“Nice appart/ hotel”

Golden Beach Appart-Hotel
Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice apartment / hotel - nothing special but very clean, friendly staff and perfectly pleasant. Rooms big and open plan with mini kitchens that are adequate for the occassional meal and for breakfasts. A very clever room design ensures space and privacy. Rooms have balconies and sitting areas. Stayed here one week and really pleased I chose this against a traditional hotel.
Pool area very nice with plenty of sunbeds and a nice large clean pool, suitable for swimming in and also cooling off. Distance to beach approx 400m, distance to centre of resort approx 1500m.
Negatives- no bar in hotel and no where local to buy beer or food. (there is a supermarket (Marjon) but about 2000m and would need a taxi ) small shop in hotel but only suitable for bread / milk etc. A small bar or vending machine in the pool area would have massively improved the hotel. I feel the hotel is really missing a trick here.
Other negative - I booked a massage / hammam through the hotel (as recommended- Musee spa) it was excellent hammam / massage for a couple at 350dh each. I tried to book the same a few days later as i enjoyed it so much. When I was picked up I was taken to a competitor spa and not the one as requested and which I thought I had booked. I clearly stated where I wanted to go and although English was not the receptionists first language I believed he understood. A different receptionist told me he probably received a commission for sending me to the second spa - not necessarily the hotels fault but actions like this need to be stopped and I would mark this hotel down one star for this action.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingjohn123

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks and cannot thank the staff enough they were all so friendly towards us and anything we wanted they delivered nothing was to much trouble . This was going to be our last visit to agadir but after staying here we will be back again to stay at golden beach we had room 210 which was perfect balcony with sun all day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesandjackie
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have enjoyed the good prizes and the nice, personalized service at Golden Beach Appartment Hotel for many years, this year 2013 even for a months stay. Very friendly staff, clean rooms - and a good view of the Agadir beach. A peak experience: to follow the magnificent sunset from the veranda! Minus: the quality of the restaurant. But even there very serviceminded personell.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geir G
Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesandjack
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lovely hotel; clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff. I was there for 7 days with two teenage kids. Our apartment could sleep four. We had a lovely balcony and the room was air-conditioned too. The hotel is close to the beach and not too far from the shops.

If it's your first time in Morocco, I would advise in preparing your bartering technique, otherwise you find yourself paying above the odds for goods in Agadir, especially in the very touristy part of Founty.

Overall, we had a brilliant and busy time there and the hotel staff were lovely.
I would definitely stay their again, but this time, without the kids because all the Moroccan women are HOT!!! :-D

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the pool or the front of the hotel for the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheHotstepper69
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had driven down via the mountains from Marrakesh to Agadir and by 5pm and on a grey day in October and I was needing a bed for the night. I came across the Golden Beach. It is just off the seafront and has parking outside. The room could have slept four and was furnished as a self catering apartment. It was not expensives but the place was bland. The internet connection was not good and there is a lack of places to eat in the area, although the hotel does food and their breakfast was good. The place is adequate and for a group of four ideal.The room had a kitchen,microwave and fridge. The walk to the beach takes about 10 minutes. The hotel does have a pool but I didn't use. Agadir just does not seem like Morocco.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice and quiet and have air conditioning.....which I did not need.Internet only seems...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Review of On the Beach: Zero communications from any Rep either in person or text or any other means of communication on arrival and throughout holiday. Had to make 4 separate mobile telephone calls at my extra cost’s to confirm our pickup for the airport which we had already paid for! So just got passed from pillar to post before getting to someone who could say yes we would be picked up. Didn't communicate that we would be very limited to 100Dh, (approx £7.32p) on what we could eat as part of the 1/2 board! and also wasn't told that this excluded any drink with either lunch or evening meal! Wasn't told that we would have to pay a tax to the hotel above and beyond what we had already paid!

Review of Hotel Golden Beach Agadir: We was first put in a room opposite the building site, and had either builders or people entering the building site watching us, so we got move to the other side which was waste land housing a pack of wild dogs! Small ants live on the kitchen work tops. No cups for Tea, and when I asked I just got given a glass, so I would advise you to take your own or buy a mug at the local open market for the best price. Most appliances didn't, like hot plate had only one ring working in both our rooms and also our friend’s room so we came to the conclusion that if both were working then it would trip the fuse box in the room which happened if you had the micro wave and single ring on at any one time! Micro wave had a grill but no up stand to reach it, had to change kettles in both rooms, and no plugs for sinks, extraction in bathroom noisy and dirty, and could only either use microwave or fridge at any one time due to single plug. Balcony doors didn't lock, and we was told that all safe's in the hotel were faulty, despite having written sheet in the room warning against theft and advising us to use the safe. Most staff did not speak good English in the restaurant, so often made errors with the limited amount of choices of food available. . Fly's in the Restaurant and fly trap over kitchen area switched off or not working. Birds in the Restaurant! No Satellite TV despite re-tuning in the TV which didn't even give an option for a Sat Signal. So no English channels, not even BBC world news! Televisions very much outdated. Swimming pool closed at 6.00pm and doors locked!, No Games room, just an old pool table outside by the pool, which was also lock out at 6.00pm. Sun Beds are uncomfortable if not broken, and no padded cushions available Hotel shop sold foods that were old of date, (cereal). Hotel run out of Orange juice for breakfast, and served the same continental type breakfast every day, no cereal, and on the last day one of our friends had a Yogurt that had a use by date earlier than the start of our holiday. You had to pay extra for eggs on toast even if you didn't have any of the other. The Hotel tried to charge me for extras from the Restaurant, even though what little extras we had I always paid cash for when leaving the Restaurant. The Hotel questioned if I had paid the Hotel Tax, even though I paid it on arrival from my first currency exchange! Some days Hotel did not have money to exchange, so we had to go to another hotel for this service.

Review of Agadir: Agadir is a pleasant place to visit with very friendly people and an interesting local fish port which is worth a visit, local open market which is called a Souk so ask for this when getting a taxi. They may try and take you to a local warehouse near the Souk and tell you the Souk is just Fruit, (Not True) but if you do get taken there, just get out and walk to the Souk which you can see from there. You can get very good Fruit though from the Souk like Oranges which we purchased 11 Oranges for less than a £1. Agadir has a Lovely beach coast. The sea is great even for non surfers. Best to shop at the local “Marjane” Supermarket where you can purchase alcohol, but take your passport as they have to sign you in to the drinks area of the supermarket, also Cigarettes are cheapest at the supermarket. Cost approx 15Dh to get to the Supermarket and about 40Dh to get back as you have less negotiating power with hands full of shopping. Some good Restaurants along the main sea front roads like Restaurant “ le Jardin d eau” which is one of the Best.

Room Tip: Be Strong and insist on a good room opposite the building works, as this is your well earned holiday...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family