Riad Villa Blanche
Omega Hotel(Agadir)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsturn down servicespa areajunior suitesmall thingsbody lotionpastillawalk in wardrobepancakesspoke frenchsteam roomwonderful weekminute walk to the beachmoroccan cuisinetour operatoryogurtbreakfast and dinneragadir beach
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After spending 2 busy sightseeing days in Marrakech, we were looking forward to 5 relaxing days at Riad Villa Blanche, which we already booked in July 2013.

This place has some really great facilities - the pool and spa area is nice and quiet, restaurant has a great menu and the rooms are really nice and luxurious. Unfortunately the staff service is really poor and our room was located in an inconvenient place - just next to the main staircase of the hotel.

The hotel restaurant is quite popular, which means a lot of guests coming and going at night. We therefore did not get much sleep since the rooms are quite poorly isolated and we would therefore be kept up until 3 o' clock the first night. On the second night it was the same and around 1 am we told the reception about the problem and asked for some earplugs. They promised to send some to our room, but all we got after 40 mins. was some make-up remover pads, which was ridiculous…And just for the record, we've never experienced any problems in sleeping at hotels.

On the third day we asked for another room and a discount for our 2 first nights. Since the hotel was fully booked, we could not get another room until our fourth night, but they would buy some earplugs and give us a discount (after a lot of discussion with their manager). Earplugs helped a lot, but not really what we expected for our holiday trip. A new and better room was given, but when we had to pay our hotel bill they had no recollectioon of the promised discount, and since all managers had left for the day there was nothing they could do about it! This was really disappointing, unprofessional and am annoying way for my girlfriend and I to end our stay in Agadir.

Furthermore, the overall staff service is very poor. None of the employees could remember our room number or names and you have to tell them everything twice. In the end we ended up joking about it with some of the other guests who had the same experience. And if you do not speak french or arabic you will experience that a large number of the staff will have problems understanding you.

Unfortunately it really didn't seem that the staff had any interest in improving their service and it's really a shame since Riad Villa Blanche is so beautiful and could be a fantastic place to stay. Too bad...

5  Thank Adam H
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and i stayed here for 2 nights during a trip around Morocco and loved it - the Riad is stunning and so well designed and thought out. Our room is amongst the nicest that we have stayed in anywhere and the bar area is just lovely for a drink before dinner.As our stay was short we did not eat there, but would have loved to. The pool area was beautiful however we were told to be quiet as treatments were going on, which was understandable but we weren't being rowdy and it was a bit limiting in terms of us having a nice time. It is a short cab ride to the main restaurants and bars or alternatively a 30 minute walk along the sea front. Will definitely return and would highly recommend.

2  Thank GillMcC1978
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the first review I have ever written after staying in many hotels around the world and using tripadvisor as a reliable source of advice.
I just do not understand why this hotel is ranked as number 1 in Agadir.
My husband and I came here for a short break to celebrate our anniversary. I won't list all the positives as they have already been pointed out countless times. Everywhere smells nice and the decor is lovely.
However, the menu (during our stay) was limited to around 5 or 6 options and we were told this is the same every day. We only happened to like the look of one option and didn't fancy eating the same thing every meal time. I think this is very limited for a 4* hotel with rave reviews.
The pool is DISGUSTING. There were living things swimming around in it!! Dead flies on the surface is one thing but actual living creatures swimming around... No thank you.
And the small garden/pool area backs on to a main road so you can be literally a few feet from a noisy car driving by the other side of the bush.
Also, there is no paid or English TV. I know this is a small problem but, actually, if you want to spend a relaxing evening in bed watching movies, this is not an option if you're English speaking. Which I would imagine a lot of visitors are.
After walking (10 mins or so) down to the beach we found a handful of much, much nicer hotels and decided we'd like to move in order to enjoy the rest of our stay, eating nice food and swimming in a nice clean pool. After all, this is what we enjoy most on holiday!
Finally, when I went to reception to tell them we wanted to leave, we were told we would not be entitled to a refund as we had prepaid through Expedia. I had 4 or 5 conversations with reception staff, including the manager, and not once did a single person ask me what the problem was. Absolutely no interest in finding out what was wrong and whether they could fix it.
If this hotel wasn't ranked so high and given so very many positive reviews I wouldn't bother reviewing myself. But I think it's important to get a balanced view in order to make your choice and not be disappointed as we were.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank HannahWeller
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We selected this hotel as Tripadvisor gave it a number 1 rating. We stayed 7 days including Xmas. I can summise this hotel very simply....outstanding food, some of the best ever, outstanding rooms, beautiful views and a very relaxing spa with all the facilities. However, this is not a 5 star facility, good but not excellent . The chef is outstanding and you cannot fault it is any way, breakfast is an event and could keep you going all day. We experienced Xmas lunch and had one of the best meals EVER. My critiques include limited understanding of the English language, a problem for ordering food and especially room service, I would expect more linguistic skills outside of French from a 5 star hotel. Service is slow, regardless of service ordered, my simple room service requests took nearly an hour even after I reminded them I was waiting. The pools, inside and out were a big bonus along with the free gym sauna and hot tub were very pleasurable. The hotel is about 40 min walk for the center of everything, but only a cheap taxi ride , about £3 one way. The beach is only a 5 min walk and excellent , only the nagging vendors spoil it, but they ignore you if you can simply say NO.

Hotel room staff were great, making the room up twicea day, including water delivery, candles, chocs and turndown service.

I did however make one complaint to management, local dogs, possibly security dogs seem to bark most of the evening. This did disturb me a lot, but not as much as the smoking. The web site states there are designated smoking areas, in fact the entire hotel is a designated smoking area,bar, pool, restaurant, rooms, reception , just about everywhere and it seems that all the French visitors SMOKED!!! Avoid this hotel if you do not want smell smoke, I would have not come here knowing that smoking was allowed everywhere.

Our stay gave us everything we looked for, it could have been better if English could have been understood and service a little faster .

Room Tip: Avoid the corner where the power generators are located.
2  Thank RayandSuzette
Reviewed November 4, 2013

What a great Riad to stay at, hotel is beautiful and the facilities are excellent. The staff were very helpful and ready to accommodate any request.

The food in the restaurant is good but having spent a week in Morocco before arriving at this Riad, I would not classify the restaurant is not value for money. You will easily find superior food at a 1/3 the price elsewhere.

If you are looking for a quite spot this is a must but its 40 min walk to the main entertainment spots.

Drink in the bar is expensive by Moroccan standards (wine is expensive by any standards). If planning to have a night of festivities the petite taxi will pay for itself before too long.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor can be disrupted by the noise of the showers from the floor below. Not sure if there are in issues with the lower floors in terms of noise. Breakfast was not included in our booking and we were quoted EUR 16 per person for breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple