$250
Kenzi Europa(Agadir)
$124
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Atlantic Palace Agadir(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$125
$122
$177
$145
$159
$148
Argana Hotel(Agadir)
1,649 results
All reviewsprestige suitebose sound systemmaintenance issuesprivate beachstylish roomspool areaturn down servicedirect access to the beachbreakfast servicelarge poolmini barpool staffhotel is beautifulsofitel agadirmoroccan teaseparate toiletspecial thanks
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I were booked into the "old" Sofitel next door but were very disappointed with the first room offered, which was very tired and smelt of drains. Whilst waiting for them to prepare a replacement room we had a look around the "new" Sofitel Thalassa next door and what a difference! The standard room offered was immaculate and the management offered us a transfer at a not insignificant supplement. Having viewed the replacement room in the "old" Sofitel we decided to accept the supplement and move into the Thalassa.
This was the correct descion for us, as from the outset the staff made us feel very special and the ambience of the hotel was very relaxing, and exuded 5* quality. The pool area was excellent but in particular the standard of food and service in the restaurant was the best I've ever experienced in a hotel and more like a Mitechelin starred restaurant. The staff throught the hotel were great and couldn't do enough for us. As a new hotel there were a couple of minor irritations,one being the repetative lift music and another having to keep asking for butter, salt and pepper on the dining tables but if you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing hotel in Agadir then I can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have a better view of the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DGPEngland
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

I will share your comments with our team.
I am sure that this feedback will serve as an additional encouragement to our Ambassadors as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback : please rest assured that we will take the appropriate measures to address the areas of improvement you kindly mentioned and prevent future occurrence.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Visited for 4 nights in June sharing with a female friend. Was upgraded from the 'old' Sofitel next door as it was full which seemed to be everyone else's experience also. I'm not complaining, this hotel is beautiful, kind of 'grand zen chic', minimalist yet opulent at the same time if that's not too much of a contradiction in terms. Our room which was twin (although might as well be a double as the beds are literally right up together with no gap whatsoever). So you really need to know you're room-mate very well indeed. The shower has see through glass through to the bedroom area so there is no privacy whatsoever. We had a lovely little patio and a small patch of garden overlooking the pool areas and onwards towards the sea which was gorgeous. (although our loungers were removed one day and never came back) The pools are fantastic and the loungers/four poster sun beds are a brilliant touch. Everything(and I mean everything) was immaculate. And all staff (and I mean all) staff were very polite, smiley and friendly. This hotel has only been open a few months, so there are a few kinks to iron out. If I'm going to be ultra fussy there were a couple of slight niggles: 1)shower design faulty flooded significantly every day during use. 2) Tea at breakfast seems to be confusing for staff. Struggled to get tea bag, hot water and milk on the table at the same time, a Brit preference I'm sure. 3) Blocking of loungers AND the curtained four poster sun beds at the pool by some who would put an item of clothing on them before breakfast and then not even use them until late in the afternoon. This became hugely annoying and there needs to be an explicit policy that does not allow this to happen. You often came down to find two sunloungers AND one four poster bed blocked by what might turn out to be just one couple for instance. We often had nowhere. The 'back row' of beds are hard to get the attention of staff for food and drinks. 4)Service by pool very mixed. Friendly and polite always but not often efficient never got a front lounger, it does seem to be better if you do. 5) When you take your towel to the poolside (so that you can use it as you get out of the pool), it is efficiently removed and not returned, this is frustrating. 6)Food (dinner) was very very bland and repetitive (and I'm assuming healthy), nothing to call it Moroccan which was a little disappointing. As a vegetarian I was fully underwhelmed. It was all lovely to look at, clean and fresh and served very politely but just didn't taste of anything. Desserts though were very lovely. These small things I mention only as it is a new hotel so it can target these areas for improvement if it wishes-I still give it 5 stars because really it was overall super. Agadir itself was uninspiring as it is new, so buildings are new (the' old' mosque was built in 1988!). An earthquake before I was born, basically took all its 'interest' away. A few blocks up from the beach is just a massive building site(albeit of very elite and expensive properties). Although not much activity going on when we 'got lost' trying to find the souk. The promenade is wide and pristine but be warned the walk to restaurants and clubs is not the 15 minutes the rep tells you, 35 minutes plus for sure, but it's warm so who cares. Agadir is very very clean and felt safe as two women alone. The sun comes out at around midday as the morning cloud evaporates, making mornings an excellent time to do whatever activities you are interested in (be prepared to spend your afternoon without a sunlounger back at the hotel though). The cocktail bar is gorgeous with lush cocktails. We went every evening after dinner, it was just a shame we were the only ones present the whole time we were there so it lacked a little social ambience.We only ever stayed for one drink because of this but could easily have been persuaded to stay well into the small hours spending cocktail money, if we had not been alone. We did not use the absolutely beautiful 'a la carte' restaurant' just for one reason there was never anybody in it and it is so opulent we would have felt awkward being the only ones. Such a shame because we really wanted to. Sadly we did not find the energy to use the spa facilities(we didn't really realise about it until it was too late) but I heard from others on the transfer back to the airport that it is 'utterly stunning'. If I was to return to Agadir I would without hesitation pick this hotel to stay in as it has a classy discreet ambience to it. Overall this is a lovely hotel indeed and of every hotel we passed, looked in on, or compared ours to, this one comes out on top. Nothing compares to it. If you are lucky enough to be upgraded to this hotel : Smile! you just got a lucky break.

Room Tip: Tip: the garden rooms overlooking the pool area are better than balcony rooms, you have a patio AND a garden area with loungers. They surround the pool and are therefore very convenient for breakfast on the pool terrace, spa entrance by the pool, the cocktail bar and everything else for that matter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank R M
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Madame,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the new Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your 4 nights stay with us and were pleased with the facilities offered in and around hotel.

I have taken note of your comments with regard to the restaurant and the pool area, and I would like to assure you that your valuable feedback has been positively taken on board and shared with the concerned managers to ensure that necessary action are taken to rectify any shortfalls in our standards.

Thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward in welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were a family party of 12 (8 adults & four 20 something). 4 of us were vegetarians(but not vegans). My party of 4 traveled from Toronto,Canada while the others from London,UK. We booked for Sofitel not knowing what to expect. Our travel dates were Jun12-Jun19 & just returned. Due to rooms being filled up at "OLD" Sofitel, we were invited graciously to stay at the "NEW" Sofitel(i.e TS & S). The TS & S, we were told just opened in Mar.2012. From the time we all checked in to the day of departure, we were treated with excellent service and attention. The rooms were clean & laid out with "details" in mind. Food was exceptional & plentiful for Vegetarians. Boarders at TS & S also had full access to Al a Carte dinners at the "OLD" sofitel but with very limited vegetarian dishes on the menus. Unlike the Caribbean All Inclusive resorts, TS & S offered "Half Board" (i.e includes full breakfasts and dinners ) The Pool and hotel grounds were well manned with staffs and very helpful. French & Arabic are primary language but staffs knew enough English to get by. Management staffs were always on premises. Kudos to Eduardo,Ceril, Najat & Hasnaa. Hope the resort can maintain their # 2 ranking status as they have just recently opened.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CndTravellers

Dear Madame, Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us, and we are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay at our Resort.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time of writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome you back shortly.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I have never rated anything with all 5... Till now. It was my first sofitel and I have been really impressed. The service is excellent and managers will listen to you for any issue. The hotel is beautifully designed. The sea-water warmed pool was amazing. I might not be so sure about the spa services, which for there is competition in the city. But the free service pool and hamam are great. You will also like the gym if you work out.
My deluxe room was facing a dune. It eas perfect. I have never had such a comfotable bed! The room facilities are 100% good. In a few words, rooms are spacious, designed, comfortable - I felt like a prince.
My companion got a prestige suite... OMG! It was royal, really.
Also, as a guest there, we could use restaurants, pools, private beach and the club of the other "old" sofitel - the Royal Bay Sofitel. Just a path separates between them, but the rooms quality (I visited the rooms there by curiosity) makes the Sofitel Thalassa Sea and Spa look like a six-star establishement.
At the condition they will keep in mind that customer service is a key parameter in the hospitality industry, remain humble and train well their staff, these guys could reach the world top-10.
As in their slogan, they made my life magnifique for my first time in that city.
I give a 5/5. Well done Guys, keep improving! And merci for all.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Professor_Camel

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, on behalf on the entire team I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed in the new 'spa' hotel, in June '12.
The rooms are of an ultra modern design, with excellent quality beds and furnishings, but some practicalities need ironing out - the movement sensor light in the wardrobe was really annoying after a few days, and there's not much surface area to put anything down. The designer shower was very nice, but leaked constantly. I still give this hotel an excellent, as the staff are as good as I've come across in recent years.
The pool area staff in particular deserve a mention - very professional.
Food and drink are of a very good quality, if a little expensive. If you're unhappy with the prices, walk down the beach (promenade walk) for about 10 minutes, where you'll find the local bars and restaurants are well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmallen04

Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the facilities available at the hotel as well as with the service of our Ambassadors.

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the room experience.
Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken on board and will be shared with the concerned managers and the team for immediate corrective action.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Agadir.

Kind regards,