Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel
Kenzi Europa(Agadir)
$334
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Tildi Hotel & SPA(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$52
Studiotel afoud(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$42
$38
  • Pool
New Farah Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$28
1,603 results
All reviewsanimation teamtajine restaurantnoisy at nightpizza hutbottled beergreat holidaybar staffhotel beachcrazy golfenjoyable holidayaqua gympool sideevening entertainmentwater aerobicsomelettespent a weeksalad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Beach Albatros for 10 nights over the christmas period December 2012 on an all inclusive basis.
We had such a lovely time!
Although our initial thoughts were to get away from the usual UK christmas there was no escaping the festive music around the hotel.
The hotel it self is very very clean, i cant stress that enough. There wasnt a moment that we didnt see a member of staff cleaning.
Our room was a little on the small side and we we given a twin room but we didnt mind or complain, just pushed the beds together. We werent to bothered about the size of the room either as we had a great view of the pool and beach and didnt intend on staying indoors!
The bathroom as a good size and the shower was powerfull and hot.
The only little issue I had was that the cleaners didnt leave enough toilet roll and on a few occassions we had to ask for more but this wasnt a problem. The cleaners were very pleasent.
The food in the hotel was your standard All inclusive but we found the meals to be hot, of good choice and tasty. My partner has a massive appetite so he took full advantage!
If you didnt fancy what was on the menu you could always pre-book the tagine restuarnt which was lovely too.
The drinks were great, good selection of cocktails but beware, they are strong ha ha! and some of the bar staff put there own twist on them too so some drinks were different than at the other bars.
There was plenty of bottled water which was great and the fridge in our room was always full with it.
The hotel was very much filled with French, German and Russian people and we found only a handful of English tourists. But this wasnt a problem. everyone was very curtious and pleasent.
There was a little bit of a communication issue, we found the reception staff to speak little english. One day I needed to go to the chemist as i was suffering with hayfever but they didnt understand me and we had to try and find someone who could translate.
The pool area is very good, although the flies were a little irratating! take insect repelant!
The evening entertainment was a little bit of a let down for this hotel.
we are a couple in our late 20's and found the entertainment catered for the much younger or much older family maker.
We tended to go out along the prom to a few bars/resturants and talked to the local people most nights.
If you want to eat out and get away from the hotel for a night we suggest 'Nil Blu', its a 2 minute walk and the food, atmosphere and people are great!
If you do venture out of the hotel down to agadir prom please note that the drinks are a little expensive. a bottle of wine in a resturant was £18 and a cocktail was £6.
We treated ourselves to a morning in the spa for a hamman and full body massage.
We took a dip in the indoor heated pool and used the sauna too. it was nice & relaxing.
The hamman though........if you've never had one before let me pre-warn you...it hurts.
The beautician scrubs you from head to toe over and over again with what feels like a metal brush then coats you in mud. I was not expecting it to be so rough but my skin felt amazing afterwards.
Overal I would say this hotel is great.

When we booked our holiday we did everything independently which included our tours.
I am so made up that we did!
We found a tour company that catered for the smaller group of tourists which meant we spent as little or as long at one place without being forced back on a coach had we had gone with a main tourer.
We went in small groups of no more than 4 in jeeps to several destinations.
I would strongly recommend you go to Tiznit, atlas mountains and taroudant. Morrocco is well known for its silver so make sure you grab yourself a bargain and hanggle! Also, try out the buggies on the dessert! well worth a go!
One small point, the tour guides, drivers etc all expect to be tipped! this was a liitle bit annoying as we had already paid for the actual trip itself.
we didnt really know how much of a tip to give so on average we gave between 10 & 20 dirham.
Please be open minded when you go on some of the trips, it is a forgein country after all.
It did get to me a little when we came across other tourists that past comment on peoples homes, the hygiene and general state of life.

I would recommend this hotel and agadir as a whole, to families, young & old couples who are looking to relax and a bit of an adventure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank clairejen5
heshmat K, Public Relations Manager at Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

hello

thank you for your review about the hotel, without your help we are nothing.
i understand from your review that there is a problems with the activity at night
I'm making you sure that every thing is changing now because of your review and your help.
next time i m sure that you will discover a big change.

thank you again for your collaboration.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned from a weeks winter break at the Albetros, my partner and I had stayed in the sister hotel in Marrakesh and were really happy with the hotel group thought this hotel would be similar.
As all the reviews have said before my one, the hotel has lots of qualities, but also the noise from the constant traffic and noisey disco was unbearable, we had a few problems with the fact we were ordered to pay 850 dirams their currency about £80 for a crack on the top were the TV was and it was there when we arrived, along with a lot of other tatty broken tiles, etc holes in towels and general need of renovation, (surely charging inoscent customers to pay for their lack of upkeep, and blame us and charge us for this mistake.it puts a bad taste in your mouth,we were given room service fruit as a softner but I am livid
My partner and I were both full of flu,it was freezing cold in our room, we got an old oil heater thing which was ok.but we were already poorly by then.
The food was great and the staff were really sweet, i had a massage as there is a Spa but its also in need of an upgrade, and I was constantly bothered by the staff for a massage and did have one which is highly recommended, not the staff asking but just go to the Spa and get one.
Handy hotel for everything and if you drink local type drinks its ok but I wasn't impressed and think the hotels attitude stinks

Room Tip: don't go in 2025 as you will not get any sleep, get a bad cold,and get a massive bill for their maitenance charges great for view of the hill and sea massive bed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank soniawalker
heshmat K, Public Relations Manager at Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

hello
ladies and gentleman this reviews was wrote by one of the last entertainment in the hotel.
his preps is to destroy the hotel . this is not good for us and for the Credibility of TripAdvisor

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have just returned home from our holiday in the Beach Albatros Hotel in Agadir having had a really lovely time. We planned our trip at very short notice and having read the many varied but overall good reviews on trip Advisor about the hotel we made our decision to choose this hotel.
It is a lovely hotel and very well located in Agadir with splendid views of the amazing promenade and Atlantic Ocean. The stairs at the back of the hotel make access to the promendae very easy which is lovely when you like to go for long walks.

The staff in the hotel were generally very freindly and attentive. The poolside bar service was excellent and the lads could not do more to ensure you have a lovely relaxing holiday. Nothing was too much trouble and they smiled all day long.

The food was nice and I must say plentiful. Our 2 adult sons were with us and they have big appetites so were very happy with the variety and especially loved the fact that Pizzas were available all day by the pool.

The rooms were fine without being anything special. They could do with a make over but were spotlessly clean with the housekeeper working hard each day to ensure this. But the ensuite bathrooms badly need updating and money spent on them. They are very dated and tired. The shower was a complete disaster with the water either boiling hot or freezing cold - not good enough for a 4* hotel.

I did have a very nice Hammam in the Spa but that is all I can say that is good about the SPA . I had read the reviews from previoius guests and should have paid more attention to them. I resented the hard-sell that went on each day by the staff from the Spa while you were trying to relax in the sun. The Spa itself is very disappointing and as for the GYM - just an excuse of a Gym overall very disappointing. My husband had a dreadful pedicure experience- won't bore you with the detail suffice as to say avoid the Spa!!!

Mostly I wish to compliment the Animation Team. The team of 4 - Aioub, Abidel, Lamia and Hasna certainly are a great addition to the Beach Albatross. They work tirelessly each day from 10am til LATE LATE... They are constantly smiling making a huge effort to invlove the guests in a variety of activities while at the same time respecting the guests who rather be left alone. From the Darts to the Water Polo, the card games and the Ping Pong- all made for lots of fun and games. The night time entertainment was also enjoyable again mostly beause of the immense effort the team put in. they danced and included everyone to join in the fun.
At times some guests can be quite demanding and never did they get frustrated or bothered. they smiled and did everything they could to ensure each guest had a great holiday.
Some more materials would help the team to do their work even more efficiently.
Overall our family have lovely memories of our first trip to Agadir and would like to thank everyone at the Hotel Beach Albatros.
PNDP .O'D -Ireland

