Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir
Kenzi Europa(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$62
$172
$148
Atlantic Palm Beach Apart Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$46
$41
$135
$117
Atlantic Palace Agadir(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelocity
$149
$140
4,300 results
All reviewskrystal restaurantpool areajack danielsbranded drinksassistant managermain restauranta la carte restaurantsswim up barmini barbar stafffantastic hotellunch restaurantanimation teamevening entertainmentgreat holidayplenty of sunbedslarge balcony
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The good and the bad we arrived independently as we booked direct with the hotel and was greeted with friendly smiles a drink on arrival.
We tried the safe in the morning the central keys on pad did not work, numerous visits to reception where there was a lot of confusion of a calling a outside contractor.after arranging a time to be in the room no one arrived a wasted morning waiting , after another trip to reception I was assured this time we did not need to be in the room and yes it was fixed after 5 days.
Day 2 as poster below has said myself and my husband both felt queasy and I had loose stools not diarreah every day this is very unusual for me it is the 1st holiday I have ever been ill ,we were in Egypt in March with no problems for either of us ,my husband can have a couple of days with tummy upset but he fared better than me this time,We use hand gel always and we knew the ice is not made from bottled water so avoided this.
It was not caused by excess sun or drink
After a number of days of trying to work out what was causing this we stopped drinking any hot drinks at breakfast or coffee during the day .
This appeared to settle my stomach I thought great then Saturday evening things returned with a vengeance for both of us.I am still awaiting result from the Dr's.

As the mini bar restocking was erratic after we never had water replaced for 3 days we asked at reception if this could be restocked, they told us it should be daily.
On the Sunday we again had no water I went to the restaurant instead of ringing room service as when we had previously asked for water it had taken a long time to arrive, and asked for some water so we could at least clean our teeth as I had used the last on a re hydration sachet during the night the waiter had to ask the head waiter, who I then had to speak to who would not let me take a bottle but said he would arrange for room service to bring some this did turn up some 7 hours later.
I spoke to Raphael the assistant manager about the water used for hot drinks this is not bottled water but they do filter the water and check pH levels twice a day, he did say sometimes they have to send the water back.
My husband did see the towel man take towels from the dirty storage cage refold and put back on the counter after this I kept our towels and washed them myself as this could contribute to how many people were ill when we were there.
We are not big drinkers 3 Vodka's a night/day we we found the continually ran out of Smirnoff Vodka, at the beginning Raphael apologised as the had had a problem for 3 days fair enough.

Bar staff would tell us to go to a different bar or that they had run out completely until the next day it seemed like it is rationed I don't feel we should have to chase a bottle of Vodka around the complex we rarely had waiter service but preferred to get our own
To many people hogging beds from 7am onwards management should stop this there were fights over beds a people wanting parasols each.
We would walk on the beach in the morning at go down to the pool odd days after 4pm when beds and parasols are free
We had a fourth floor room on the left side of reception this did have a sewerage smell on and off for the duration we did not mention this as I did not feel up to moving rooms we do know someone complained enough times and got moved to a suite.

We booked a late checkout room until 6pm we then asked about booking a taxi to the airport we were told on the day before and at checkout we could get one outside the hotel where we had seen one sometimes during the day.
This is not the case after trying to get a taxi for 30 mins with the doorman's help who was walking up and down the road trying to find one the concierge came out and to cut a long story short there is never any taxis outside at night as the shops across the road do not allow taxis to park there in the evening Riu reception must be aware of this.
A mini bus driver who was there at the time was in discussion with the concierge proceeded to load our cases, we were still asking at this stage if the driver was going straight to the airport or picking up at other hotels on route it transpired he was and could give no time details, the driver and concierge had raised voices and the driver left after unloading our cases.
This was not a nice end to the holiday.
We concierge arrange a car from a company who run from inside the hotel at extra cost than we paid originally but we had no choice but to pay the extra

