We paid £330 for flights and a week all inclusive at this hotel so can't complain at all. Weather was really warm for mid November. Morocco itself is a really poor country and you should prepare to have to say no to shop owners and beggars etc. when you get to the airport, carry your own suitcase right up to the taxi otherwise the porters will demand money from you!
The hotel itself...
We believe they are redoing all the rooms, the ones we stayed in were ok to be fair and had air con although our hot water was on and off and eventually packed in on the last night. The reception girls could have been a bit more welcoming and I can see why people might be a bit fussy, but they werent that rude, I just think their english wasn't great. How people can travel to another country and complain about the staff not having good English (or having chips or cooked breakfasts) is beyond me, what ignorence!
So good things:
Hotel was very clean! Staff were constantly cleaning pool and sweeping, mopping, tidying tables. Our room was cleaned and bed sheets and towels changed every day! Beer and wine were really nice with self serve soft drinks. Great location, just off beach, and theres about 35 steps, not 80! Theres loads cheap restaraunts that do good steaks on the beach if you fancy a change of scenery. Food was ok/repetitive, but tagine was really good and at breakfast although you cant get bacon/sausage/beans, you can get fresh omelettes to order and the pancakes are really good as well as fruit cereal etc. The animation team all seemed to be really nice guys and funny. There was some different form of entertainment each night although it was always in french and we didnt know what was going on. Beds were kings size and very comfortable!!
You could only get wifi in lobby an by pool, even then it wasn't reliable. Pool was freezing but we went mid Nov! Food repetitive after a week. There are quite a few flies that did bite but they dissapeared towards lunch time. There was a lot of noise on the roads and from some bar on the beach front that played music every night till really late, not sure why they play it so loud, try get a room poolside with an even number or a bungalow, one night we were at the back and as a heavy sleeper i was waking constantly.
There may seem to be a lot of bad point but they werent major issues, if we had paid a lot of money we would have had higher expectation.
Final verdict - would definitely recommend a holiday here for a week to anyone. Dont think we will go again but thats because its only a small place and was nice enough for a late get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a prestigious place in the city centre of Agadir, facing the bay and its beautiful fine sand beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, warmed by the sun of Agadir and close to the medina and few kilometers only from the Dunes golf. The Royal Mirage Agadir is Authentic, well-equipped rooms with Moroccan decor and a balcony or terrace overlooking the sea, or pool. This property offers recreational facilities like a fully equipped fitness center, and an outdoor pool with an adjoining pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Agadir Hotel Agadir
- Royal Mirage Hotel Agadir
- Agadir Royal Mirage Hotel