If you are looking for a hotel that offers great service & a perfect location the Beach Albatros is definitely recommended. I have previously stayed at Ryad Mogador but this one rates a lot higher for me. Our trip dates were 28th Jan to 4th Feb. Here's the breakdown:
Location: Within minutes of the beach, Macdonalds & Pizza Hut. Turn right at the beach and you get to the Marina in around 10-15 mins walking.
Rooms: We had a king size bed on the 6th floor and couldn't fault it. Most rooms have sea views and about half have sea & pool views. Showers pretty powerful and excellent & friendly maids.
Food: Varied enough but does get a little repetitive by the end of the week. Breakfast omelettes & pancakes are great though. If you like spicy food take your own chilli food as it is pretty bland. Don't get too excited about the tagine restaurant it's nicely laid out but I actually preferred the buffet food. We went all inclusive and the drinks were okay and bar service was very good although I was surprised they had no Rum!!
Excursions: Spent a day out in Marrakech and it was a long day 6.30am til 10.30pm. But definitely worth doing if you haven't been Marrakech before. The main Souk was good we made 3 or 4 trips there, just remember to haggle with everything. The Berber Souk wasn't that great although the hotel provides a free taxi to get there (it's only few minutes from the main Souk hint hint).
Service: Couldn't fault it. Erraji on main reception was absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for him he is an asset to the hotel. All the other staff were friendly, polite & helpful too. WiFi is available in the reception area although if you sit near the pool close to the hotel you can get it there too.
General: Taxis are good but you have to haggle with these too. Was between 12 & 20 Dhirams to get to the Souk depending on haggling and taxi drivers mood. Exchange rate is about the same everywhere and a cash machine is available in reception. Learn a few basic Arabic words and you'll go a long way. Definitely go and see the sunset over the sea and take an evening walk along the beach with the locals. Hotel animation team was okay but we spent most of our time out & about so can't really comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a prestigious place in the city centre of Agadir, facing the bay and its beautiful fine sand beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, warmed by the sun of Agadir and close to the medina and few kilometers only from the Dunes golf. The Royal Mirage Agadir **** (Ex-Sheraton) is home to well-equipped rooms with Moroccan decor and a balcony or terrace overlooking the sea, or pool. This property offers recreational facilities like a fully equipped fitness center, and an outdoor pool with an adjoining pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Agadir Hotel Agadir
- Royal Mirage Hotel Agadir
- Agadir Royal Mirage Hotel