The good points the complex and reception is very nice the rooms are spacious the cleaners do a fantastic job with the room and reception areas kept spotless
The gardens are maturing nicely and the gardeners busily working during the day
The beach is great you can walk for about 30 mins either side of hotel on the promenade or beach,
Restaurant staff always smiling and helpful
I read reviews and sometimes thing they are being a bit picky i could have nit picked more this is a fair review of our holiday and the few problems we had could easily have be rectified, not sure on the upset stomach as there were people worse than me so maybe the acidophilus we take helped us.
But enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tp0t
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here from 10th september for 10 nights with my boyfriend.
When we arrived we had to change rooms as there was a strong smell of dirty drains in the room. The receptionist did move us straight away. At times you would get a whiff of the same smell round the corridors. Obviously a drainage problem. Putting this aside we both had a really good time, the room was really nice, enough room in the wardrobe and the few draws. Mini bar was re stocked all the time and if you ran out of anything, if you just asked staff they would give you more.
The towel saga is a joke and we only did it as others were and so we could get a bed. The hotel really need to sort this out.
The whole staff were really friendly and would always chat to you and make you feel welcome. There was always staff cleaning around the hotel everyday.
The food was very good in the buffet restaurant for all the 3 meals. Plenty if choice and the dishes cookoed in the Tangines were the best.
We did eat in the Moroccan restaurant which was nice food but very small portions, staff very attentive.
The krystal we walked out, the food and service was awful. But whilst there another guest that stayed there spoke the manager about the quality and he apparently changed the Chef and the menu, so may have improved now.
We met loads of really nice people staying at the hotel.
There is not much to do near by and we wlaked to the Marina which is a nice walk (about 35mins) and lots of restaurants on route. We never thought much of the Marina as not much there a few shops and resaturants. Nothing special.
We also went to the Souk, now that was an experience, if you go in and look they think you are buying and hassle you and then follow you up the road if you dont agree with their price, so lots of haggling, which did get on my nerves but I supose part of their culture. You justt need to be firm with them. I would recommend you go for the experience.
We have never stayed at a Riu or all inclusive before and we will be doing more of this and looking at other Riu hotels for future holidays.
I would return here but not so soon as would like to travel else where.

Room Tip: We never booked a pool view but wish we had, so make sure you book pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 38Liz
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great holiday choice this year, lovely warm weather and have ended up with a cracking tan. You can't fault the cleanliness or the helpfulness of the staff, however I was terribly ill and witnessed lots of other guest experience the same these last two weeks. I think there is a bug going around the hotel but no-one can pinpoint the source. It struck on day 2 and started with tummy gripes, I ended up doubled over in pain and my husband had to go to the pharmacy to buy me 3 sets of pills to get over it. I didn't really eat for 4 days. I think I could count 10 other people I met who had the same symptoms as me. I don't want to spoil the holiday for anyone, and I think this is just a bug which could be wiped out with good guest hygiene. The rest of our stay was great. My one minor quibble would be the hard bed, and after spending a lot of time in it was to hard to relax ( felt like sleeping on wood). Would I go back, no - if I hadn't of been ill then yes. I am also a coeliac which means no gluten and the hotel was amazing at catering for this, special pancakes for breakfast, pizza and pasta available for dinner. Talk to the assistant manager ( mr smiley ) when you arrive and he will go out of his way to cater for you. I was one of 50 other guest with this requirement. Also take hand sanitizer with you for dinner times to try and stomp out this bug. Sorry I have to be negative, but honestly is the key with these reviews.

Room Tip: All rooms good, I wouldn't bother with upgrading, normal rooms suites.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank N0vice
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the Riu Palace Tikida for 6 nights in the middle of September. Hotel is very nice, but we found it a bit overwhelming at first having come from a riad in Marrakech where we were the only guests to be thrown in amongst so many people, but we soon got used to it.
The room was lovely, very modern and spacious and had everything we needed. Mini bar was stocked the day we arrived and then once more after we asked for it to be filled as we had no water. We did notice a smell of drains in the room in the evenings but it was always when we were getting back to the room to go to bed and we had always forgotten about it by the morning so never mentioned it to reception.
We didn't partake in the lounger rush in the mornings instead opting for the beach every day where it was much quieter and we enjoyed jumping the waves in the sea! There are a few people selling things on the beach but they don't really hassle you, opt for the loungers in the middle then they can't pester you at all!
We found the service very good and always had the same waiters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and bringing our drinks in the bar in the evening. Reception were also very good as we had a problem with our transfer when leaving for our next destination and they stayed in touch with our next hotel and together arranged a taxi for us.
We made the mistake of not booking into Krystal as soon as we arrived so we didn't get to eat there. We ate at the Moroccan and the Italian. We found the Moroccan quite disappointing and nowhere near as good as the food we had in Marrakech. The Italian was better. The food in the buffet was nice enough and quite a good selection - the desserts were really yummy! The cocktails were also very good, and all inclusive too!
I celebrated my birthday whilst I was there and I received a present from the hotel left in my room and then we were treated to a champagne dinner and a birthday cake in the evening which was a lovely touch.
Agadir itself isn't a particularly exciting place and doesn't feel much like Morocco, and not somewhere I would go back to. The weather was warm but it was always cloudy in the mornings until around lunchtime when the clouds had burned off. They often came back later in the afternoon and one day it was foggy all day but luckily that was the day we took a trip to Essaouira so we missed it! Still got a nice tan!
All in all the hotel is very good, and the staff keep it absolutely immaculate. The grounds are constantly being swept and washed, the floor in our room was washed every day, and given the number of people at the buffet restaurant in the evening it is very clean. I would say the hotel is too big to be classed as 5*, although it has all the facilities of a 5* hotel, it lacks the very attentive service and extra touches you would expect for 5 stars.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grandlapin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful relaxing holiday at this 1st class hotel!
The only fault i could find was the bath was slippery and no bath mats were in room.
When i brought it up at checkout i was told if i'd asked at reception they could have provided one! (silly me)
will certainly be returning in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple