“Best Hotel in Algiers so far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Alger

Hilton Alger
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Algiers
Beirut, Lebanon
“Best Hotel in Algiers so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I travel to Algeria for business and as part of convenience I always stay in Hotels close to the airport.
due to unavailability i had to book a stay at Hilton Alger, and I have made a perfect choice.
Though not cheap, Hilton Algiers has an amazing ambiance, smiling and very helpfull staff.
Front desk officer was very professional and helpful beyond imagination, though he was very busy yet he found the time to support.
Lobby very spaciouss, rooms filled with what you may need, speedy internet, welcome fruit basket.
i did not have the time to try the restaurents, but house keeping were very helpful.
I would love to stay there in my next visit, and would think of joining the Hilton Honors club now,
If you are going for leisure or business, go for Hilton, you will enjoy the pool and beach at the same time.

Room Tip: go for sea view rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
amirouche a, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

At first I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment, following your recent stay at Hilton Alger.

Any comments from you is appreciated, as it allows us to improve the quality of services that we offer to our guests.

I have noted your comments with great interest and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel.

I remain at your entire disposal, and please accept the expression of my highest consideration.

Best Regards

Amirouche Aithamouda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Constantine, Algeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Apart from the architecture of the hotel, its amenities, the nice rooms, the variety of suits... what I like most is the ability of reception, bar, restaurant, concierge and pool crews to treat their guests like individuals, not just like standard customers. Calling a customer by their name is so cool!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Please accept the expression of my highest consideration.

Best Regards
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton for about 5 days on a business trip and it was actually pretty nice with super friendly staff.

The rooms:
I got a sea view room which was fantastic. The rooms are equipped with new televisions and a handy alarm clock. The bed was quite comfortable as well.
Generally speaking the room is clean however the carpet has a significant amount of lint.
A number of channels on TV were also a bit fuzzy.

The bathroom:
Being spacious is about the only positive about the bathroom, the main problems with it are the fact that the shower isn't probably sealed and therefore after the morning shower it looks like a tsunami hit the bathroom and the tiles are a bit old with a number of cracks.

The service:
The service is extremely friendly and there is a general vibe of people wanting to do their best to serve. However, professionalism is another thing.
Smiles are abundant, advice and prompt responses are free flowing.
Housekeeping truly DO make up the room, hang your clothes, clean the room and make is speckles. The laundry also deserve special praise, they were lightning fast to come collect and return.
However a number of incidents occurred that shouldn't have.
1. around 2000 usd was blocked on my credit card cause they couldn't find my company's PO. After they found it, they claimed that this is the normal amount they block in case I order room service and the like. I was asked by the reception when checking out why they had blocked such a large amount :)
2. The concierge wasn't the best I had seen. whenever I check-in to any hotel I ask the concierge for a map, ask them to mark where we are and where the main sights are. I asked the same thing, they were able to produce a map, but couldn't point out most of the main sights nor where the hotel was with jokes being made along the lines of "we're not google maps"
3. When I would forget my keys and approach reception for a new key they would only ask for the room number without verifying who I am, which was worrying, I could have stated any room number. Same thing happened with house keeping, my key didn't work, the lady simply asked me if it was my room, I said yes, she opened it for me with her master key.

The restaurant:
The food was pretty good for both breakfast and lunch. The waiters made sure that nothing ever ran low.

The location:
It is actually pretty far out from the city center. The location only becomes an asset if you want something near the airport (10 mins away) or you have work in the nearby business tower which hosts a number of multinationals.

What I liked: the friendliness of the staff
what I disliked: the professionalism.

Bottom line a recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, June 3, 2013

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel.

Amirouche Aithamouda
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

You feel like back home with all those friendly personal that meets you with a big smile even the one that might not have a direct contact with them and luxury rooms that you can feel it with the Mini Bar , LCD TV 42 , desk for your paper work use and king bed under good prices . I am sure u will love it .

amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your report will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Amirouche

Manager
Algeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hilton Alger is a good place to stay ! Very nice lobby with bar.... large rooms, clean and a very comfortable bed... The staff is very helpfull...and will make your stay most enjoyable.................

amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Amirouche

Manager
Bucharest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

It is definitely not a 5 star hotel, not even a 3rd one.
I agree that the lions statues in front of the hotel, the marble in the reception the chandelier would want to create the impression of a luxury hotel but i think little attention should be given to details as well such as the old smelly furniture in the room, cleaning the bathroom and actually having clean extra blankets in the room.
The heating did not work so it would get quite chilly in the night.
The breakfast was average to say the best - the pastries however were pretty awful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mrs. Diana ,

Thak you for choosing Hilton Alger and for taking time to share your experience. i informe you that your comments will be shared with our staff to improve the quality of service

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Travelers are raving about these Algiers hotels

Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you like to walk this is not your hotel. It is very far from everywhere. The staff was mostly unfriendly expect women. There was one lady at concierge desk who was very helpful. The others rather lied that something is not possible than helped. The lobby bar is nice and there was piano music every evening. The lobby is like Hiltons everywhere but our room was not in "Hilton level", for example broken linen (holes). Breakfast was varied but expensive (18 e).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

I have noted your comments with great interest and we are all sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Algiers
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
Best Night
Best Night
#3 of 24 in Algiers
Hotel El-Djazair Ex Saint George

Been to Hilton Alger? Share your experiences!