Me and my friend stayed in this hotel from 27.8.2011 until 6.9.2011.
On the arrival to Agadir we were greated by a taxi driver who drove us to Beach Albatros - Royal Mirage - ex Sheraton or Pickalbatros! The hotel is known by 4 names.
Outside of hotel were guys who took care of our luggage.
The reception guy took details from us and gave us keys for 1015 room.
As me and my friend have bad experience with hotel rooms....we didnt like this one so went down to reception to change it. The receptions was nice and changed it to room 4001. This room was perfect and had a nice view of the beach & casino.
We managed to have a dinner and then drink in La Pacha bar where we were welcomed by the bar ladies and later animation team. What a good feeling when you are welcomed by hotel staff.
The next day we woke up and we looked outside. The weather was bad, misty, cloudy. We were dissapointed. The next day it was the same so we took our jumpers and went for a beach. We took some photos and went back to hotel. The sun came out at 1.30pm. The rest of our holiday were nice sunny days from morning till sunset but in the evening was cold, windy.
The hotel is massive, with beautiful sofa seats in the lobby, also Gin and tonic with lime was delicious. The animation team (Jamal, Abiz, Ibi, Pinquin...etc) were amazing, made people to laugh. The barman upstairs was good and very smiley every time we got there for a drink. The waitrosses were nice and polite. Also shisha men (Momo and Yasin) were great and chatty.
The director Hassin was always there as he tries to upgradate the hotel for 5* but it will take time. He was chatty man but sometime he came to chat to you while you had your lunch or dinner what I dont think it wasnt the best time to chat with guests.
The pool area was always busy and animation team worked hard to make your holiday even more busy (even we always stayed by the beach :) ).
The beach is far from hotel. You have to go downstairs, there are 76 steps !!!, cross a busy road (and if you are a woman, dont forget that the drivers will beep or shout at you) then walk across a parking space, get to "beach promenade" and finally you will get to private beach - Beach albatros. There are guys who give you beach towel and take care of you if needed. We were young ladies and didnt find it difficult to walk 2 times a day on the beach. The pool area was always busy and had to reserve your sunbeds every night or early am.
The room 4001 was nice, big with a huge bathroom with free shower gels and towels (changed every day). Also the beds were good, high and comfortable.
We would definitely return back to Albatros, for New Year or Easter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a prestigious place in the city centre of Agadir, facing the bay and its beautiful fine sand beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, warmed by the sun of Agadir and close to the medina and few kilometers only from the Dunes golf. The Royal Mirage Agadir is home to well-equipped rooms with Moroccan decor and a balcony or terrace overlooking the sea, or pool. This property offers recreational facilities like a fully equipped fitness center, and an outdoor pool with an adjoining pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Agadir Hotel Agadir
- Royal Mirage Hotel Agadir
- Agadir Royal Mirage Hotel