“Lovely restaurant - pity about the entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Jazz - CLOSED

Le Jazz
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
wigan
“Lovely restaurant - pity about the entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Le Jazz is a lovely restaurant on the Avenue 20 Aout, spotlessly clean, the staff are attentive without being obtrusive, the owner is a lovely man and rightly proud of his restaurant, not being a "fish" person I can only convey what other people have said and they rave about the fish, the steak is delicious and no more expensive than less good restaurants, that being said, they used to have an excellent lady singer there but now it is a man who quite frankly couldn't hold a tune in a bucket, I have never heard so many songs mangled in such a way, that apart it is well worth a visit, just remember the ear plugs.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank WiganBobby

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food with 'something to start' and excellent humorous service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

We initially found this place walking from La Kasbah Coralia club hotel, we were in a rush, only had 20mins. The waiter said he could be very quick and pointed out quick options. It was very quick. He brought bread and lovely olives immediately and our mains were ready in 10mins.

The next day we went back and he remembered us. We had more time on this visit! Recommended the seafood skewers, the monkfish was DIVINE! The waiter was efficient and funny. The food was good value too.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank SophieFoxen
Meath, Ireland
“Chilled out dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

Le Jazz is a really smart looking restaurant and very clean.The staff were really nice. I had my first lamb tagine here and really enjoyed it. It wasnt served with any side orders so remember to ask for them. My boyfriend had a really nice fish dish and we had really fresh strawberries and good quality icecream for dessert. It lacked atmosphere simply because we were there quite early and the crowd hadnt arrived I think. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank cmurph033
London, United Kingdom
“best fish soup EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

as a chef in london I choose my words carefully when I say Le Jazz's fish soup is amazing!!!
Great restaurant, great staff, excellent value for money! I can only guess the poor review on this restaurant was a one off. It annoys me greatly when people always blame their sickness on the restaurant! Nothing to do with the 12 pints youv'e just drank or the sun? Food poisoning can lay dormant in your stomach for 90 days, so how these part-time ezperts seem able to pin point it to a certain restaurant is beyond me! 2 courses with wine only 400DM

1 Thank paulandellie
Galway, Ireland
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

this restaurant is not a good choice. We had been looking forward to eating here and were very disappointed by the food. It was bland, tasteless and left my boyfriend sick after his meal. It is also expensive and I feel not worth the money, The top 3 are much better choices