“Most relaxed place with friendly people!”

Devils Rock Surf Camp
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agadir
Devils Rock Surf Camp
Ranked #60 of 94 Specialty Lodging in Agadir
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The staff is really nice! So warm and friendly, they just feel like friends. This cosy place makes you actually feel home abroad and it's also the perfect spot to hang out with some other surfers. You will discover the good spots soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I went out to Morocco by myself, didn't have a clue what to expect and i was most certainly NOT disappointed!! Wadia picked me up at the airport, took me up to the old city and then on to the surf camp. They were so friendly and welcoming, i hadn't even settled into my lovely clean room, and i was already being offered tea and lining up to play games of pool. The food was fantastic too!!! I had never surfed before and was standing up on my board within no time at all. And teh trip to Paradise Valley was AMAZING! I can say without a doubt that this was the best 2 weeks i had ever had and i really can't wait to back to the the friends i made there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Definately stay here! Agadir is amazing and even if you don't want to surf 24/7 the boys will find plenty of things to do to entertain. For example we went to some incredible waterpools inland and were cooked tagine on the rocks, cliff diving and chilling with a wild dog! I will never forget it!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

These people don't have a surf camp!! they are very lazy and look for easy money, first they sell you that you will surf everyday and you will go to different spots and food is great all included and transport for 19 pounds, this will not happen...the owner goes party at night and sleep in the only sofa there is downstairs in front of the pool table untill 9 or 10, have to wait for food( most of the time), there is no supermarket, they don't have good boards and transport only want to go to this very crowded spot driving very fast The place is located a few hundred meters from the nearest surf,
it's not as consistent as other spots near taghazout area with quality waves.
The rooms are very dirty and there are cats everywhere, searching in the rubish that's been thrown outside inside a broken bucket, smells very bad
the little terrace is only 3 by 4 with 4 plastic chairs and a tiny table always occupied by the staff : three little surfers and the chef
The manager is a black guy (i forget his name) was always very moody and when you ask him what the locals said about surf conditions in other places he would say he knows what he is doing and the only spot working was that one, he will not discuss .I unplugged his phone by mistake a couple of times and told him to go to la source break and he was all angry wanting to break people's faces.
This is a ripoff!! They are only friendly with you before you pay them, and if you pay in advance that's it they don't keep the cleaning and cooking on time, and try to sell you things all the time My initial plan was to stay for 3 weeks but After 5 days i decided to ask for the money back for the rest of the payment and only half was refunded.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DamianLanzarote
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Just got back from a fab surf holiday. Waves were great and as a new surfer i learnt to stand up on my board really quick by great teaching from Taffik. House was cool, really relaxing and a very Moroccan style. Enjoyed the atmosphere, food and chilled out vibe. Hassan cooked great food and staff were all really friendly and kind especially sweet Anwar. My bedroom was great, clean and simple with all that i needed. Had a great time and definately will be going back next time with a group of mates.

Room Tip: All bedrooms looked great, can choose from singles, twin, double and bunk bed rooms which would be f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I don't know where to start...We have been picked up from bus station by Wadia (the only helpful person there) and taken to Camp. There was no other guests.We have got tiny room with no windows, squicky bed and not very clean bedding (so I slept in my cloths). There was bathroom next door, every time when you flushed the water it sounded like a ball is going through pipes, we had no warm water and shower basin was so shallow that flooded bathroom and had to scrape water from floor using a special sponge...No restaurant nearby, so we were hungry until Wadia cooed for us Tagine (bless him). Breakfast next day was dry baguette with jam and margarine, all sticky and looking horrible, they even didn't have tea, I had my own. I wanted cry and was sooo upset.
My husband wanted surf, that's why we went there...but there was no surf boards to borrow!! on their website you can see a nice selection of boards, but the owner sold them long time ago!! you won't have any choice. Also the owner lives in England so he doesn't really know what people need, also all booking process is through him, but he did confused us many times. In the end he apologized (he arrived at the time we were there) and Wadia took us to the real hotel in Agadir. Overall, if you are going with bunch of boys, you have your own surfboards, you don't care about comfort and you like play pool (which they have) then try it.

Room Tip: There are other surf school / camps.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple