Hilton Alger
$50
$206
$184
Cancelon
All reviewsbusiness tripsea viewcity centreairportexhibitionmercurepersonnel
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nice lobby and lounge. Great staff. Good quality food. Good security. The room I stayed in was old and needed updating, unless you are into furniture from the 70's. Clean bedding made it ok. Not the Hilton brand I am used to having in comparison to North American or Middle Eastern standards. Nice ocean view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I inform you that room renovation is planned soon. Your comments will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Impeccable service - Clean - Beautiful - Ideal Location. Hotel staff was very helpful and I would recommend it to my friends traveling to Algiers. The location cannot be beat. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoy your stay.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

thanks for all your efforts to give us the best of your services, and i'm very happy to get one night over there , hope i will get another and another day , all your staff have a good quilty thanks for all of them , and hope the brekfest will be free next time , but the parcking are very small than the others hotels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments,it a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I inform you that we have a nother parking behind the Hotel which is more spacious than the 01st

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Francly speaking, I injoye spending time in this hotel, particularly receving freinds or geust. Even the aerport is 15mn fare from the hotel, I never care for my flaght pickup. The hotel is situated near an big hyper market, and is 20mn fare from the taon

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Alger three weeks on business during Feb 2014. The rooms are about the same size as US standards, bed are comfortable, and the bathroom is roomy with one sink, shower/bath and bidet. I found the rooms to be very quiet. Each room has a nice balcony -- I sometimes propped the door open to get a nice breeze. The rooms have a large desk with ethernet cable for internet (free) but I found the wifi strong enough. The TV is a 40-42 inch Samsung flatscreen with 2 HDMI and composite inputs and a USB port that you can use to play audio, video (but not mp4), or watch a slide show of pictures. Most programming is mainly in French and Arabic, but there are one or two English channels as well as programs in Spanish, Italian, German, Turkish, and Mandarin Chinese. The restaurants on site are good, but the buffet is expensive (40,000 DZD) for dinner. Breakfast at the buffet is okay but every day is just about the same thing -- they must like their scrambled eggs runny here -- and omlettes are cooked like crepes. Security is taken seriously at this hotel (as probably most in the area) -- all bags are checked or xrayed when entering and cars inspected at the outer gate and are not usually permitted to drive up close to the hotel. The Ardis shopping center is about a 10 minute walk away but gets very busy in the evening and closes for a couple hours middays on Fridays.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms look towards the the sea and center of Algiers but the view of the city is partially blocked by new high-rise buildings going up next door. The coast itself isn't too interesting, but you have a clear view out to the sea and can see cargo ships coming and going. The "garden" rooms have a more interesting view of the city and Atlas Mountains in the distance and a small pine forest nearby. I could see the sunrise on the garden side, and the sunset (barely) on the sea side. You can hear the prayer calls at nearby mosques on the garden side, but it's far enough away to not disturb you. If you can get into the executive floors (11&12), the free breakfast and dinner are small, but satisfying. This hotel's suites are large -- if you can get into one. The Deluxe Suite (e.g. room 1214), has a bedroom the size of a regular room, but also has a living area the size of two rooms that includes living room, dining room, guest half bath, & kitchen-ready room (no fridge or range, but room for them!). Rooms ending with 08 (e.g. 808, 1208) have a double wide balcony because of a stairway next door that doesn't need a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your report will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.