for early check in, it was really great. We got a room with ocean and pool view. Hotel is non alcoholic , what was perfect, becouse there were no drunk people from various countries, like we can see in typical resorts. No annoying animation (i really loved it) . The hotels garden and especially pool is breathtaking , breakfast very good as well, i wish i could remember the names of a few waiters who took care of us every morning during our stay and thank them again over here. Guys you were really great. I can recommend this hotel to everyone who will come to relax. Lobby area is beautiful with free wifi. Most of the staff very friendly and polite . I worked in beach resort in Greece and during last years i was a part of the team which open a first Mercure hotel in Slovakia, so i know how hard work it is. Thats why I want to thank Palais des Roses for perfect holidays ..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Suzip3as
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My brother and I stayed at Palais de Roses back in 2007. I didn't belong to tripadvisor at that point, so I never reviewed the place. Now, however, after reading the various reviews about the place, I have to say that things must have changed for the worse since my visit.

I've been to Agadir five times since 2000. Four of those visits, I stayed at Club Valtur. That place was okay for an introduction to a significantly different culture than my own, but it also isolated you from the sights and sounds of Agadir. Mind you, that is OKAY for some people, but I like to have a better understanding of the local people.

For my return trip in 2007, I suggested to my brother that we not go to where I had stayed before but, rather, try out Palais des Roses. In many respects, it was a nice stay. Check-in was handled very nicely, though the whole process from the time we arrived to actually getting to our room was a good half hour. I think the subdued lighting in the expansive lobby, along with the interior design, helped make that time go by quickly.

The room was spacious and we looked out over the pool and ocean. That was really special. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, but it took us both a couple of nights before we asked one another about back pain. We reported this to the front desk several times but nobody ever followed up to resolve the situation. Instead, we took it upon ourselves to just flip the mattresses and that seemed to help a bit.

One thing I did not like--again, I'm sharing the room with my brother, not a spouse or girlfriend--was the large window (opaque glass) between the bathroom and the bedroom. Like it or not, when you're in the shower, you are silhouetted in this window for anyone in the room to see. I love my brother, but not enough to parade behind an opaque window in the nude! I think that might be a nice touch for honeymooners, but certainly not for two brothers sharing a room.

I honestly don't remember their policy on alcohol. It seems to me that I was able to order a glass of wine just outside of the restaurant, between the hotel itself and the swimming pool. But, again, I really don't recall specifically if that was the case or not. I like my wine so the inability to enjoy a glass (or two) in the afternoon would have bothered me. Perhaps their policy has changed since then.

There was one member of the staff who still stands out in my mind. His name was Clement and I think he managed the restaurants. A very nice and informative young man, he would check in with us any time we were in any of the restaurants. If I recall correctly, he was brought up in Morocco, though he is of French heritage. To be honest, he made the trip much more memorable. The local staff may appear to be standoffish, but don't let that stop you from at least trying to interact with them. I find Moroccans to be some of the friendliest people that I've encountered to date. Sure, there are the touts trying to get you to buy this or go on that tour, but understand that life there isn't easy. I would politely, but firmly, refuse their services. If they persisted, I would just keep walking. There was, at least at that time, plenty of police presence and I got the distinct feeling that they would step in to help if there was any sort of problem.

I remember the food as being very good. There was some Moroccan sampler plate that I had a couple of different nights that was just superb. Breakfast was decent, and the two young women making the crepes and/or scrambled eggs/omelets each morning were delightful. They were very shy and, if you didn't make an effort, you would never realize just how warm and friendly they really were.

The property really is just a tad further outside of the main part of Agadir than you would expect. It's a good walk, not undoable, but it could take you a good 40 minutes. Yes, there are plenty of taxis, but I found them to be hit or miss. Some would be so informative and helpful and not rip you off. Others, like the one who clearly had an issue with non-Muslims, shouldn't be driving a taxi in a resort town. I don't know his personal circumstances...maybe that was a job he had to take. One gentleman, although very cooperative and engaging, ripped us off to the tune of 500 dirham! To be fair, he did drive us to several places, but based upon my experiences previously as well as to other locales, he definitely overcharged.

Overall, the property is decent. No, it's not a 5-star place by any definition. I'm amazed that there is still evidence of so much construction going on in 2011! Oh, I should mention that this area of Agadir was not developed in my previous trips there since 2000. So, maybe they're just continuing to develop and improve. I'd like to go with that hope.

Bottom line...a vacation is what you make of it. Yes, it's entirely possible that some (or many) things may not be up to snuff. You have to go with 'plan B' and just make the best of it. I think, given the opportunity of a future trip to Agadir, I will likely stay at another property.

One last note...I am unable to post this without a travel date. Unfortunately, the "oldest" date I can go with is December, 2010. Please note that my stay was in September, 2007.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Atlantic is pretty special!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family