Room Tip: be sure to check the bathroom and the shower!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naoimh G
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Beach Albatros for a week over New Year. The hotel itself had been taken over by Egyptian owners who are trying the improve the hotel. Staff on reception were always very helpful. Cleanliness very good, room large size with small balcony (we overlooked the pool, which was freezing), basic but clean and maid cleaned daily with fresh towels every day. Food did become a bit boring by the end of the week but that's what you expect from all inclusive. Breakfasts the same every day but good, pancakes, omelettes, eggs, fruit, meats, cheese and fresh bread to die for. Everything you could possibly need was there unless you wanted english bacon and eggs, which you don't go to another country to have!! The Tagine was absolutely wonderful, quaint little chairs and tables, service wonderful, you got a cocktail as soon as you sat down, wine was filled as soon as glass nearly empty, food served almost immediately. We did leave a tip in here because the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent, although some people think just because it is all inclusive they don't have to reward good service. All the staff provided good service and it is wrong to say that they only provide this if you keep tipping them. The only people we tipped were the Tagine and the maid. Bar staff in the hotel were always good, the only problem we encountered was my husband one day had a bottle beer, however the other days he was unable to get one, only draft. I had read that this was a problem but there were other drinks he had so not really a major issue. The animation team were really friendly and worked their socks off during the day trying to get people interested in joining in and then again they did most of the evening entertainment (not great but they tried). On a couple of nights they got in outside entertainment, not much better though. The only downfall to the holiday were the pests,no not the flies but the Spa people. We were both going to buy a spa package, but because they constantly annoyed you every day when you were trying to relax, that didn't happen. One the first day we didn't know what they were like and they offered my husband a free back massage which he accepted, but then the "boss" started rubbing oil onto my legs which I didn't like very much and told him so. Every day after that they still tried it on with us. A few people were getting really annoyed with them. I would definitely recommend Agadir for a reasonably priced Winter's break, warm days but cool nights, not too crowded (as it can be in Summer) and would also recommend the Beach Albatros as the location is perfect. Will definitely return here again if we get chance to have another Christmas break and much cheaper than most places with winter sun.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was rated 4 stars. I would rate it 2 or 3. The staff were very good provided you kept tipping them every day. We stayed there for 2 weeks and they played the same music in the restaurant during breakfast, lunch and dinner, it drove me nuts. The food was not great although we did not have upset tummies.On a positive note the bread was superb. The apples and bananas were like windfalls! The apples bruised and the bananas 4 -- 5 inches long. The pool table had a broken payment mechanism so every time you wanted a game of pool you had to find a guy with the keys to open it up to get the balls out. The crazy golf was a great little course but they did not have any putters only No. 3 irons which were a joke!
The tennis courts looked fantastic but we did not use them. The air con did not heat the room so they sent up an oil filled radiator to heat the room. The double glazed patio door was completely ineffective in blocking out any noise or cold and there was a lot of traffic noise in the rooms. The towels in the bathroom had holes in them and also the beach towels were very old and tatty. The hotel needed a good deal of money spending on it to bring it up to date.
The Reception staff were very attentive and if you asked for something it was done in a flash.
There was a power cut for about 10 minutes one morning and the lift broke down several times.
The hotel was fairly close to the beach and when we went down to our patch the sunbeds were the worst on the beach. All the other secions had windbreakers, ours did not.
The animation team were very friendly and tried so hard to entertain the guests. The weather was great, blue skies and bright sunshine, what a great change from cold, wet old Endland.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you went to another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wratten

hello
thank you for your review about our hotel.we are so sorry if you didn't like some body s character.
we will try hard to stop like this problems in our hotel.because we doing our job to make all our
guests happy for free not to get any tips.thank you for this information , we trying now to make up our service in the TOP.
we want to make you sure next time you will see the change