We stayed for a week and had a wonderful holiday staying at the Beach Albatros Hotel, Agadir.
The hotel is nicely decorated, it is very clean and the staff are friendly and always happy to help. Constant cleaning both inside and out kept the place very clean and tidy. It is very near the city square, shops, restaurants, the casbah, the marina and most importantly just across the road from the beach. It is one of the best locations out of the many hotels in Agadir as while quite a lot are on or near the beach, the beach curves around meaning that most are further away from the shops and other things to visit in Agadir.
There is a nice mix of traditional-style food and Western food. There is always something tasty on the buffet even if you are a selective eater. You also get to go to the traditionally decorated tajine restaurant on site which is a wonderful addition to the hotel.
The rooms are fairly simply styled with reasonably-sized beds, a safe and a decent en-suite shower. The bath wasn't quite big enough for me being 6'3" but the bed was big enough. All the rooms have sea views with half facing the casbah and the other half overlooking the pool area.
We went all-inclusive and found it to be worthwhile. Three good meals per day as well as all local beer, wine or spirits included. The beer was very drinkable, not so sure on the white wine but the rose seemed to be popular.
The entertainment is good, both during the day by the pool and in the evening inside. The staff make the guests feel very comfortable and make sure they are enjoying themselves.
Our rep sorted out various day trips for us without any bother and I would strongly recommend a day trip to Marrakech. Three hours or so each way makes it a long day but it is definitely worth it. Marrakech is completely different to anywhere else you will visit. It is steeped in culture and is very busy, especially the main square.
I didn't use the spa, so can't rate it.
I would recommend staying here. Just don't forget to visit the souk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a prestigious place in the city centre of Agadir, facing the bay and its beautiful fine sand beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, warmed by the sun of Agadir and close to the medina and few kilometers only from the Dunes golf. The Royal Mirage Agadir is home to well-equipped rooms with Moroccan decor and a balcony or terrace overlooking the sea, or pool. This property offers recreational facilities like a fully equipped fitness center, and an outdoor pool with an adjoining pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Agadir Hotel Agadir
- Royal Mirage Hotel Agadir
- Agadir Royal Mirage Hotel