“A wonderful hotel for a luxurious break”

Atlantic Palace Agadir
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful hotel for a luxurious break”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently stayed here for a week holiday during the February half term. It was booked via Secret Escapes and it did not disappoint. The wow factor on arrival was certainly there and we were greeted with a lovely glass of Moroccan Mint Tea to enjoy whilst we completed the arrival forms at Reception. The hotel is beautifully decorated and extrememly oppulent in all the public areas. There pool area is stunning and fresh towels are available to use on the sunbeds. The rooms were also very nice, although our balcony was very small. The food, service and friendliness of the staff in the buffet restaurant was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome. We will certainly use this hotel again. It was a lovely place to stay and enjoy Agadir and some welcome February sunshine.

Room Tip: Request a room with terrace on ground floor or a larger balcony if you want to enjoy the outside spa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear JacquiRuns10k,

On behalf of all the Atlantic Palace's Teams, I would like to thank for your very kind comments on us.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Sincerely, L. Le Baud - Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel was fantastic, the facilities were fantastic but the staff were only focused on people that spoke french, for example at the buffet style breakfast the selection was fantastic but on this occasion there was no fresh milk, I asked the waiter for some and he said ok, I sat down at our table and waited 10 mins only to see the waiter I asked was serving a french family, with the help of the restaurant manager they carried everything from coffee, to boiled eggs in egg cups(10 days we never saw an egg cup). If you are french and rich you don't need to bother with buffet service, also I never did get the milk. this type of two tier system was carried out all over the hotel, oh and the casino was just the same fantastic place but very unfriendly.

Room Tip: I would pick a room in the hotel across the road The Tikkida something I think
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Martinwoody,

I would like to thank you for your time in writing us your comment.

I would like also to apologize in regards of the treatment you received during your stay. I can promise you that there is no discrimination between nationalities either French, English or Arabic. Probably a misunderstanding of language. Once again I do apologize for that.

I hope we have a chance to welcome you back in your next stay in Agadir.

Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed February 27, 2013

As usual in Morocco all the hotels have a very impressive entrance, and you realy think that's the place to be.
But once I arrived at my room I was quite dissapointed, standard old furniture, the beds are o.k. but sill a 5 star hotel should not use woolen blankets covert by a sheet.

Breakfast is not bad, food o.k.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gerhard1961,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon and show you and the efforts that have been made.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

A beautiful hotel with real Moroccan character. The staff were excellent, friendly and made our party of 8 Girls on Tour very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble and the cleanliness of the rooms and general service was outstanding. The Breakfast was a feast in itself and something for everyone - just what we needed before 18 holes in 24 degrees! I am confident that we will return to the Atlantic Palace for more winter sunshine and Moroccan hospitality. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: A room with a large balcony would be better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear VIcks37,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment on us. Please also say thank you to the rest of the girl's team.

I hope having the pleasure to welcome you all in the near future.

Nivelles, Belgium
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are just back from a one-week holiday in Atlantic Palace Agadir with our four children. First stay in Morocco. Wonderful experience on all accounts. Our two rooms were spotless, daily cleaning was perfect. The restaurant for breakfast and dinner was delicious : choice and quality. I suggest you add labels to clearly identify the different ingredients of the dishes. We tried the Taj Mahal restaurant : unique atmosphere and plenty of delicious moroccan food. We did not try the bbq restaurant next to the swimming pool but it looks and smells delicious as well. And more important, the staff everywhere was helpful and very friendly. Sincerely friendly with the children and us. Youssef, concierge at the reception, was particularly helpfull and friendly. I had a long and interesting discussion with him as our family was waiting for our bus to the airport ... unfortunately ... our stay had to come to an end !!!

Room Tip: We had two rooms overlooking the swimming pools and they both had a nice terrasse, but oriented to t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hubert651400,

I would like to thank you on behalf Youssef and of all the Atlantic Palace's team for the very nice comment on your vacation.

I hope having the pleasure to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Cheshire
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe some of the negative comments previously written. This is one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed at in my life. Situation, cleanliness, efficiency and friendliness were perfect for our 1 week, Girls On A Golf Tour trip. The atmosphere is totally relaxing. Food at breakfast was lovely, eggs freshly cooked for you in omelette or sunny-side up! Plenty of different rolls and pastries and wonderful preserves - apricot, fig, peach, strawberry and more. We took the Bed and Breakfast option but had a traditional Moroccan meal in the Taj Mahal Restaurant in the Hotel on out first evening there. It also included Moroccan entertainment. I haven't noticed the Sun-Downer Bar, right at the top of the hotel, on other reviews which may account for the fact it was so quiet and peaceful. If you didn't go up there you missed lovely views. A great place to sip a cocktail and watch the sun go down. We had a fab week and I hope to return here for some winter sunshine in the future. I only hope the resort doesn't get too built up and commercialised it's nice as it is. Thanks to all the staff who made our holiday so relaxing.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Inkies1944,

Thank you for your lovely comments on trip advisor.

I hope having the pleasure to welcoming you back in a near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a nice hotel. primarily a golf resort, one road removed from the sea front.

Restaurant timings were rigid. The Maghrebi restaurant Taj Mahal was a great redeeming feature where we were fed although late.

The spa is too mechanical and process-based and making the task of the therapists to impress clients extra hard. You actually have a form in a card that various people keep ticking as you proceed through the spa experience!

New Year's Eve gala dinner was massive and excellent. We ate here and then hung out to see the sights and smell the odours of Agadir, to escape the boredom of small social talk on NYE. Rooms are spacious but quality is just average.

Breakfast spread is wide and has a good range.

Front desk staff was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RoadwarriorS25
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear RoadwarriorS25

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor.

Your comments are constructive and will help us improve the quality of service we provide to our customers. Let me inform you that the Spa as you mention is not a Spa, it is a Thalassotherapy offering Spa treatment, It is medical and not made to impress anyone.