“Injoying this hotel”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Algiers
Ouargla, Algeria
“Injoying this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Francly speaking, I injoye spending time in this hotel, particularly receving freinds or geust. Even the aerport is 15mn fare from the hotel, I never care for my flaght pickup. The hotel is situated near an big hyper market, and is 20mn fare from the taon

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments,it a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Mohamed Amine OuldAli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Alger three weeks on business during Feb 2014. The rooms are about the same size as US standards, bed are comfortable, and the bathroom is roomy with one sink, shower/bath and bidet. I found the rooms to be very quiet. Each room has a nice balcony -- I sometimes propped the door open to get a nice breeze. The rooms have a large desk with ethernet cable for internet (free) but I found the wifi strong enough. The TV is a 40-42 inch Samsung flatscreen with 2 HDMI and composite inputs and a USB port that you can use to play audio, video (but not mp4), or watch a slide show of pictures. Most programming is mainly in French and Arabic, but there are one or two English channels as well as programs in Spanish, Italian, German, Turkish, and Mandarin Chinese. The restaurants on site are good, but the buffet is expensive (40,000 DZD) for dinner. Breakfast at the buffet is okay but every day is just about the same thing -- they must like their scrambled eggs runny here -- and omlettes are cooked like crepes. Security is taken seriously at this hotel (as probably most in the area) -- all bags are checked or xrayed when entering and cars inspected at the outer gate and are not usually permitted to drive up close to the hotel. The Ardis shopping center is about a 10 minute walk away but gets very busy in the evening and closes for a couple hours middays on Fridays.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms look towards the the sea and center of Algiers but the view of the city is partia...
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your report will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Leer, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

This is just the worst Hilton you can stay in.
Recaption staff do not recognize you even after the 5 the stay.
Breakfast omelette is a big problem for the cook. Every day it is either burned or raw! Just ugly!

This hotel is too expensive and the return you get for your money is just poor!

My complaint directly to Hilton customer care want even taken care of till now!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aamrou
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, February 14, 2014

Mohamed Amine OuldAli

Travelers are raving about these Algiers hotels

Baden, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Alger with two business colleagues. My room was on the 5th floor, facing the ocean. The reception (check-in and check-out) is a nightmare, and can take up to half an hour! Definite need for improvement there. Also the staff isn´t very attentive, sometimes even unfriendly. The room was spacious but not very clean, I had little ants in my bathroom and above the refrigerator, and there were little specks of who knows what on my pillow the first night. If there were a better choice of hotel in the area I´d take it in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

it is not very bad but for the price you pay it is disappointing.. there is nothing specially good about it except the fact that it is close to airport. generally old the service is below average
the restaurants are also average, the business lounge is very disappointing. security is good, business atmosphere is also good

Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

To start, I would say that this hotel is a reasonable BUSINESS Hotel. If you are on turism, I would definitely avoid this place. Relatively far away from town, and takes ages during the day due to traffic. It is HILTON, only by name, because the hotel is dated, and is in urgent need of a "face-lift".

OK
POSITIVES:
Most important for me... it is safe, quiet and close to the airport and highway accesses to move between customers. The room is big and comfortable bed. Large flat screen TV, and the internet works well in the room. Being on business, this is important, and improved hugely since my last visit. Staff is extremely friendly, however... I think that they need more training to be more proactive, since it took me 3 calls to get the attention of a server to ask for a needed drink.

NEGATIVES:
Unfortunately, there are various points that need attention... in my opinion.
Starting with the price - MILES TOO HIGH for the quality that is received!!! Rooms are comforatble, but need a face-lift. This is a "5 star??" Hotel, but the rooms are out-dated, and feel "bear" and dull. There are 4 option for dinning in this hotel (5 in summer due to the pool bar). Tried them all... yet food is at most average and miles too expensive. In my opinion the best option was the Hilton Burger and the Club Sandwich in the lobby Kantara Bar. Important to me is the GYM... and yes, they are well equipped... but the machines are in desperate need of renovation... not repairs... it needs NEW MACHINES - These are at least 5 years old. There is a bar in the complex, Crystal Lounge... but everything is charged seperately (including entrey for guests), and the staff in this place are arrogant and pushy. I must say, room service was slow... and yes... they need to learn how to bring the food WARM. I think that it was waiting for too long on the pass, before they found someone to bring it to me - COLD. Lastly... not the hotel's fault, but it is far from the center. No real dining options ouside the hotel in walking distance. To go anywhere... you need a taxi, and takes time to get there.

In all, I would say that this is a very average hotel, for the HILTON BRAND. For me, it was convenient, since my customers are close to the hotel, and the airport is near as well. There are better option in Algiers, in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, February 8, 2014

Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hilton is average hotel in algiers.This hotel is very clean, service with smile and the room very comfortable and secure. The buffet/food was very average.
Hotel location far from the City.

Stayed Dec2010, travelled on business

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Mohamed Amine OuldAli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algiers
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
Ibis Alger Aeroport
Ibis Alger Aeroport
#1 of 2 in Bab Ezzouar
Hotel El-Djazair Ex Saint George

Been to Hilton Alger? Share your experiences!