We went to Beach Albatros for a week over New Year. The hotel itself had been taken over by Egyptian owners who are trying the improve the hotel. Staff on reception were always very helpful. Cleanliness very good, room large size with small balcony (we overlooked the pool, which was freezing), basic but clean and maid cleaned daily with fresh towels every day. Food did become a bit boring by the end of the week but that's what you expect from all inclusive. Breakfasts the same every day but good, pancakes, omelettes, eggs, fruit, meats, cheese and fresh bread to die for. Everything you could possibly need was there unless you wanted english bacon and eggs, which you don't go to another country to have!! The Tagine was absolutely wonderful, quaint little chairs and tables, service wonderful, you got a cocktail as soon as you sat down, wine was filled as soon as glass nearly empty, food served almost immediately. We did leave a tip in here because the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent, although some people think just because it is all inclusive they don't have to reward good service. All the staff provided good service and it is wrong to say that they only provide this if you keep tipping them. The only people we tipped were the Tagine and the maid. Bar staff in the hotel were always good, the only problem we encountered was my husband one day had a bottle beer, however the other days he was unable to get one, only draft. I had read that this was a problem but there were other drinks he had so not really a major issue. The animation team were really friendly and worked their socks off during the day trying to get people interested in joining in and then again they did most of the evening entertainment (not great but they tried). On a couple of nights they got in outside entertainment, not much better though. The only downfall to the holiday were the pests,no not the flies but the Spa people. We were both going to buy a spa package, but because they constantly annoyed you every day when you were trying to relax, that didn't happen. One the first day we didn't know what they were like and they offered my husband a free back massage which he accepted, but then the "boss" started rubbing oil onto my legs which I didn't like very much and told him so. Every day after that they still tried it on with us. A few people were getting really annoyed with them. I would definitely recommend Agadir for a reasonably priced Winter's break, warm days but cool nights, not too crowded (as it can be in Summer) and would also recommend the Beach Albatros as the location is perfect. Will definitely return here again if we get chance to have another Christmas break and much cheaper than most places with winter sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a prestigious place in the city centre of Agadir, facing the bay and its beautiful fine sand beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, warmed by the sun of Agadir and close to the medina and few kilometers only from the Dunes golf. The Royal Mirage Agadir is Authentic, well-equipped rooms with Moroccan decor and a balcony or terrace overlooking the sea, or pool. This property offers recreational facilities like a fully equipped fitness center, and an outdoor pool with an adjoining pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Agadir Hotel Agadir
- Royal Mirage Hotel Agadir
- Agadir Royal Mirage Hotel