Aferni Hotel
$80
$90
$83
  • Pool
Royal Mirage Agadir Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$67
Tildi Hotel & SPA(Agadir)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Breakfast included
$88
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsno alcoholwell located hotelswimming poollarge bathroomthe hotel offersfree wifirooms are cleanexodus10mincomfortloungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2011

my overall view on aferni hotel is good. i must say that this is a basic hotel, good value for money, very clean, i found the staff very helpfull and very polite. breakfast is the basic, french bread, laughing cow cheese and eggs. good location, shops next door with resturants and very close to the beach, id say a 8min walk away. i would definetly book at this hotel again. i do have to mention that we were right nevt to a mosk to be prepared to be woken up at 4.30 am.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Spent one week there and found this hotel suitable for maybe a business man to stay for a day or two but not for holiday. Why? There are a couple of reasons:
- very small hotel,
- about 20 min walk to the beach,
- breakfast contains only marmolade, bread and butter, coffee and small (very small) glass of orange juice (EVERY DAY the same!),
- the service is very slow (it took 4 days to replace the battery in the remote control) and I had to remind and ask for it,
- very small swimming pool,
- no activites at all,
- very noisy (from 9am throughout the day),
- the dinner starts there from 8pm (always delayed at least 10 min),
- no alcohol in the hotel,
I didn't see a cockroaches there but maybe because I was not looking for them and the hotel is quite clean. The dinner was varied, 2 course plus dessert but served too late.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Pawel N
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. We had three rooms, took the mother and three teenagers and it suited us all. Its a no alcohol hotel which suited us. There are plenty of bars in walking distance if required.
We booked bed and breakfast, but some days we ordered lunch which was reasonably priced and filling. Language is not a problem, even though husband is a Moroccan, we managed and didnt come across any difficulties at all.
The breakfast is bread, crossiant, jams and tea/coffee, juice. Its basic but there is plenty of it.
Rooms are cleaned every day, ( we also left a small tip). Bathrooms are basic but cleaned daily. Showers are powerful and hot.
Beach is amazing and plenty to do along the sea front. Take a look at the different restaurants though, as some are cheeky and over charge you. But most are honest and friendly. Agadir is a definate must for any age and type of break.

Room Tip: Clean and basic
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rhadswarks
Reviewed August 3, 2011

stayed here for my husbands 40th birthday, it was chilled food was lovely and staff were very friendly we paid 140 for 1 week half board for 2 so it was fab value for money its nothing fantastic looking but is really good value for money the pool was small but again was lovely to chill with the surrounding trees making very secluded it was lovely, the only down side to this is the hotel does not serve alcohol and it is expensive to go out in morroco, all in all a lovely hotel and would go back

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

In October of last year,my Wife and I stayed at a very nice,basic hotel in Agadir called "the Aferni Hotel". Nice people, continental breakfast and if like me your Wife/Partner is fluent in French and your request for a balcony room facing the pool area,is granted. Then its great. This May I went with my ex Fireman Friend. Same request. But no joy this time. Managed to have a balcony. But the front of the hotel is a BIT NOISEY, with traffic after the call to prayers at about 0430 and the fast food Aferni snack bar next door doing a nice passing trade , until 0200 to 0300.The row of orange trees outside are very nice to walk under,but the birds also like to remind you its dawn and if you have the french windows open for some fresh air. Take airplugs. This time my Friend and I ventured slightly further afield, then my Wife and I. The Marina is a nice long walk. You will pay about a third more for a coffee and soft drink then near the hotel. But it is the Marina. Do not and i must emphasise go to the Famous Fish Market . The fish market itself is fine. You know, interior circular market with landed fish. But you will be met with lots of young men who will give you cards to their,in our case "Fathers restaurent" We made the error of stopping for lunch. Asked in my pigeon french for a menue. Non forthcoming. Was shown a dish that others were eating. Of mixed fish plate.When it came. Really enough for 3 to 4 people. But the crunch was the hyper inflated bill. 3.5 times the amount i would have paid at the nearest really nice restaurent "al jeezire" behind the petrol station, 5 mins from the aferni. Actually 970 dirums was demanded. Now my French is limited to polite words and requests and there are no tourist police around. So we paid up, but be warned. A real shame, as we found two nice cafe /bars one called "the dome" enroute to the unprix supermarket and one through the bird park/small zoo,to the tourist train. On the left as you leave the park. That do a really nice local lager for between 22 and 18 dirums. So lesson learnt. Should have checked tripadvisor more closely

1  Thank Patrick S