“Rude Reception and no irons!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir

Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Rude Reception and no irons!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am currently staying in room 4118 and this holiday has not got off to a good start. The staff working on reception are very rude and any reasonable question is started with a no. We asked for a iron on day 1 and it is now day 3 and we still don't have one. I am told there are 15 irons for a hotel with 400 rooms. I travel with work and usually stay in budget hotels such as the Premier Inn and they all have irons. A reasonable request would be too purchase more irons so guests are not waiting to use them.

The food is ok, but restaurants are very busy and they only have one restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which meant a lot of queuing. We are now considering getting up earlier to miss the crowds at breakfast.

The wifi is very poor at this hotel and we have only managed to get onto the Internet a couple of times. I will be surprised if I manage to send this review.

It is impossible to get a sun bed by the pool and there are towels on beds all day and night, which I think should be stopped.

This hotel is affordable luxury, but I have been to much better hotels and had better service from lesser star hotels. This is my first review on trip advisor, but the staff are very rude and I felt my comments needed to be read by others.

11 Thank Bretsteb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is our second visit ,to the riu palace tikida ,we love it .
Very friendly staff ,nice food with lots of variety ,I particularly enjoy lunch outdoors overlooking the promenade with a bottle of rosé wine ...bliss

Room Tip: High floor pool sea view ...you can't go wrong
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Andrew H
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed in Marrakesh for 3 days then arrived at the Palace on June 13th.Our room was not ready on arrival but this was not a problem as we went down to the pool for a few hours.When we eventually got a room we had been upgraded to a massive suite.It was amazing!!!!.Everything about the hotel was superb,location,staff,grounds,food etc.The beach was clean and there were plenty of beds.We were expecting the sea to be cold but it was just perfect.The walk on the promenade to the marina is a must.The Krystal restaurant was excellent at no extra cost.All in all we had a fabulous holiday.

3 Thank susan d
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent ten days in June at the hotel via Thomson. We had paid extra for a pool view and, when we arrived (at midnight) we were ground floor in one corner with a very limited view. A quick call to a very helpful reception got us moved to a top floor room with a sea and pool view straight away which was perfect! The quality of the food for buffet meals was good and all the staff were very helpful. Only point that lets it down slightly is the evening entertainment - the resident band played the same set list every night in one of two bars. Overall, loved it and would definitely return in the future plus recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Susie-Lincs
Newbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Worst riu we have been too. Well we're do I start. We arrived and no one to take our bags or welcome us, paid for a pool view faced a brick wall if you have odd room number bad luck. It then took 3 more rooms before we had one and that was because I started complaining as it took till 3pm the next day to get it spent whole first day waiting as kept saying room being cleaned then not ready. Then there's the entertainment well what there is of it if you want a fun holiday with music things going on DON'T go here its like the staff don't want to get involved and the evening music starts at 9:30 unless there's football on and stops at 11 so when Spain v Italy went to extra time we had 20 mins of entertainment it's the same act night after night. Then there's the staff some seem to have an attitude towards the English and takes forever to get served found a couple who were a good laugh and stuck to them. The door on our room didn't close properly and every time someone from the hotel went in they left it open. Told reception but fell on deaf ears. The food isn't that good either as quite often on breakfast it was all cold and the counters were not big enough to cater for all the people and had to que for ages.as for the weather well if u want clouds but warmth come here if not go somewhere else as they rarely get it. They say 24 hrs room service but if u want a drink even water u won't get it. We have been to riu all over the world and this is not to there normal standard it's a shame as a lovely hotel but they all need to go to the palmeria in Marrakech to learn how to treat people and do the food. And last as had enough of talking about this place it was my partners 50 whilst over there and had pre arranged a al a carte and all the trimmings to celebrate and when ewe got there got told not happening but funny they do it for certain people must have been because I moaned at the start. If u r deciding to go here or Marrakech go to Marrakech as they can't do enough the whole coach when we arrived asked to go back to Marrakech were they we were treated with respect and nothing to much trouble see review of that hotel. There it was a 4 star here 5 star should be other way round

Room Tip: Worst riu we have been too. Well we're do I start. We arrived and no one to take our bags or wel...
2 Thank Nigel S
south shields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First of all, the room has a kettle and two decent sized mugs! I wish Thomsons could mention this in brochure or read on here as would have saved me taking both, useful to know before hand.

Yes, the hotel, food, staff, grounds are lovely. Two gripes for me having stayed in Tikida Palmeraie, Marrakech. No BBC1 or ITV. I know you don't go on holiday for TV but it's a nice touch to watch something familiar first thing, getting ready or when you return to room as the TP in Marra is only 4* and has this. My husband wanted to watch the England-Aussie rugby and had to go to and find somewhere showing this. We queried this and was told it was because of the 'make up' of the clients. Clearly, not enough British at hotel but this is not going to stop anyone going as it is a fabulous hotel.

The room is lovely with those little extras that make it nice. A flexible reading light, stocked bar, kettle with tea/milk as mentioned. However, to straighten my hair, which takes a while, I had to unplug the TV so I could be near a mirror, or you could use the plug at one of the bedsides and use mirror on opposite wall but it would have been nice to have a seating and mirror area together for this and make up.

Would I go back? No, simply because I have been to Marrakesh three times and as a resort it wins hands down. Agadir, as people have mentioned, has very little to offer. Also, after four visits think I have had enough of queuing for 45 mins after long flight at passport control. More staff needed. This was worse on return. We had two check outs open for Manchester which were rediculously long. It took 55mins to get to front in this stuffy airport and then a further 20 mins to get though passport contrso on your feet for 75mins with not a seat in sight.

Just want to say all the staff are lovely and i fyou have booked you can't fail to enjoy!

Room Tip: Our first room was on top floor overlloking the neighbouring hotels tennis court and a car park. I...
1 Thank paulineb42
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

How can anyone say this was a bad hotel, from start to finish we loved every bit of it, we have also travelled extensively and can without say this is the best 5 * hotel we have stayed in for service and decor and amenities.

The satff from the groundsmen to the manager were superb, always helpful and and always smiling.

Trust me I am a grumpy sod when it come to Customer Service and value for money and have no complaints at all for our stay, in fact there is one complaint, Too much fantastic food available, !!!

Trips were well planned and guides excellent, weather good, food good , rooms brilliant, loved it loved it, loved it .

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have views and were so quiet
5 Thank Principals